Author Topic: State of the State - case closed, money is bad for schools  (Read 71202 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: State of the State - Jan. 15 at 6:30
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 05:51:51 AM »
I mean the fact that every major professional group in Kansas didn't support Brownback should have been to tell you neocons he was a sinking ship, these next few years will.  Good news, this will only set Kansas behind states like Oklahoma. 

Its also nice to base your policies on counterfactuals and when those are proven dead wrong go back to change the original narrative or obfuscate the truth with quips. 

Yeah guys lets keep plowing along this road because even though the last few YEARS haven't worked, eventually, maybe, someday, one of Sam's policies might work. How rough ridin' long do these test on taxation and economic policy have to go on before they are proven wrong?  How many more years of failure before with give this up?

Here is the reality, the tax bullshit isn't working.  The state is now going to strip the funding for its most valuable resources to cover that bullshit.  Why would a company move here when the roads are crumbling and we produce citizens with the intellectual capacity of door stops?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 09:08:07 AM »
I mean the fact that every major professional group in Kansas didn't support Brownback should have been to tell you neocons he was a sinking ship, these next few years will.  Good news, this will only set Kansas behind states like Oklahoma. 

Its also nice to base your policies on counterfactuals and when those are proven dead wrong go back to change the original narrative or obfuscate the truth with quips. 

Yeah guys lets keep plowing along this road because even though the last few YEARS haven't worked, eventually, maybe, someday, one of Sam's policies might work. How rough ridin' long do these test on taxation and economic policy have to go on before they are proven wrong?  How many more years of failure before with give this up?

Here is the reality, the tax bullshit isn't working.  The state is now going to strip the funding for its most valuable resources to cover that bullshit.  Why would a company move here when the roads are crumbling and we produce citizens with the intellectual capacity of door stops?

Blather blather blather. The best "consequence" of lower taxes you can come up with is "stripping the funding for its msot valuable resources" (not specific enough to even refute), "crumbling roads" (our roads are just fine and we're still doing plenty of maintenance and new construction) and "dumb kids" (whether we spend $12k or $14k per kid doesn't have jackshit to do with how much they learn - it's how you spend it).

But seriously, let's raise taxes. If there's one thing that will draw more people and jobs to Kansas, it's higher... :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 10:09:39 AM »
you lower ed spending fan boys should be the biggest cheerleaders for the reform of the ed process.  Just cutting crap doesn't work in the public sphere.  It needs a complete overhaul to operate on much less.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 10:18:57 AM »

Blather blather blather. The best "consequence" of lower taxes you can come up with is "stripping the funding for its msot valuable resources" (not specific enough to even refute), "crumbling roads" (our roads are just fine and we're still doing plenty of maintenance and new construction) and "dumb kids" (whether we spend $12k or $14k per kid doesn't have jackshit to do with how much they learn - it's how you spend it).

But seriously, let's raise taxes. If there's one thing that will draw more people and jobs to Kansas, it's higher... :lol:

eff you can't have a conversation can you. 

How many decades of economic data do we need before you admit that slashing taxes like you neo-cons want to do, does nothing to help the economy?  How many sacks do you Laffer Curve nut jobs need dragged across your face before you say you are wrong?
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
you lower ed spending fan boys should be the biggest cheerleaders for the reform of the ed process.  Just cutting crap doesn't work in the public sphere.  It needs a complete overhaul to operate on much less.
who needs all these schools with their "books" and "maps"?  Look at how great this was!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 10:30:22 AM »
I used my internet browser skills to look up the state budget and actual expenditures. The last 2 years Kansas has spent the most money it ever has on education.  By hundreds of millions of dollars.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »
I used my internet browser skills to look up the state budget and actual expenditures. The last 2 years Kansas has spent the most money it ever has on education.  By hundreds of millions of dollars.

FSD doesn't adjust for inflation because of Kansas education

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »

How many decades of economic data do we need before you admit that slashing taxes like you neo-cons want to do, does nothing to help the economy?  How many sacks do you Laffer Curve nut jobs need dragged across your face before you say you are wrong?

The keynsian European welfare state is clearly the better model!!!!  Real life data proves it!!!!!

