Author Topic: Sam Brownback  (Read 78272 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Brownback
« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »
He lives in KS dorks. He's OP all the way. Brownback sucks, but it was a stud tweet. Move on.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2016, 09:47:19 AM »
If he lives in Kansas 7-8 months per year he has no choice but to file in kansas.

The only missouri tax he would pay is that bullshit 1% city income tax, assuming the Royals baseball club is even organized in kcmo

This is not true at all, you pay state income tax on where it's earned not where you live. Like Chant said..he would pay Income tax to Mo and Kansas would give him a credit so he wouldn't pay any actual income tax in Kansas. Altho he probably has to pay taxes in every state he plays in which would be an ungodly bitch to file. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:57:04 AM by chuckjames »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »
Interesting take, by butthurt lib chuckjames.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2016, 09:53:01 AM »
Interesting take, by butthurt lib chuckjames.

Not butt hurt at all. Kansas really wouldn't get Alex's taxes no matter where he played. Although I did enjoy Brownback's comment about hoping the powerball winner was from KS so KS could get taxes on it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2016, 09:55:57 AM »
I mean, I live MO and work in KS and I pay taxes to both states. KS will get something from him. Brownback is the worst human alive, but I thought the tweet was $, because he's got nothing else.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 08, 2016, 10:00:29 AM »
I mean, I live MO and work in KS and I pay taxes to both states. KS will get something from him. Brownback is the worst human alive, but I thought the tweet was $, because he's got nothing else.

Well yea Bc KS has a lower rate than MO so your taxes paid to other states credit doesn't totally wipe out your liability to MO like it would if you worked in MO but lived in KS. The tweet was an amazing troll, I'll give Brownback's that.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #356 on: January 08, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
You pay state income taxes first in the state where your residence is. The word residence has a legal meaning, and it is essentially where you to live the majority of the year. The PR gal at the Royals doesn't just fill in a state postal code and then the DOR from every other state lays down, which is what edna thinks.

Sam is clown suiting butthurt libtards, per usual.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 08, 2016, 10:48:35 AM »
the tweet implied a connection between having a tax residency in kansas and playing for the royals.  there is no connection.  mlb players have enough off season time that they can establish a tax residency in any state they wish.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2016, 10:55:54 AM »
You pay state income taxes first in the state where your residence is. The word residence has a legal meaning, and it is essentially where you to live the majority of the year. The PR gal at the Royals doesn't just fill in a state postal code and then the DOR from every other state lays down, which is what edna thinks.

This is isn't true, you pay state income taxes on where it's earned first, then if you don't get a credit for taxes paid to other states, you'll have to pay the state you reside in too.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 08, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »

Wow you're taxes must be mumped.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
For example let's say I work in Ohio but live in KS..it's very unlikely that any KS taxes will be deducted from your W-2, but the OH tax absolutely will be deducted. So you're paying Ohio first and then possibly paying KS if you still have a liability after taxes paid to other states credit.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 08, 2016, 11:06:02 AM »
http://www.accountingweb.com/tax/individuals/update-tax-man-to-mlb-take-me-out-to-the-ball-game

Man oh man..doing taxes for a professional athlete would be worse than doing taxes for a partner in a big law firm.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 08, 2016, 11:39:32 AM »
the tweet implied a connection between having a tax residency in kansas and playing for the royals.  there is no connection.  mlb players have enough off season time that they can establish a tax residency in any state they wish.

In all seriousness, I didn't get that implication. He never said "because you live in Kansas." Seemed more like he was offering advice in a humorous way - "hey, by living in Kansas you'll save a crap ton in taxes over living in California" - which is true.

As it happens he does live in Kansas for a majority of the year. That doesn't mean he files his taxes as a Kansas resident. I think he probably could, though.

Probably the most inaccurate part of the tweet was the $1.8 million - I doubt it's that high, but it would be at least $1.2 million. But we should cut Sam some slack - he's never been stellar with numbers.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 08, 2016, 11:50:51 AM »
I had no idea MLB players were paid like that. Are all pro athletes paid this way? Seems crazy.

Also, LOL at this discussion.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 08, 2016, 12:01:34 PM »
I had no idea MLB players were paid like that. Are all pro athletes paid this way? Seems crazy.

I didn't know that either.  It's interesting, but it makes sense.  Nightmare for an accountant if all of that is accurate. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 08, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »

I didn't know that either.  It's interesting, but it makes sense.  Nightmare for an accountant if all of that is accurate. 

Does it make sense? If I have to travel to another state for work, I don't have to pay taxes there. I would think it's an accountant's dream.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 08, 2016, 12:12:56 PM »

Does it make sense? If I have to travel to another state for work, I don't have to pay taxes there. I would think it's an accountant's dream.

Technically you should be paying taxes to the state you're  traveling in for business, but it's usually for such a small amount that nobody worries about it. And yea the billable hours has to be off the charts for those returns.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:22:01 PM by chuckjames »

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »

I guess it doesn't. Wouldn't it be the state in which his company or business is based?  I just don't know at all. 

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 08, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »

I guess it doesn't. Wouldn't it be the state in which his company or business is based?  I just don't know at all.

No it's where the work is actually performed. Wherever the company is based really doesn't affect where you have to pay taxes unless you own said company.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 08, 2016, 12:19:30 PM »

Yes, all pro athletes are required to pay taxes this way.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »

No it's where the work is actually performed. Wherever the company is based really doesn't affect where you have to pay taxes unless you own said company.
Thanks for that info. Good to know.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »
Does it make sense?

it makes sense for the states that have professional sporting events held within their state borders.  and they're the ones making the laws.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 08, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
This is why I never became a pro athlete. Huge hassle.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2016, 12:38:11 PM »
This is why I never became a pro athlete. Huge hassle.

This is turning into a tax thread, but this is why whenever someone says all our problems would be solved by a simpler fed tax code has never looked at most states income tax returns.