Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110950 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #625 on: September 11, 2015, 09:45:18 AM »

It's his job to make sure his band CAN'T be interpreted to be inserting penises into rivals' (or anyone else's) mouths. Leaving that room for interpretation is absolutely the band director's fault.

I don't think this is part of his job. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 11, 2015, 09:50:57 AM »
People who think tracz should be suspended and/or did anything wrong are a strange mixture of huge dork tendencies and closet perversion.

It don't get it.

it makes for edgy message boarding to say tracz should be fired, thats all.

He should be fired or banned from speaking as punishment for his media tour performance this week.  He won't be, because he couldn't have conducted himself in a more Schulz/Currie-y way. 

They should be fired too.

I actually lean slightly towards more accidental on-field blow jobs, fwiw.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 11, 2015, 09:51:20 AM »

It's his job to make sure his band CAN'T be interpreted to be inserting penises into rivals' (or anyone else's) mouths. Leaving that room for interpretation is absolutely the band director's fault.

Are you serious? It is absolutely part of his job.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 11, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »
but yeah, it seems very possible that Currie/Shulz sided with Tracz, but just figured that a publicly apology and slap on the wrist was the path of least resistance.  Placate the PC police, defuse the situation, move on. 

There is no placating of the PC police. They need to be ridiculed. Apologizing only makes them more obnoxious and makes it look like we actually did something wrong, which we didn't. As Rusty says, "it's clear."

Ugh, there is nothing more annoying than the misapplication than the term political correctness or PC. Anytime someone, but if we're being real were really talking conservative minded people, faces disagreement  they chalk it up to PC. This isn't about political correctness, it's about a dillusional, thin-skinned fan base getting faux outraged. STOP SAYING PC :curse:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 11, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
seriously, not one lol about my pecker to the pecker comment on the last page?  trim?  someone?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 11, 2015, 09:56:41 AM »
but yeah, it seems very possible that Currie/Shulz sided with Tracz, but just figured that a publicly apology and slap on the wrist was the path of least resistance.  Placate the PC police, defuse the situation, move on. 

There is no placating of the PC police. They need to be ridiculed. Apologizing only makes them more obnoxious and makes it look like we actually did something wrong, which we didn't. As Rusty says, "it's clear."

Ugh, there is nothing more annoying than the misapplication than the term political correctness or PC. Anytime someone, but if we're being real were really talking conservative minded people, faces disagreement  they chalk it up to PC. This isn't about political correctness, it's about a dillusional, thin-skinned fan base getting faux outraged. STOP SAYING PC :curse:

I chalk up EMAW to EPAW as PC

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 11, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
seriously, not one lol about my pecker to the pecker comment on the last page?  trim?  someone?
I found it 'smile out loud' funny

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 11, 2015, 10:06:40 AM »
I don't know why you're getting so worked up over this.  If people thought it looked like a dick, then so be it.  nothing to apologize about IMO.  reminds me of this Chris Pratt bit from twitter awhile back.

"I want to make a heartfelt apology for whatever it is I end up accidentally saying during the forthcoming ?#?JurassicWorld? press tour. I hope you understand it was never my intention to offend anyone and I am truly sorry. I swear. I'm the nicest guy in the world. And I fully regret what I (accidentally will have) said in (the upcoming foreign and domestic) interview(s).  I am not in the business of making excuses. I am just dumb. Plain and simple. I try. I REALLY try! When I do (potentially) commit the offensive act for which I am now (pre) apologizing you must understand I (will likely have been) tired and exhausted when I (potentially) said that thing I (will have had) said that (will have had) crossed the line. Those rooms can get stuffy and the hardworking crews putting these junkets together need some entertainment! (Likely) that is who I was trying to crack up when I (will have had) made that tasteless and unprofessional comment. Trust me. I know you can't say that anymore. In fact in my opinion it was never right to say the thing I definitely don't want to but probably will have said. To those I (will have) offended please understand how truly sorry I already am. I am fully aware that the subject matter of my imminent forthcoming mistake, a blunder (possibly to be) dubbed "JurassicGate" is (most likely) in no way a laughing matter. To those I (will likely have had) offended rest assured I will do everything in my power to make sure this doesn't happen (again)."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »

I chalk up EMAW to EPAW as PC

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 11, 2015, 10:11:57 AM »

People who think tracz should be suspended and/or did anything wrong are a strange mixture of huge dork tendencies and closet perversion.

It don't get it.

I thought it was a hilarious accident but also recognize it would likely piss people off and warrant a suspension. It isn't a strange position if you aren't a huge homer.

Not really. Barbradying the situation would have been a fitting response, imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 11, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »

"Political correctness" - defined as (adjectivally, politically correct, commonly abbreviated to PC) is an ordinarily pejorative term used to criticize language, actions, or policies seen as being excessively calculated not to offend or disadvantage any particular group of people in society." 

This is the essence of what Currie/Schulz did by pre-emptively apologizing for Tracz.  policy excessively calculated not to offend the particular group of twitter users who felt the Pride sodomized a JHawk.       

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 11, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »
it looked pretty consensual, so lets not go throwing around sodomy willy nilly here

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 11, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »

Are you serious? It is absolutely part of his job.

He probably just missed the part in his job description where it talked about "must carefully review every frame of every formation to make sure it could not possibly be construed as a giant male genitals and balls by any dumbass - NOTE: narrating what the formation actually is during the half-time show will NOT be sufficient. Because Twitter and stuff." It was probably in pretty small font.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 11, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »

it just depends.  the person that is doesn't like it because now little johnny knows what a dot diagram of an erect penis looks like isn't being pc.  but the person that thinks it's not funny because the jayhawk was being mouth raped is.

they share the common trait of being dumbasses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 11, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »
What we forget is that the jayhawk is also a symbol of Kansas (the state). Perhaps the barb wasn't at KU, but at the Brownback led state goverment, and his attitude of educational spending.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 11, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
What we forget is that the jayhawk is also a symbol of Kansas (the state). Perhaps the barb wasn't at KU, but at the Brownback led state goverment, and his attitude of educational spending.

Brownback would have handled the PR better...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 11, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
Seriously, the Kansas University campus mocks us with this permanent innuendo and they get upset about a one-time marching band.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 11, 2015, 07:46:58 PM »
I...still don't know why we punished ourselves.  Do people honestly think tracz meant to do a blowjob thing?  If it was unintentional, then what the hell did we do wrong? 

If we're doing all of this solely because we ribbed KU by depicting them as a space monster and blew them up, that's equally absurd.  He could have more effectively moved on by keeping his damn mouth shut.

One of the silliest parts of all of this are the people commending UPKS on his policy of candor and being so accessible via social media, when he hasn't actually explained his reasoning or why he decided to self impose a penalty.  He's been a broken record saying "it's time to move on" when he's the one who restarted this dumbass news cycle on Tuesday.  A proper time to say "let's move on" would have been BEFORE he very publicly chastised the band director.

The Animal is a complete dipshit and I hate him.  I've hated him since he killed EMAW.

https://twitter.com/kstate_pres/status/642142430435786752

Its really beyond inappropriate for our president to feel the need to publicize his twitter blocks. Grow up
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 11, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »
also if the shoe was on the other foot vis a vis rusty/tracz and  michigancat was the guy who had spent twenty years at an institution perfecting his craft and working his ass off and had just won a national award and then had something minor blow up like this he would have a much, much different opinion on what went down. so that is where his logic his faulty.

Of course I would, we're all affected by our environment. I get why folks who had Tracz in band or recognize him and his family as valuable members of the Manhattan community would be more sympathetic. But seriously when this got sent to me and I watched the video my first reaction was "someone has to be suspended for this, right?" I did not take into consideration how hard the person who let this happen had worked.

Someone being suspended was my first thought as well. It is clearly a dick, the public has spoken. You can't be the guy in charge of the band that put the dick in the mouth of your rival and then expect no punishment. His mutiple interviews since the incident blaming everyone but himself hasn't done him any favors.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 11, 2015, 07:53:26 PM »

It was absolutely great. You were right to seek validation.

The Big Train

« Reply #645 on: September 21, 2015, 08:54:35 PM »

oh man now you have to watch the season premiere of south park MIR

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2015, 10:56:57 PM »

oh man now you have to watch the season premiere of south park MIR
pretty good episode but I'm worried Trey and Matt might be losing their edge, hopefully they are building to a full PC takedown in a couple episodes.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 11, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
According to Waters, the band increasingly had to compete with other elements of the Fan Experience, the blaring pop music and sponsor interests he believes are submerging modern college football. "The band is just used as a marketing tool, now, for the university," he says. "They treat it like a mechanical thing where you push 'play,' and out marches the band, it does Script Ohio, and it goes away." At the groups Skull Sessions, massively popular public performances held two hours before home kickoffs, front-row seats formerly held for parents were turned into reserved seating for the guests of IMG, Ohio State's marketing contractor. During timeouts at the actual games, an athletics department representative with a radio connection to the AV booth would cut off the band so songs like Pitbull's "Timber" could play over the loudspeakers. "I felt there is an identity crisis at Ohio State as well as at other universities," Waters says. "The crisis is this: are we going to have a collegiate sports atmosphere or are we a pro sports atmosphere?"

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news/sex-scandal-and-the-marching-band-inside-the-new-rules-at-ohio-state-20160107#ixzz3wxWZh5be

I like that paragraph a lot. One of the cultural things that I can not stand is the jock jams stadium music, that makes every stadium atmosphere the same. College sports should be about regionality and the uniqueness of a school and alumni base. The pumping of crappy stadium music takes that away. Turn off the loud speakers and let the band and the fans control the atmosphere in the stadium

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 11, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
Michigan fans were essentially saying the same thing about the atmosphere in the Big House . . . Then Jimmy H. arrived.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 11, 2016, 12:01:32 PM »
its dumb. I went to a Chiefs game last week and its basically 3 hours of who let the dogs out. I don't get why people want everything to be culturally the same everywhere you go