Author Topic: Anybody heard about this Rolling Stone UVA rape story controversy?  (Read 15142 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rolling Stone ran a major 9,000 word expose accusing a UVA fraternity of gang raping a student, apparently based solely on the victim's allegations and without interviewing any of the victim's friends who were there that evening or the alleged perpetrators. http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119

It now appears that the allegations are not only unfounded - they may be a complete hoax. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/u-va-students-challenge-rolling-stone-account-of-attack/2014/12/10/ef345e42-7fcb-11e4-81fd-8c4814dfa9d7_story.html?hpid=z1

:sdeek:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Anybody heard about this Rolling Stone UVA rape story controversy?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 10:29:35 AM »
I remember when UVA suspended the entire Greek system based upon this article, which seemed patently unfair even if the story were true.

The rolling stone is a joke, and has been for a while. Only complete losers read that magazine
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
I wonder what magazines fsd and ksuw enjoy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
I don't know why you take such an aggressive stance against alleged victims. It's okay to sit back and wait for the conclusion of the story before picking sides. This just kinda makes you seem like a dick.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 01:08:44 PM »
I don't know why you take such an aggressive stance against alleged victims. It's okay to sit back and wait for the conclusion of the story before picking sides. This just kinda makes you seem like a dick.
Rolling Stone probably should have sat back and waited for the conclusion before they ran their smear campaign too
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 01:22:52 PM »

Did you read the WaPo story? You probably should. It appears that she made up an imaginary date with a college junior, using a picture of an old highschool classmate who barely knew her and attended a different college, in order to make a different boy jealous.

Meanwhile, the UVA has suspended all fraternities indefinitely based on the RS story. I'd say it is the university and Rolling Stone who jumped to early conclusions - not me.

[Jackie's three friends who picked her up right after the "rape"] said there are mounting inconsistencies with the original narrative in the magazine. The students also expressed suspicions about Jackie’s allegations from that night. They said the name she provided as that of her date did not match anyone at the university, and U-Va. officials confirmed to The Post that no one by that name has attended the school.

Also, photographs that were texted to one of the friends showing her date that night were actually pictures depicting one of Jackie’s high school classmates in Northern Virginia. That man, now a junior at a university in another state, confirmed that the photographs were of him and said he barely knew Jackie and hasn’t been to Charlottesville for at least six years.

Randall [one of the three friends] said he met Jackie shortly after arriving at U-Va. in fall 2012 and the two struck up a quick friendship. He said Jackie was interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with him; he valued her friendship but wasn’t interested in more.

The three friends said Jackie soon began talking about a handsome junior from chemistry class who had a crush on her and had been asking her out on dates.

Intrigued, Jackie’s friends got his phone number from her and began exchanging text messages with the mysterious upperclassman. He then raved to them about “this super smart hot” freshman who shared his love of the band Coheed and Cambria, according to the texts, which were provided to The Post.

“I really like this girl,” the chemistry student wrote in one message. Some of the messages included photographs of a man with a sculpted jaw line and ocean-blue eyes.

In the text messages, the student wrote that he was jealous that another student had apparently won Jackie’s attention.

“Get this she said she likes some other 1st year guy who dosnt like her and turned her down but she wont date me cause she likes him,” the chemistry student wrote. “She cant turn my down fro some nerd 1st yr. she said this kid is smart and funny and worth it.”

Jackie told her three friends that she accepted the upperclassman’s invitation for a dinner date on Friday, Sept. 28, 2012.

Curious about Jackie’s date, the friends said that they tried to find the student on a U-Va. database and social media but failed. Andy, Cindy and Randall all said they never met the student in person. Before Jackie’s date, the friends became suspicious that perhaps they hadn’t really been in contact with the chemistry student at all, they said.

U-Va. officials told The Post that no student with the name Jackie provided to her friends as her date and attacker in 2012 had ever enrolled at the university.

Randall provided The Post with pictures that Jackie’s purported date had sent of himself by text message in 2012. The Post identified the person in the pictures and learned that his name does not match the one Jackie gave friends in 2012. In an interview, the man said he was Jackie’s high school classmate but “never really spoke to her.”

The man said he was never a U-Va. student and is not a member of any fraternity. Additionally, he said that he had not visited Charlottesville in at least six years and that he was in another state participating in an athletic event during the weekend of Sept. 28, 2012.

“I have nothing to do with it,” he said. He said it appears that the circulated photos were pulled from social media Web sites.

After the alleged attack, the chemistry student who Jackie said had taken her on the date wrote an e-mail to Randall, passing along praise that Jackie apparently had for him.

Randall said it is apparent to him that he is the “first year” student that the chemistry upperclassman described in text messages, since he had rebuffed Jackie’s advances.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:28:37 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »
Randall should give her a chance

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »
Randall should give her a chance

Yes, there's no better way to land the man of your dreams than to claim you were gang-raped. I bet she's got "crazy eyes."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »
Rolling Stone is a joke.  This girl is doing a terrible disservice to actual rape victims and actual campus sexual assault issues that deserve attention but will now be treated less seriously or brushed back under the rug.  There are many worse outcomes to this than frat boys not being able to party for a month.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
jesus  :sdeek:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
Is this that skank actress from "Girls"?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
one of my favorite things about politics is how much neocons get enraged about the fact that lena dunham exists :love:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »
 :lol:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 05:21:56 PM »
one of my favorite things about politics is how much neocons get enraged about the fact that lena dunham exists :love:

She is a terrible person.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
What's this about a grape rape controversy?  (Latin joke, son)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »

She is a terrible person.

Agreed. Sounds like she made up her rape story too and dragged "Barry the Republican" through the mud in the process.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 05:46:25 PM »
 :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
Man this thread is way better than I thought it would be

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 06:53:46 PM »
Tobias delivers

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 05:34:53 AM »
Falsely accusing someone of rape is about as low as it gets. You shouldn't be allowed to just ruin someone else's life like that. Hopefully each of these lunatics face some consequences.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 07:59:14 AM »
A guy joining a frat and getting accused of rape is like a girl dressing provocatively and getting raped. Brought it on himself and probably deserved it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
A guy joining a frat and getting accused of rape is like Michael Brown getting killed by the police. Brought it on himself and probably deserved it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »
"big-hollywood"   :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2014, 09:49:14 AM »
If I'm understanding chum correctly,  Michael Brown deserved to die, girls deserved to get raped and frat guys deserve to be falsely accused of committing rape.  :sdeek: