Author Topic: state of the union game thread  (Read 8437 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: state of the union game thread
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
Illegal immigrants are criminals, no doubt, but I view their crime slightly less seriously than I view pirating music.

We spend billions on free education, childcare, healthcare, and other forms of welfare for the millions of illegal immigrants, not to mention the diseases (no vacinations) and narcotics that cross the border with them. I'd say that's a bigger problem than music piracy. Those are some of the reasons for actual enforcement of a legal immigration system.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 03:26:24 PM »
Illegal immigrants are criminals, no doubt, but I view their crime slightly less seriously than I view pirating music.

We spend billions on free education, childcare, healthcare, and other forms of welfare for the millions of illegal immigrants, not to mention the diseases (no vacinations) and narcotics that cross the border with them. I'd say that's a bigger problem than music piracy. Those are some of the reasons for actual enforcement of a legal immigration system.

They generate billions in revenue, so no big deal.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »
But royalties as are taxed as income!!!!

I would bet a kabagillion dollars that welfare and illegals cost more than the revenue it generates, by a substantial margin.  Particularly because the primary source of revenue for the federal government is income tax receipts and nobody on welfare or here illegally pays income taxes.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2015, 03:57:49 PM »
But royalties as are taxed as income!!!!

I would bet a kabagillion dollars that welfare and illegals cost more than the revenue it generates, by a substantial margin.  Particularly because the primary source of revenue for the federal government is income tax receipts and nobody on welfare or here illegally pays income taxes.

Their employers pay income taxes.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »
Immigrant haters are just awful people.   

I'm a big fan of legal immigrants. We need more of them (people who actually went through a legal process to get here - not just snuck in and then were granted amnesty). I hink people who characterize anti-illegal immigration people as "immigrant haters" are just awful people.

I don't think you understand the whole brought here by your parents thingy.   

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »

I'm a big fan of legal immigrants. We need more of them (people who actually went through a legal process to get here - not just snuck in and then were granted amnesty). I hink people who characterize anti-illegal immigration people as "immigrant haters" are just awful people.

Yeah, I understand the "brought here by their parents" and "shipped here by the parents" thingies. that doesn't change my mind. It incentivizes a lawless immigration system. But that's libtardism for ya, incentivize bad decisions and lawlessness, disincentivize good decisions.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
I would hardly call immigrating to the US from Mexico or central America a bad decision.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
I would hardly call immigrating to the US from Mexico or central America a bad decision.

Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
one thing immigrant haters always say is that they'd like to make it easier to immigrate legally but I don't remember ever seeing anything that makes legal immigration easier on the table from immigrant haters
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:18:08 PM by michigancat »

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2015, 05:10:45 PM »

Yeah, I understand the "brought here by their parents" and "shipped here by the parents" thingies. that doesn't change my mind. It incentivizes a lawless immigration system. But that's libtardism for ya, incentivize bad decisions and lawlessness, disincentivize good decisions.

i bet it's a great family story about how your ancestors got here.   

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
one thing immigrant haters always say is that they'd like to make it easier to immigrate legally but I don't remember ever seeing anything that makes legal immigration easier on the table from immigrant haters

Try reading something other than slate

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2015, 05:39:56 PM »

I actually do have a pretty great family immigration story but for purposes of this discussion I'll just sum it up as "legally" and "before we were signing immigrants up for welfare."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2015, 05:43:46 PM »

I don't know whether anyone in the GOP has offered such legislation, but I'll agree with you that (1) I haven't seen it, and (2) the pubtards have failed miserably at immigration proposals. Many seem to want amnesty as bad as the libtards, and others don't seem to have any solution other than the "build the fence" talking point. Speaking of which, have you seen the Houses latest immigration bill proposal? JFC. :facepalm:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2015, 05:45:20 PM »

Nice. I was talking about from our perspective, not theirs, though some dead kids floating in the rio grande suggests it may be a bad decision all around.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »
The dead kids suggest it's a bad decision to have any immigration barriers

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2015, 05:55:25 PM »

I actually do have a pretty great family immigration story but for purposes of this discussion I'll just sum it up as "legally" and "before we were signing immigrants up for welfare."

I enjoy it when people proudly proclaim their ancestors came here legally when any white person could come here legally until the 1920's

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2015, 06:25:28 PM »

I enjoy it when people proudly proclaim their ancestors came here legally when any white person could come here legally until the 1920's

You mean back before we had a population of 350mil and were signing everyone and their extended families up for welfare? Yeah, we could probably afford looser immigration back then. Not that immigration didn't have constraints even back then. You had to demonstrate a trade, and pass a medical screening. Immigrants with infectious disease were turned back all the time.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
You mean back before we had a population of 350mil and were signing everyone and their extended families up for welfare? Yeah, we could probably afford looser immigration back then. Not that immigration didn't have constraints even back then. You had to demonstrate a trade, and pass a medical screening. Immigrants with infectious disease were turned back all the time.

whoa, your ancestors demonstrated a trade, AND passed a medical screening! :eek:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2015, 07:27:56 PM »

Obama's 2015 speech drew smallest #SOTU audience since 2000 http://t.co/TycwqWCeIs via @WSJPolitics

LOL. Worst since Clinton 2000 and all of W's

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2015, 07:36:47 PM »

whoa, your ancestors demonstrated a trade, AND passed a medical screening! :eek:

And rusty taps out. I've made my point. It's getting libtarded in here.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2015, 07:46:45 PM »

And rusty taps out. I've made my point. It's getting libtarded in here.
Congrats on your big win

:lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »
My grandmother traced her family tree back to the Mayflower. I thought that was really cool, but I'm not sure if I would classify it as legal immigration.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »
ksuw  :lol:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2015, 09:18:52 PM »
After getting my heart broke listening to the BB game, I decided I needed comic relief.  Obama flapping his chops and Biden jumping up and down like a horny teen at a nude beach.  Obama made a lot of good sounding promises, but details scare me.   The introduction of the NASA astronaut was shocking.  What happened to young studs in space?  Kelly looks like he could croak in space.  Finally my forebearers came to North America in the 1750's, and I wonder if Indians thought they were illegal aliens.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2015, 09:35:03 PM »
What if someone's ancestors immigrated with slaves? Does that mean current people should be able to immigrate with slaves too? 

A lot of people in the 18th and 19th century came to the us as indentured servants. If that was okay then, why not now? Times certainly haven't changed in the immigration world.