Author Topic: state of the union game thread  (Read 8423 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: state of the union game thread
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »
"It's a mindset that gave us political talking points, not serious solutions..."

pot meet kettle?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 09:33:06 PM »
"terrorism is also in places with white people like you"

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2015, 09:33:26 PM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
What the hell is "ISOL?"
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »
isil

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2015, 09:36:29 PM »
isil

ah, nevermind. same thing, right? never heard that moniker.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:39:30 PM by nicname »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2015, 09:42:14 PM »
ya

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
Still FOXing. Paul Ryan is kind of a boss.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2015, 11:06:11 PM »
I cracked up every time he said they have "reduced deficits".

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »
I like the part(s) where he bragged about the economy, when he has opposed everything that has helped this slow, feeble recovery. He opposed expanding oil and gas production, but American production expanded anyway on private land, helping to reduce prices (not just of oil, but throughout the entire economy) and add jobs. He fought for "cap and trade," more spending, and higher taxes and has been mostly blocked by the GOP. But yeah Obama, take a lap for the amazing economic recovery your policies are like totally responsible for.

I expecially liked the term "middle class economics" last night. :lol: I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I think one thing is pretty clear: Obama is a man of the people and middle class.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »
I like the part(s) where he bragged about the economy, when he has opposed everything that has helped this slow, feeble recovery. He opposed expanding oil and gas production, but American production expanded anyway on private land, helping to reduce prices (not just of oil, but throughout the entire economy) and add jobs. He fought for "cap and trade," more spending, and higher taxes and has been mostly blocked by the GOP. But yeah Obama, take a lap for the amazing economic recovery your policies are like totally responsible for.

I expecially liked the term "middle class economics" last night. :lol: I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I think one thiong is pretty clear: Obama is a man of the people and middle class.

If oil and gas is going to expand on private land anyway, then I would prefer that over giving them free access to federal land.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »

I expecially liked the term "middle class economics" last night. :lol: I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I think one thing is pretty clear: Obama is a man of the people and middle class.

Sounds like you liked the speech then

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »
I really hope the EPA continues to suckle to their buddies at the NRDC and The Sierra Club and continues their little "Sue and Settle" schemes . . . that's a huge boon to the economy and to . . . Regulation Nation.

Nothing says "most transparent administration in history" than behind closed door "settlements" and new policies derived with no Congressional Oversight.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2015, 10:24:04 AM »
Cong. Tim Huelskamp @CongHuelskamp  ·  13h 13 hours ago
Your life matters, unless you have not been born yet. #SOTU

“The single biggest threat to national security is the national debt” -Navy Adm. Mike Mullen #SOTU

Cong. Tim Huelskamp @CongHuelskamp  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Taxing accumulated wealth? Really? A federal government that steals your IRA and raids your bank account? I don’t think so. #SOTU

.@BarackObama dissed the #Veterans, bypassing Phoenix on his trip earlier this month. Was he just too busy? #SOTU

To paraphrase Friedman, there is no such thing as ‘Free’ college http://goo.gl/L3fJ8v  #SOTU
 YouTube

.@BarackObama's policies mean one thing....more spending, more taxes, more debt. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

.@BarackObama is talking about paid leave – something he knows a lot about. Would this include golf? #SOTU

Under @BarackObama’s rule, 18.3 million more Americans are on food stamps. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

Under @BarackObama’s rule, he has burdened our children and grandchildren with $7.45 TRILLION in debt. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

Under @BarackObama’s rule, we have 21.9 million who want a full-time job but can't get one. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

Despite @BarackObama's best efforts, energy sector has exploded. #SOTU

Cong. Tim Huelskamp @CongHuelskamp  ·  16h 16 hours ago
Kansans are looking forward to a really important event tonight. Go Wildcats! @kstatesports #SOTU

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »

“The single biggest threat to national security is the national debt” -Navy Adm. Mike Mullen #SOTU

Taxing accumulated wealth? Really? A federal government that steals your IRA and raids your bank account? I don’t think so. #SOTU

.@BarackObama dissed the #Veterans, bypassing Phoenix on his trip earlier this month. Was he just too busy? #SOTU

To paraphrase Friedman, there is no such thing as ‘Free’ college http://goo.gl/L3fJ8v  #SOTU
 YouTube

.@BarackObama's policies mean one thing....more spending, more taxes, more debt. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

.@BarackObama is talking about paid leave – something he knows a lot about. Would this include golf? #SOTU

Under @BarackObama’s rule, 18.3 million more Americans are on food stamps. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

Under @BarackObama’s rule, he has burdened our children and grandchildren with $7.45 TRILLION in debt. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

Under @BarackObama’s rule, we have 21.9 million who want a full-time job but can't get one. #SOTU #middleclasseconomics

Kansans are looking forward to a really important event tonight. Go Wildcats! @kstatesports #SOTU

Confession - I am Congressman Tim Huelskamp, and I am a twitter warrior.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »

YouTube

Chruth Bombs!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:49 AM »
Hueth Bombs

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2015, 11:52:36 AM »
I like how b.o. waited until he was completely mamed and lame duck to start pushing for all these dumbass, lowest common denominator pandering programs. It's like the only thing he's fighting for anymore is an approval rating above W's.  It's just so pathetic.

I also like how he's "calling on this Congress" to do this and that, like the overwhelming majority of them weren't put into Congress to do the opposite of whatever he wanted.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2015, 12:14:40 PM »
But you college age kids better not expect a discount at the Obama presidential library, you'll have a free education so you should have plenty of jack . . . and since you got a free education you'll want to come read the memoirs and see the exhibits of your hero.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2015, 12:21:39 PM »
You are so weird dax

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
I like how b.o. waited until he was completely mamed and lame duck to start pushing for all these dumbass, lowest common denominator pandering programs. It's like the only thing he's fighting for anymore is an approval rating above W's.  It's just so pathetic.

I also like how he's "calling on this Congress" to do this and that, like the overwhelming majority of them weren't put into Congress to do the opposite of whatever he wanted.

I'm not even sure he cares so much about his approval rating - it's more like he's basically decided his last two years will be a massive F-You to the GOP. He's just trolling them now at every opportunity. Last night, for example, he invited an illegal immigrant to sit in the Lenny Skutnik seats - I guess he's a "national hero" for breaking our immigration laws and then getting to stay under an unconsitutional blanket amnesty by executive action - err, memo.

He fully intends to veto popular pieces of legislation like the Keystone pipeline. That won't help his approval rating but, again, I don't think he gives a crap. It also won't help Hillary, and he probably relishes the idea of sinking her campaign yet again.

It's going to be a very ugly next two years. Good job, America.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:53:08 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2015, 02:48:08 PM »
Immigrant haters are just awful people.     

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2015, 03:05:25 PM »
Immigrant haters are just awful people.   

I'm a big fan of legal immigrants. We need more of them (people who actually went through a legal process to get here - not just snuck in and then were granted amnesty). I hink people who characterize anti-illegal immigration people as "immigrant haters" are just awful people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2015, 03:11:27 PM »
Illegal immigrants are criminals, no doubt, but I view their crime slightly less seriously than I view pirating music.