Author Topic: Iowa State on Tuesday  (Read 18616 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State on Tuesday
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2015, 07:17:21 AM »

This game is basically for the conf champy.  Do we win it outright or share?

Great question.  Too tough to call at this point.  Ask me again after the game, LOL!

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:21 AM »
we better shoot like 30 3's tonight. 40?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »
:gocho:
I could see Iowa state coming out flat on Tuesday after their monumental (in their minds) win.  If we can capitalize early and build up a decent lead (huge if since we are serially poor starters) we might be able to hang on.

Iowa State is a terrible defensive and rebounding team. I think Naz Long and Monte Morris are in some kind of competition to see who can be the worst defender in cbb history.  The key to stopping them is to limit their transition game (make shots and limit turnovers, two things were terribly inconsistent at).

Sorry if you actually think morris is one of the worst defenders in the nation than you are an idiot.  Morris is our best on ball defender and maybe one of the best in the conference. Do you even watch basketball outside of k st games?
phahaha
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2015, 08:49:26 AM »
This game means way more to them than it does to us. We're everybody's super bowl.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 08:49:44 AM »
How did K-State win at OU? Didn't watch it closely enough.

Marcus foster got his daggers out.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »
we better shoot like 30 3's tonight. 40?

This will be interesting. In Big 12 play our 3PA/FGA is down to only 20.6% compared to 28.1% for the season. Over his career oscar's teams usually average around 1/3 of the shots from behind the arc. I'm sure part of this is realizing that Foster is the most legit threat, and Marcus is shooting about the same amount of 3s as last year (5.8 attempts per game compared to 6.1 last year). Part of that is also the Cats playing nearly 3 possessions slower per game this year. In any case, until someone else steps up as a legit 3PT threat (which probably won't happen) we'll probably continue to see 3PT attempts down this year. That means we'll have to rely (mainly) on Nino, Gip, Westicles, and Edwards on midrange jumpers or getting to the rim to score besides Foster's shooting.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
This game time is really screwing up my day.   :shakesfist:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »
denied due to HHH - Happy Hour Hoops  :cheers:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2015, 11:12:48 AM »
I could see Iowa state coming out flat on Tuesday after their monumental (in their minds) win.  If we can capitalize early and build up a decent lead (huge if since we are serially poor starters) we might be able to hang on.

Iowa State is a terrible defensive and rebounding team. I think Naz Long and Monte Morris are in some kind of competition to see who can be the worst defender in cbb history.  The key to stopping them is to limit their transition game (make shots and limit turnovers, two things were terribly inconsistent at).

They won't be flat. Their fans and players don't like K-State, these games have been pretty chippy since oscar came and I'm pretty sure thats because of Gip and Niang.

Why do they care/hate ksu so much? Out of all the big 12 schools isu is the one I'm most indifferent about.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2015, 11:13:30 AM »
I am a little worried for our players' safety tonight.  I mean, how many old Iowans are going to rush the floor and challenge our guys to fights after the refs bail us out over and over?  I just don't like the precedent that their fans have set by being thugs after emotional games or the precedent set by Jamie Pollard, not only by siding with the losery fans in blaming others for their own losery products, but for not stepping up security to protect visitors from the overwhelmingly violent ISU fanbase. 

I imagine oscar will get at least two use-to-be-Iowa fans in his face tonight ready to scrap. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2015, 12:28:33 PM »
I am a little worried for our players' safety tonight.  I mean, how many old Iowans are going to rush the floor and challenge our guys to fights after the refs bail us out over and over?  I just don't like the precedent that their fans have set by being thugs after emotional games or the precedent set by Jamie Pollard, not only by siding with the losery fans in blaming others for their own losery products, but for not stepping up security to protect visitors from the overwhelmingly violent ISU fanbase. 

I imagine oscar will get at least two use-to-be-Iowa fans in his face tonight ready to scrap.

What's your O/U on this scenario?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2015, 12:37:10 PM »
Whirl you clone bergers!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
I'm not feeling great about tonight, but we're pretty much playing with house $ on the road at places like ISU. Win and it's huge, lose, and meh, we were supposed to lose. I think we have a chance.  :crossfingers:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
I get super drunk when playing with house money.  I would suggest the same to everyone.

Offline A$APCornBall

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »
My house money goes to Tito's and Lagunitas

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2015, 01:13:22 PM »

What's your O/U on this scenario?

1.5?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »
don't even care about this game - all eyes on OSU.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2015, 01:29:16 PM »
don't even care about this game - all eyes on OSU.

Yep tonight is a low risk, high reward game (unless we get blown out by 40 or something).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »
House money, my ass. We are in first place. We need to win to stay there.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »
isu won't be able to guard us, the match ups tell me vegas has the wrong team favored by double digits.  the kats win tonight and solidify their vice grip on 1st place in the nation's toughest conference.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »
isu won't be able to guard us, the match ups tell me vegas has the wrong team favored by double digits.  the kats win tonight and solidify their vice grip on 1st place in the nation's toughest conference.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile