Author Topic: Contesting a traffic ticket (OFFICER DARIS NOT ALLOWED)  (Read 9662 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Contesting a traffic ticket (OFFICER DARIS NOT ALLOWED)
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »
I also heard they have something against getting Pak'd and driving. I didn't know that at the time either. Man, you would think they'd tell you these things.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2014, 06:05:25 PM »
Turning into the wrong lane is a great way to get stopped at 2:30 am
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2014, 06:06:42 PM »
I got out of a similar ticket in Manhattan. I went and talked to the prosecuter, told him some fabricated, detailed story about how the street signs are confusing, and he threw the case out.

All of those reasons you gave for the ticket being bullshit won't get you off. You have to make a case that you were somehow acting lawfully.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2014, 06:07:45 PM »
My dad was driving one time back in the 70's and this motorcycle gang drove up next to him trying to play games and rough ridin' with him. I guess he opened his door and knocked one of the bikers off into the other. He didn't know until a couple years after that he could have got in trouble for that. He thinks he killed a guy. Who knew?! :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »
My dad was driving one time back in the 70's and this motorcycle gane drove up next to him trying to play games and rough ridin' with him. I guess he opened his door and knocked one of the bikers off into the other. He didn't know until a couple years after that he could have got in trouble for that. He thinks he killed a guy. Who knew?! :dunno:

That didn't happen.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »
My dad was driving one time back in the 70's and this motorcycle gane drove up next to him trying to play games and rough ridin' with him. I guess he opened his door and knocked one of the bikers off into the other. He didn't know until a couple years after that he could have got in trouble for that. He thinks he killed a guy. Who knew?! :dunno:

That didn't happen.
You calling Papa Fanning a liar?!  :curse:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »

That didn't happen.
You calling Papa Fanning a liar?!  :curse:

#RoadHouse

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »
One time I was HAF and I tried to drive like 5 blocks to my house. There was a cop behind me the whole time. I was like freaking out and I could barely feel the wheel. I made it home tho.  :D

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »
Wacky, that would be bad if your dad did that. http://www.chapelhillnews.com/2014/07/18/4014204/friction-between-bicyclists-and.html

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »

I got out of a similar ticket in Manhattan. I went and talked to the prosecuter, told him some fabricated, detailed story about how the street signs are confusing, and he threw the case out.

All of those reasons you gave for the ticket being bullshit won't get you off. You have to make a case that you were somehow acting lawfully.
confusing signs = cannot break law.  got it, lawdog1

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »
Maybe the broken white line is all faded and it's not clear that there are two lanes?  :dunno:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
Has anyone ever attempted this or more importantly been successful at it?  I was stopped last week a couple of blocks from work for an "improper left turn", or in other words not turning into the lane closest to the center of the street.  This was in Topeka going from the I470 off ramp East onto Huntoon.  The cop asked if there was a reason why I had "swung out so wide" to make the turn and I was like Umm, what?  Where?  So I explained to him I got in the right lane because that's the lane I needed to be in order to get to my office.  This is an absolutely pud and meaningless thing to be given a ticket for.  Maybe he was mad at the world for having to ride a motorcycle on a freezing cold morning or something.

Furthermore this is simply a cash grab.  The very next day I was sitting at the same light and I looked over and saw the same motorcycle cop had pulled a car over in the same spot, presumably for the same reason.  Also during the course of my recent bitching about this a coworker said his neighbor got a ticket for the same thing.  Hey motorcycle cop guy instead of generating revenue how about if you try and be on the lookout for some actual crime, or better yet try and get some leads on that quadruple murder from last year.

The only logical thing to do is burn Topeka to the ground.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
I do this all the time and never signal, but I'm above the law.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »
Has anyone ever attempted this or more importantly been successful at it?  I was stopped last week a couple of blocks from work for an "improper left turn", or in other words not turning into the lane closest to the center of the street.  This was in Topeka going from the I470 off ramp East onto Huntoon.  The cop asked if there was a reason why I had "swung out so wide" to make the turn and I was like Umm, what?  Where?  So I explained to him I got in the right lane because that's the lane I needed to be in order to get to my office.  This is an absolutely pud and meaningless thing to be given a ticket for.  Maybe he was mad at the world for having to ride a motorcycle on a freezing cold morning or something.

Furthermore this is simply a cash grab.  The very next day I was sitting at the same light and I looked over and saw the same motorcycle cop had pulled a car over in the same spot, presumably for the same reason.  Also during the course of my recent bitching about this a coworker said his neighbor got a ticket for the same thing.  Hey motorcycle cop guy instead of generating revenue how about if you try and be on the lookout for some actual crime, or better yet try and get some leads on that quadruple murder from last year.

The only logical thing to do is burn Topeka to the ground.

This might be the first one of your posts that I find myself in agreement with.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 10:12:17 PM »

Actually, if he gets himself an AASHTO green book and finds something wrong with that intersection, he can probably get out of the ticket.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2014, 10:22:57 PM »
that sounds like a made up book.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2014, 11:02:55 PM »
You're not "on the hook for the $72 no matter what."

Post the ticket and a map or something showing how far after your alleged illegal turn it was that you had to be in the other lane to turn to your office.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2014, 11:18:04 PM »
To OP: yes, it's a money grab.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2014, 11:33:38 PM »
The neocons in this thread are laughable. Love the police when they are shooting unarmed civilians, hate the police when they enforce minor traffic laws  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2014, 06:51:16 AM »
My mom did but I thought it seemed like a pain in the ass.  Lots of time spent

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2014, 08:43:16 AM »

Actually, if he gets himself an AASHTO green book and finds something wrong with that intersection, he can probably get out of the ticket.

find something wrong with intersection making law unenforceable = acting lawfully.  got it, lawdog2 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2014, 08:45:16 AM »
The neocons in this thread are laughable. Love the police when they are shooting unarmed civilians, hate the police when they enforce minor traffic laws  :lol:

yes it's very funny. shoot an unarmed black guy in st louis? ok, no problem. give me a traffic ticket for breaking the law? I'M ANGRY THIS IS WRONG!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2014, 09:09:01 AM »

yes it's very funny. shoot an unarmed black guy in st louis? ok, no problem. give me a traffic ticket for breaking the law? I'M ANGRY THIS IS WRONG!

Don't Pit this thread. If you want Pit, go to the Pit.

(And in the Pit, you'll find that I've repeated about a bazillion times that I'm not at all sure that Wilson acted reasonably in killing Brown - we'll never know that for sure - but it's undeniable that Brown put himself in a bad position by behaving like a complete thug. Both are fair statements. You'll also find that I detest the militarization of police and police excess in general.)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2014, 09:45:26 AM »

Don't Pit this thread up. you wouldn't like me when you pit this thread up

:rolleyes:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »
Yeah, I hear libtards love getting traffic tickets. :Ugh: