Author Topic: Iowa State on Tuesday  (Read 18614 times)

Offline A$APCornBall

• Fan
    • View Profile
Iowa State on Tuesday
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:06:21 AM »
So...how can we possibly win this one? Maybe sneak Luis Colon into the game and knock Niang out with a haymaker? Just hoping they come in overconfident and we flex our oscar muscles all over Hilton.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 09:26:03 AM »
When you're #1, you get everyone's best shot every game. Comes with the territory.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:05:12 AM »
Target on back.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:13:38 AM »
In a way, it sort of bothers me that everyone hates us since we are #1, but I just try and focus on the good parts.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »
It will be fun!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »
Winning this game would essentially punch our ticket to the dance. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 12:52:44 PM »
Iowa St has to win this one at home against the league leaders if they want to stay in this race.  All the pressure is on them.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
We're going to get killed.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 12:58:03 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 12:59:19 PM »
Two Super Bowl games back-to-back for FloodAggie

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »
I could see Iowa state coming out flat on Tuesday after their monumental (in their minds) win.  If we can capitalize early and build up a decent lead (huge if since we are serially poor starters) we might be able to hang on.

Iowa State is a terrible defensive and rebounding team. I think Naz Long and Monte Morris are in some kind of competition to see who can be the worst defender in cbb history.  The key to stopping them is to limit their transition game (make shots and limit turnovers, two things were terribly inconsistent at).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »
This game is on too early in the day

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 01:11:49 PM »
Will Hoiberg have any more washouts from better programs transfer between now and tipoff?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »
We win 67-59

:Wha:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 01:16:54 PM »
I could see Iowa state coming out flat on Tuesday after their monumental (in their minds) win.  If we can capitalize early and build up a decent lead (huge if since we are serially poor starters) we might be able to hang on.

Iowa State is a terrible defensive and rebounding team. I think Naz Long and Monte Morris are in some kind of competition to see who can be the worst defender in cbb history.  The key to stopping them is to limit their transition game (make shots and limit turnovers, two things were terribly inconsistent at).

Iowa State doesn't force turnovers, which bodes well for us. They also don't try to oboard much.

However, they will be tough to match and we'll have to hope to shoot/score with them at a high pace which will be difficult in their building.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 01:19:07 PM »
I feel like most of our turnovers are not forced, so we should stop being dumb and clean this up.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 01:20:58 PM »
I feel like most of our turnovers are not forced, so we should stop being dumb and clean this up.

True. But the fact that Iowa State doesn't steal or force much (and watching them play) implies that they don't exert a ton of ball pressure, which will help us. To be fair, Jevon in the first 10 minutes yesterday was about as bad as I've seen a PG play at K-State, but Baylor's length and pressure are pretty legit.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »
I think Naz Long and Monte Morris are in some kind of competition to see who can be the worst defender in cbb history.

that's great to hear, i bet our points will tear them apart.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 01:32:32 PM »

True. But the fact that Iowa State doesn't steal or force much (and watching them play) implies that they don't exert a ton of ball pressure, which will help us. To be fair, Jevon in the first 10 minutes yesterday was about as bad as I've seen a PG play at K-State, but Baylor's length and pressure are pretty legit.

Jevon completes more passes to the camera man than his own teammates. It was very wtf.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 01:43:03 PM »
Iowa State doesn't defend with high pressure, something that we seem to struggle with this year. Most young teams, or teams limited amount of ball handlers do. I think it is a chance for our offense to take a step forward.

I am super concerned with our transition D. This is a good matchup for Nigel. You can tell Nigel's dad was a former NFL DB when he makes a break on a ball in a broken floor situation. Wes will also we super important. Hopefully Nino and Gip but a lot of pressure on their bigs on the boards.

Niang is going to be a problem for us, Nino is going to have to be smart and stay out of foul trouble. Malek probably has the best physical tools to guard Georges, be he would get mentally abused.

Hopefully they have a hangover from their big win, struggle shooting. End of the day, their scoring runs could kill us.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 01:57:27 PM »
Will Hoiberg have any more washouts from better programs transfer between now and tipoff?
Foster probs upset we are in conf. :sad:

Offline cyclones12321

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 02:12:07 PM »
 :gocho:

Sorry if you actually think morris is one of the worst defenders in the nation than you are an idiot.  Morris is our best on ball defender and maybe one of the best in the conference. Do you even watch basketball outside of k st games?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »
:gocho:

I guess you don't know what "NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK" even means.

Sorry if you actually think morris is one of the worst defenders in the nation than you are an idiot.  Morris is our best on ball defender and maybe one of the best in the conference. Do you even watch basketball outside of k st games?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »

They won't be flat. Their fans and players don't like K-State, these games have been pretty chippy since oscar came and I'm pretty sure thats because of Gip and Niang.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 02:44:26 PM »
I think coming after KU at their place will help some but I still have a hard time picturing a win.  I can't imagine us scoring with them.