Author Topic: Anybody heard about this Rolling Stone UVA rape story controversy?  (Read 15244 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody heard about this Rolling Stone UVA rape story controversy?
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
I'd be more concerned about future rape victims not coming forward than the reputation of some fraternity, too.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
I'd be more concerned about future rape victims not coming forward than the reputation of some fraternity, too.

yes, it's a completely appropriate thing to say in an apology.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2015, 04:44:55 PM »
I based my comments on the written apology ksu cited. Which, as written, is a qualified eff you to the people they irreparably harmed.

if you think that underhanded crap faced apology is adequate, you're a terrible piece of crap person and I hope someone falsely accuses you of rape and you're investigated for 2 years, forever branded in the public eye as a rapist, with no prospect of every getting laid again, and the only remedy you have available is "oops, oh well". Because that's the reality of what that story did to that fraternity.

Why in the eff would their bullshit fictional story deter rape reporting in the future???? That makes no rough ridin' sense. It doesn't even deter falsely accusing people of rape because the liar and it's mouthpiece are facing no known consequences for this unprovoked smear job.

This is outrageous, and anyone condoning this is either completely ignorant or a bona fide piece of crap detriment to all of society warranting immediate extermination.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »
whatever. you can argue semantics all day. they apologized and stated a legitimate concern for how their screw-up will negatively impact the future. rip the article itself all you want, but that apology is fine.

Here's some semantics. I hope you actually get gang raped and the rapists punishment is to say, "I'm sorry, but not really because you were a shitty lay"

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2015, 04:52:21 PM »
Is that your legal advice?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2015, 04:55:20 PM »
fsd is going to look pretty foolish if/when 'blast gets gang raped.  it's going to be awkward for him.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
I just hope he has the strength to come forward after Rolling Stone just made all of the real rape victims look like liars.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
I based my comments on the written apology ksu cited. Which, as written, is a qualified eff you to the people they irreparably harmed.

No, it's not. It's an apology and explaining how they mumped up.

if you think that underhanded crap faced apology is adequate, you're a terrible piece of crap person and I hope someone falsely accuses you of rape and you're investigated for 2 years, forever branded in the public eye as a rapist, with no prospect of every getting laid again, and the only remedy you have available is "oops, oh well". Because that's the reality of what that story did to that fraternity.

Why would you wish this on someone? Seems weird.

Why in the eff would their bullshit fictional story deter rape reporting in the future???? That makes no rough ridin' sense. It doesn't even deter falsely accusing people of rape because the liar and it's mouthpiece are facing no known consequences for this unprovoked smear job.

Because maybe people will be quicker to assume victims are lying than before? Is that not possible?

This is outrageous, and anyone condoning this is either completely ignorant or a bona fide piece of crap detriment to all of society warranting immediate extermination.

Why are you so mad? Everyone knows TRS mumped up. I'm not saying they didn't. The fact that you can make yourself sound so stupid when you're on the correct side of the argument is baffling.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »
Ok, let me see if I can explain why this was such a lame-ass, half-assed apology. Two reasons:

1. Put yourself in the frat's shoes. You've just been maligned for nearly a year. Trashed. And then Rolling Stone says to you, "we're really sorry to the frat and anybody else who was hurt by this. And it really makes us sad to think that this might deter real rape victims from coming out." Now again, just imagine that your a member of that frat - the REAL victim. Your reaction to such an apology would be "WTF? that's what makes you sad?!"

2. The knee jerk, PC libtardism that prompted RS to tack on that bullshit final part of the apology - to a group that wasn't harmed by this bullshit story - is the very same knee jerk, PC libtardism that caused RS to abandon all journalistic standards and publish this travesty in the first place. Which simply proves that, while embarrassing, RS learned NOTHING from this event.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2015, 05:59:11 PM »
If I were in the frat, I'd be concerned about real rape victims being unwilling to come forward as a result of the false allegations.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2015, 06:10:18 PM »
If I were in the frat, I'd be concerned about real rape victims being unwilling to come forward as a result of the false allegations.

Oh, hey RAtM, you're in that frat in the Rolling Stone story. You must be a rapist. You say it wasn't true? LOL, whatever, rapist.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
fsd is going to look pretty foolish if/when 'blast gets gang raped.  it's going to be awkward for him.

As long as the rapist says hes sorry and is glad he used a condom, 'blast should be totally fine with being the victim of a rape

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »

Oh, hey RAtM, you're in that frat in the Rolling Stone story. You must be a rapist. You say it wasn't true? LOL, whatever, rapist.

How many people do you think are aware enough of the original story to know which frat it was, but are unaware enough to not know that the story was rescinded?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 06:32:40 PM »

No, it's not. It's an apology and explaining how they mumped up.

Why would you wish this on someone? Seems weird.

Because maybe people will be quicker to assume victims are lying than before? Is that not possible?

Why are you so mad? Everyone knows TRS mumped up. I'm not saying they didn't. The fact that you can make yourself sound so stupid when you're on the correct side of the argument is baffling.

You're a rough ridin' psychopath. The story was admittedly reckless as published. They've destroyed people's reputations, and at a sizeable cost. That apology doesn't even come close to acknowledging the harm they've done, and the actual remedial measures taken reflect that they don't understand or care. I think a court would be in its right to issue punitives sufficient to shut that rag down.

Falsely accusing someone and subjecting them to the criminal justice system is a crime in and of itself.  For gods sake, the person who they wrote the story about wasn't even dumb enough to take it to the police. It was a sham. This sort of journalism is deplorable and outrageous. As far as I can tell, it only encourages falsely accusing people of horrible crimes. I fail to see, and of course nobody can articulate, how this deters reporting of rape in the future. The fact that was the sole thing TRS is remorseful about is shockingly stupid, and I hope they are hanged for it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
i just assume that any member of any frat has or will rape a woman
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 06:34:37 PM »

How many people do you think are aware enough of the original story to know which frat it was, but are unaware enough to not know that the story was rescinded?

Ahh, the old I killed your dog but bought you a new one argument. What a rough ridin' idiot

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2015, 06:41:58 PM »

This is correct.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2015, 06:58:44 PM »

RAtM: "Well the allegations were all lies and I had to move out and leave campus for a while, but you know what really makes me upset? That this story about a psycho who made up a boyfriend and concocted a gang rape hoax will make it harder for real rape victims to speak out."

Seriously though Rage, if youre gonna troll make it funny.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2015, 06:59:43 PM »

See? That's good trollin.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »

This is correct.

Bigots

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 08:49:45 PM »
i would like to apologize to all goEMAW posters and to the poster damaged by my poster intimdiation, wackcat08.  poster intimidation is a serious problem on goEMAW.com, and it is important that pi victims feel comfortable posting to this blog.  it saddens me to think that actual good posters, whose feelings matter, may be less likely to post here due to overagressive pi of shitty posters.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »
List of things they will buy with lawsuit proceeds:

1.  Frat dog
2. in ground pool
3.  red bull/monster

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »
If I were the fraternity, I'd refuse any settlement offer and just try to get it to a jury. I'd then split the proceeds, after legal fees, 50/50 between a rape prevention/assistance charity and a foundation for a professor of ethics and integrity in journalism. eff Rolling Stone. I hope this bankrupts them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2015, 11:27:31 AM »
If I were the fraternity, I'd refuse any settlement offer and just try to get it to a jury. I'd then split the proceeds, after legal fees, 50/50 between a rape prevention/assistance charity and a foundation for a professor of ethics and integrity in journalism. eff Rolling Stone. I hope this bankrupts them.

interesting strategy

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »
Do you think the fraternity gives two shits about rape prevention?