Author Topic: Fostering division; OSU ADV  (Read 14767 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fostering division; OSU ADV
« on: January 03, 2015, 02:00:18 PM »

This is a mess. oscar has lost his best player and one of the most promising sophomores this program has ever seen. The only consistency with this team is inconsistency as they continue the mind numbing trend of pretty good and completely terrible halves of basketball. The PGs continue to rack up TOs (2 assists to 7 TOs from Jevon/Nigel today). Gip has finally brought what we all hoped for and we even got a peek of what we expected from Edwards (at least in the first half). But it appears it all is for naught as this team continues to spiral downward. Its a sad as K-State basketball has looked since the 01-02 season when the Cats sat at 6-6 and 0-1 on January 5th. That team would go on to finish 12-15, 6-10 and this group appears on a similar path. What's worse, the program looks to be on the road to losing its best 2 players this year and facing a new beginning completely or year 4 of oscar basically being (another) rebuilding job for the program.

What a terrible week to be a Cat fan.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Fostering division; OSU ADV
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »
6-10 was pretty good for that 01-02 team IIRC

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »
If you start thinking of these losses as a means to an end, then it's not so terrible.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 02:20:01 PM »
If you start thinking of these losses as a means to an end, then it's not so terrible.

they aren't, oscar will be back. Have you seen the attitudes of his players? :yuck:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 02:22:27 PM »

they aren't, oscar will be back. Have you seen the attitudes of his players? :yuck:

A winless conference season would get him fired

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:23:08 PM »

A winless conference season would get him fired

possibly, that's an extreme long shot, though.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 02:36:44 PM »
How come good players don't want to play for oscar?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »
I need to know what happened to Wes. I thought he had a chance for All-Conference honors.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 02:42:29 PM »
Pretty surprised by the TO% it seemed like we turned it over on every other possession in the 2nd half.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »
_FAN, can you add a column for Adversity?  I don't know if we have enough data to support this, but I suspect we're building that number up quite a bit before flipping the Overcome switch.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 02:54:19 PM »

Antiquated offense and a seeming us against them attitude as it relates to oscar and his players. Frank was sometimes cruel to his players but they loved him because he wasn't running a fiefdom from an ivory tower. It's easier to pile expectations on not just players but people in all walks of life when those people like you. Frank's players loved him, even the ones who left, like Dom. People mocked the players calling him Frank instead of coach but it worked, they always knew he had their best interests in mind. I don't know about what happened at Illinois but I have not heard a player here talk about oscar like they did Frank. The only player I can remember talking about oscar with any endearment was Spradling and his comments were essentially, he isn't mean to me like Frank was.

Long story short; oscar is a it's not my fault jagoff with a terribly boring and restrictive offense to run.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 02:56:22 PM »

_FAN, can you add a column for Adversity?  I don't know if we have enough data to support this, but I suspect we're building that number up quite a bit before flipping the Overcome switch.

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
^
oscar is a gnarled and gnome-like casualty of battles abandoned when u think abt it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 03:22:45 PM »
We also need to discuss how Travis Freaking Ford mushed oscar. Ford put Forte on Wes. oscar too busy forcing square pegs into round holes, didn't allow Wes to post that midget up. Gotta stay in system!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »

Antiquated offense and a seeming us against them attitude as it relates to oscar and his players. Frank was sometimes cruel to his players but they loved him because he wasn't running a fiefdom from an ivory tower. It's easier to pile expectations on not just players but people in all walks of life when those people like you. Frank's players loved him, even the ones who left, like Dom. People mocked the players calling him Frank instead of coach but it worked, they always knew he had their best interests in mind. I don't know about what happened at Illinois but I have not heard a player here talk about oscar like they did Frank. The only player I can remember talking about oscar with any endearment was Spradling and his comments were essentially, he isn't mean to me like Frank was.

Long story short; oscar is a it's not my fault jagoff with a terribly boring and restrictive offense to run.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
I think Frank's players who gave effort, knew he wasn't going to put up with laziness from those who didn't. Story had Asprella (?) was nearly thrown from the gym.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »
I think Frank's players who gave effort, knew he wasn't going to put up with laziness from those who didn't. Story had Asprella (?) was nearly thrown from the gym.

Frank should get credit for the unwavering expectation of effort, but when you get what we had most of credit should go to culture within the players.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 03:52:35 PM »
Remember Rodney as a freshman diving on the floor and losing teeth? Who would do that this year?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »

Frank should get credit for the unwavering expectation of effort, but when you get what we had most of credit should go to culture within the players.

Certain people Twitter talked about how this team is missing Spradling but it's obvious Marcus didn't learn how to make his team tough from Will. If Marcus had to compete with Angel for two years, how much tougher would he be? Angel was arguably, not my argument, the toughest player of the Frank Martin era.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 04:05:19 PM »
I thought Gettys made a salient point about Weber's benching of Foster. It's one thing to bench a guy to send a message. Coaches do it all the time, but at some point you have to figure out if the message was received. Weber's problem seems to lie in the second part of that equation.

Either way, this collapse, and the history of shipwrecks at Illinois, spell rough waters ahead for KSU.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »
For every player that "loved" Frank, two hated him. This is not a secret
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »

LOL, okay. I have Spradling, Nino, Wally, and maybe Nick Russell in the hate column. Anyone else I'm forgetting.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 08:06:28 PM »
Did Nino really hate him?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »
Did Nino really hate him?

If he didn't certainly followed Suther's orders. I thought was later revealed the exodus was just Will and Nino :dunno:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »

LOL, okay. I have Spradling, Nino, Wally, and maybe Nick Russell in the hate column. Anyone else I'm forgetting.

I don't think Ron Anderson cared much for Frank
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best