It's cute when Edna quips about economics.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 10:40:18 AM »

:lol: :lol:  Yes all that massive inflation we've had over the last 5 years...

I really enjoy this in light of the fact that both inflation metrics released this week showed prices declining.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:25 AM »

I really enjoy this in light of the fact that both inflation metrics released this week showed prices declining.

You killed it, there has been no inflation in the past 5 years.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:52 AM »

The keynsian European welfare state is clearly the better model!!!!  Real life data proves it!!!!!

Thanks for the strawman instead of defending your decried economics.  I'll take that as a tap out. 

I mean if you really want to get your system against "mine" I'll gladly talk gilded age versus Keynesian.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 11:00:48 AM »
I would imagine that the #1 component of the ed expenditure make up is facilities. 

We should do everything possible to make them more efficient.  Full MEP overhauls to get the highest ROI equipment/parts/pieces available.

Also, sports.  We should cut them all together.  The municipalities can pick up leagues for 16y/o's just like they do for 6 y/o's, and parents can pay for the participation.  I heard a stat yesterday that the avg high school spends $5 per student on football for every $1 they spend per student on math.  I would be fine cutting band, choir, etc as long as music and art type classes were kept strong.  Again, let the muni pick up programs for that.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »
I would imagine that the #1 component of the ed expenditure make up is facilities. 

We should do everything possible to make them more efficient.  Full MEP overhauls to get the highest ROI equipment/parts/pieces available.

Also, sports.  We should cut them all together.  The municipalities can pick up leagues for 16y/o's just like they do for 6 y/o's, and parents can pay for the participation.  I heard a stat yesterday that the avg high school spends $5 per student on football for every $1 they spend per student on math.  I would be fine cutting band, choir, etc as long as music and art type classes were kept strong.  Again, let the muni pick up programs for that.

this is tricky, because then poor kids often can't play organized sports. Maybe just cut football.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »

this is tricky, because then poor kids often can't play organized sports. Maybe just cut football.

My town offers little league football.  It is $250 per kid to play.  All other little league sports are $35-$40.  My town, like most I assume, offer discounted rates to ppl with low/no income.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 11:07:31 AM »
The ppl I know who have kids in competitive leagues(the kind where the coach is paid, they travel a bunch, etc) hold all kinds of bake sales/fund raisers to fund their kids' ridic priced non-school sponsored league.  Why not keep doing that? 

Often when I am downtown, I see kids on medians raising money for AAU and other type teams.  Again, maybe keep doing that?   :dunno:

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »

Ive thought about this. I think that would get peoples attention if their little football star couldn't play anymore.

It would take some much needed balls for somebody to propose that and wake people up. We should be stressing math and science, and not bragging rights over a game.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »
Yes all that massive inflation we've had over the last 5 years...

good job, the fed.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2015, 12:22:46 PM »
high schools playing football is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  playing any sports is at best unnecessary.  i don't know why michigancat thinks kansas should encourage poor children to waste their time playing sports.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »
high schools playing football is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  playing any sports is at best unnecessary.  i don't know why michigancat thinks kansas should encourage poor children to waste their time playing sports.

It's good for your health and teaches kids a lot of valuable lessons.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »

You killed it, there has been no inflation in the past 5 years.

If you're suggesting the amount of money spent on education has increased at a rate slower than inflation, you are insane.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »

I agree.  I would still put my kids in sports.  The schools just shouldn't be the ones putting this together. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 12:41:42 PM »
what should poor kids do instead?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »

same is true of hard physical labor.  and the state could be paid for the children's efforts instead of wasting tax dollars on recreation.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 12:42:51 PM »
what should poor kids do instead?

Play for their muni's team on a subsidized/reduced entry fee as they do now for little league sports.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »

Thanks for the strawman instead of defending your decried economics.  I'll take that as a tap out. 

I mean if you really want to get your system against "mine" I'll gladly talk gilded age versus Keynesian.

"Strawman"!!!!

It's cute how the libtards immediate retort to every fact raised that completely undermines their unfounded point of view is "strawman". Never once has that term been correctly used by the libtarded.

We come to Fantasy Land, population partisan drone libtards