Author Topic: Contesting a traffic ticket (OFFICER DARIS NOT ALLOWED)  (Read 9572 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Contesting a traffic ticket (OFFICER DARIS NOT ALLOWED)
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2014, 09:57:48 AM »
"Hey man! It's just a little grass bro. Chill out man! What are these handcuffs for? This is bunk dude!" :lol:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 10:07:45 AM »
I take personal responsibility when I get traffic tickets because I broke the law and got caught. I don't get angry at anyone but myself
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2014, 10:25:19 AM »
I take personal responsibility when I get traffic tickets because I broke the law and got caught. I don't get angry at anyone but myself

Glad this is not a shared experience for you. If you ever get a traffic ticket for breaking an ordinance that has no actual safety purpose in the particular setting (e.g. the intersection as described above), knowing that in the time it takes the officer to write you the ticket he could actually be watching for people actually driving dangerously, but the officer is really only interested in scooping some money out of your pocket to pay for his new Kevlar vest, and knowing that your insurance is going to treat this ticket exactly the same as any other ticket for actually driving dangerously, it will piss you off too.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2014, 10:34:44 AM »
"Hey man! It's just a little grass bro. Chill out man! What are these handcuffs for? This is bunk dude!" :lol:
The bunk is murder police, dude. A homicide detective, not a beat cop.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »
if you don't want traffic tickets then don't break traffic laws. i don't know that it gets much simpler than that. a law is a law whether you personally agree with it or not.  :th_twocents:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2014, 10:40:03 AM »
I've only had one traffic ticket in my entire life and that was more than 10 years ago.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2014, 10:40:54 AM »
I've only had one traffic ticket in my entire life and that was more than 10 years ago.

me too except mine was a little under ten years ago. 41 in a 30. totally deserved it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »
Mine was 67 in a 55.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »
Mine was 67 in a 55.

i was so frustrated with myself at the time. before that ticket, i had a goal of going my entire life without getting one because i'm a very good driver (drivers ed student teach in highschool) and because i don't purposefully break the law.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »

Glad this is not a shared experience for you. If you ever get a traffic ticket for breaking an ordinance that has no actual safety purpose in the particular setting (e.g. the intersection as described above), knowing that in the time it takes the officer to write you the ticket he could actually be watching for people actually driving dangerously, but the officer is really only interested in scooping some money out of your pocket to pay for his new Kevlar vest, and knowing that your insurance is going to treat this ticket exactly the same as any other ticket for actually driving dangerously, it will piss you off too.

i love this website.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »

Some people struggle with personal responsibility. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »
Has anyone ever attempted this or more importantly been successful at it?  I was stopped last week a couple of blocks from work for an "improper left turn", or in other words not turning into the lane closest to the center of the street.  This was in Topeka going from the I470 off ramp East onto Huntoon.  The cop asked if there was a reason why I had "swung out so wide" to make the turn and I was like Umm, what?  Where?  So I explained to him I got in the right lane because that's the lane I needed to be in order to get to my office.  This is an absolutely pud and meaningless thing to be given a ticket for.  Maybe he was mad at the world for having to ride a motorcycle on a freezing cold morning or something.

Furthermore this is simply a cash grab.  The very next day I was sitting at the same light and I looked over and saw the same motorcycle cop had pulled a car over in the same spot, presumably for the same reason.  Also during the course of my recent bitching about this a coworker said his neighbor got a ticket for the same thing.  Hey motorcycle cop guy instead of generating revenue how about if you try and be on the lookout for some actual crime, or better yet try and get some leads on that quadruple murder from last year.

The most likely explanation is that there has been one or more accidents on this ramp that resulted from the behavior you describe, and the traffic sergeant put someone on that and similar intersections to deter drivers from doing the same thing you're doing.  A lot of emphasis on accident prevention would be a good guess.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »

Psychopaths usually blame others for their misdeeds, rather than accepting responsibility for their actions.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »
We got a lot of psychologist/self righteous ppl in here.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2014, 12:17:02 PM »
and psychopaths

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
and rehabilitated drunk drivers who have obviously learned their lesson.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2014, 12:17:58 PM »
Persecution complex. Cop probably singled ksuw out because of his sarah palin bumper sticker, god damn unions  :curse:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
and rehabilitated drunk drivers who have obviously learned their lesson.
I love these remarks. For the record, Tonya has never had a few drinks and gotten behind a wheel. NEVER! rough ridin' saint right here in the flesh.

The Big Train

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
i know i sure havent

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2014, 12:30:44 PM »
why would i do that? i could kill someone being irresponsible like that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

No, it's more a matter of having a deeply held conviction of right versus wrong. I've gotten a few speeding tickets over the years, and my reaction is simply "well eff, he got me." I pay the fine and try to be mindful of slowing down. But I certainly don't believe every law has equally valid application in every circumstance, such as "enforcement" of the ordinance in the situation described above, and that's one reason why a certain amount of discretion is necessary in law enforcement.

But it is cute to see all the "eff the po-lice" types on here suddenly becoming misters law and order. :thumbs:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
Red light at the only light in Meade at 3:45 am on a Wednesday with no one in sight? Do you stop or not?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
i call this case, the case of the huntoon hubalabo

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
I bet a bunch of you spit on the sidewalk, too.  What a bunch of animals.