Author Topic: Tim Fitzgerald just called us out on "The Drive" + Bonus Content + Underwood  (Read 26326 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Fitzgerald just called us out on "The Drive
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »
he has had really good years and really poor years.  more than anything, he is a high variance coach.

in the last 14 seasons, across three different schools, oscar's teams have been rated:

SIU - 49th, 57th
Illinois - 13th, 1st, 10th, 39th, 51st, 23rd, 56th, 19th, 82nd
KSU - 21st, 43rd, 89th (in progress)

so, this is basically as bad as it gets for a oscar-coached team. this year's team is rated worse than the '11 team that quit on him, and that's only because he's without the team's best player. it probably won't get any worse going forward. oscar will consistently field competitive teams that are likely to be comfortably inside the bubble or directly on it.

he's not going to do more with less. he's unlikely to do less with more. he's just going to be average.

Wrong side of the bubble.  Half of the last eight seasons even with the Frank booster seat.  One NCAA win.  It's super exciting because every possession turns into an event.  Walk that razor's edge, cat fans!  :emawkid:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »
These people, these rough ridin' people...

http://www.thesalutepodcast.com/contributors/

Looking at that site and listening to their podcast for the first time. Sometimes I forget exactly who we are guys.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »
cf3 had me stay in the car when he approached tuckfano in the parking lot after the oregon fiesta bowl

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »
cf3 had me stay in the car when he approached tuckfano in the parking lot after the oregon fiesta bowl

it was for your own safety.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »
i didn't fully understand it at the time, but thank you

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2015, 10:53:07 PM »
Regardless of how things are trending firing oscar at the end of the season doesn't seem realistic. That's not to say history isn't on those who want him gone ASAP's side.

Realistically, this year is a dive and either oscar turns it up next season of he's gonzo. That brings in a huge fear of oscar doing just enough to stay on the job, beginning a multi-year span of dancing between the NCAA and NIT bubbles. It's absolutely realistic to hope for the short-term worst, because they want long-term success.

But that's where the masses just can't come to grips with the fire-now sentiment. It's impossible for many people to think so pragmatically. I get the line of thought, but just can't pull myself to root for the worst, even though I fear the best might not be very good at all.

It's almost like so many political arguments we see today where one side just will not accept the other's viewpoint and vice versa.

You have to finish in the top half of the league most years. You can get pass on bad years with great years. Finishing in the top half every year is stupid of you don't have great years. I want great years more than anything. oscar in the next two years has to have another great year or eff him. If he has another bad year next year eff him. That is where he stands, IMO.
Eh you'll find a way to lower the bar for a "bad year", guys like you always will. There will be some excuse, some rationalization, something beyond poor oscar's control that will make you say: "maybe next year the stars will align just right!".   I mean if he finishes just barely above .500 next year in conference and maybe squeaks into the NIT you will claim that is a not a "bad year".  The definition of a "bad year" will slowly slide into lower and lower so "being competitive" and "good hustle" against KU will be enough.

Nope.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2015, 11:37:51 AM »
I'm done calling for oscar to be fired.  Still gonna mock him, but just as a way of mocking what an absurd choice he was.  But he didn't torpedo ksu hoops.  As catbreader might say, he's just the known AIDS that the administration willingly ejaculated into ksu hoops.  I've learned to appreciate emaw basketball for its comedic value, and that's just how it's going to be until there's a good basketball coach-pick'r in place.  Whatever bad things come of oscar coaching can just keep on happening to Currie.  At least there's bacon and cookies for him to snack on.
Literally just spit coffee on my computer monitor. cross post this to funny things in your office for my staff.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
Still going strong, who recruited these guys doe?  :dubious:

http://www.thesalutepodcast.com/wildcat-formation-right-way-edition/

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2015, 12:17:33 PM »
Still going strong, who recruited these guys doe?  :dubious:

http://www.thesalutepodcast.com/wildcat-formation-right-way-edition/

What the heck kind of fantasy world do these guys come from?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2015, 12:19:39 PM »
more like Not_A_REAL_ksu_FAN

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »
I'm not clicking on any more of that guy's links

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »

I mean, when the guy said "Mike used facts" in his argument, then he makes some ambiguous argument about winning the "right way"? Also, I'm glad I missed the first "open letter" one. I have no idea how you can form any of those opinions on college sports, let alone the current state of K-State basketball. Its really unbelievable.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2015, 12:24:30 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think those guys litterally do their podcasts in one of their mothers basements. B+ source

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »

I mean, when the guy said "Mike used facts" in his argument, then he makes some ambiguous argument about winning the "right way"? Also, I'm glad I missed the first "open letter" one. I have no idea how you can form any of those opinions on college sports, let alone the current state of K-State basketball. Its really unbelievable.
thats the majority of our fan base in a nutshell

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »
Kellis "Not a real beat writer" Robinett

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/k-stated/article10066520.html

But this Weber comment struck me after the West Virginia loss: “We finally got over the hump and took the lead. I was just hoping and praying that some good things would happen.”

That statement does not show much confidence, and it seemed to rub off on players.

Here is what Nigel Johnson said about the final minutes against West Virginia: “We fought hard. I guess that is all we could do. I wish we could have pulled it out. It’s whoever gets lucky, I guess.”

Overall, he was pretty reasonable in his little blog though.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
810 kept playing the clip of oscar bitching about OU being off since Monday going into this weekends game and I literally almost lost control of my car in rage.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
Hell, even D Scott is seeing the writing on the wall.  Not sure what kind of bizarro world these salute clowns are coming from.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2015, 12:49:48 PM »
They think they are being loyal.  In a world where coaches don't stick around most places long, the thought of some immediate loyalty is crazy.  I mean, give me 4-5yrs and I can see that taking shape.  Give me 2 yrs, and most any coach needs to put up or shut up. 

They hold that undue loyalty as far up as they can and use it as proof that they are a better fan.  Their loyalty, in such cases, isn't toward KSU, though, it's toward a coach(see beginning of this post).  It's all so very weird.  Rather than being loyal to the university and expecting it's representative represent it in such a way to make them proud, they scratch and claw to find something they can use as an excuse to be proud of the coach that they are shoving their undue loyalty at.  It's boggling.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2015, 12:49:49 PM »
I honestly don't give a crap about his lack of confidence or whining about scheduling or jet lag. If anything it makes me want to keep him around. Those kenpom numbers, though....

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »
Can you imagine the shake up in the college basketball coaching word if we *did* let oscar go?  Oh man!  The domino effect would be amazing!  Shock waves.  Which big time program do you think would snap him up first?  Louisiana Tech? Eastern Illinois? They might even fire their coach to get him!  Oh but if we are lucky maybe Mark Fox will ripe for us to go grab!

While Mike Davis was busy beating the crap out of oscar's team this year at Texas Southern, you know he had to be pissed off that that none of the P5 schools picked him up after Indiana

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2015, 12:54:17 PM »
Those kenpom numbers, though....

Yeah, this.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2015, 01:32:23 PM »

Yeah, this.

This team doesn't deserve to be summed up mathematically, too inconstant. Team is a mess. Trying to judge their quality is pointless. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »

Yeah, this.

This team doesn't deserve to be summed up mathematically, too inconstant. Team is a mess. Trying to judge their quality is pointless.

you don't even have to try. they're obviously shitty.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »

Yeah, this.

Inconsistency is part of the deal. IMO the subjective can only be informed with objective information. Otherwise I might as well be posting on that Salute thing.