Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110869 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #600 on: September 10, 2015, 11:40:14 PM »
The guy def won't take a picture with you, based on the small sample size I've seen.
if he doesn't, insist that he watch as you pull it up on your phone. 

I kept it moving, just caught the glimpse of him trying to grasp that such a thing had really been said to him thousands of miles from home.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 11, 2015, 12:02:33 AM »
also if the shoe was on the other foot vis a vis rusty/tracz and  michigancat was the guy who had spent twenty years at an institution perfecting his craft and working his ass off and had just won a national award and then had something minor blow up like this he would have a much, much different opinion on what went down. so that is where his logic his faulty.

Of course I would, we're all affected by our environment. I get why folks who had Tracz in band or recognize him and his family as valuable members of the Manhattan community would be more sympathetic. But seriously when this got sent to me and I watched the video my first reaction was "someone has to be suspended for this, right?" I did not take into consideration how hard the person who let this happen had worked.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 11, 2015, 12:26:11 AM »
The league did do something, the fine and suspension came with the Big 12 reprimand. It looks like Schulz and Currie either had to do this or had to tell the conference to GFY. I don't think the university wanted to turn this band thing into college footballs version of NFL vs. Brady, maybe Wefald and Krause would have, maybe Bosco would have who knows but these guys aren't going to rock the boat.
We didn't have to make it NFL v. Brady. 

We could have accepted any punishment by the league and maintained that there was no obscene intent and emphasized that any phallic depiction was purely coincidental, which anyone with a modicum of common sense would agree.  The narrative would've been "ha ha ha, it looks like a dick, but good grief, Big 12, give the guy a break, he obviously wouldn't have meant to do that." 

Instead, K-State threw Tracz under the bus and insulted the man who has worked for the university for two decades by making him run halftime shows by some dumbass SGA committee.  And this is all especially rich coming from Schulz, who takes every opportunity to poke fun at KU on his very own twitter account.

Not to mention, all Schulz and Currie do is rock the boat.  They did it with EMAW, they did it with Jamar, they did it with Leti.  If they weren't so concerned with doing everything they could to ensure that K-State took the high road at every juncture, K-State wouldn't look like dumbasses as often as we do.

I haven't read all of the posts after this one so it may have been addressed by now but your indignation seems to be misplaced. The conference did not slap K-State, and have no doubts it was K-State as a whole not just the band, because of any perceived phallic symbol, they made that clear in their release that has been posted more than once. They got in trouble for having the kayhawk on the field and KU's flag and blowing them up. Why in the world would Schulz and Currie even mention the issue of defending the band against something that the conference didn't mention. Why would they acknowledge the crybaby ass victimized KU fans?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 11, 2015, 12:28:49 AM »
The Animal is a complete dipshit and I hate him.

you are right.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 11, 2015, 12:36:13 AM »
also if the shoe was on the other foot vis a vis rusty/tracz and  michigancat was the guy who had spent twenty years at an institution perfecting his craft and working his ass off and had just won a national award and then had something minor blow up like this he would have a much, much different opinion on what went down. so that is where his logic his faulty.

Of course I would, we're all affected by our environment. I get why folks who had Tracz in band or recognize him and his family as valuable members of the Manhattan community would be more sympathetic. But seriously when this got sent to me and I watched the video my first reaction was "someone has to be suspended for this, right?" I did not take into consideration how hard the person who let this happen had worked.

Didn't someone itt say that Tracz was good with Currie and Schulz and that he thinks they are treating him fine? I know that it doesn't make for good message boarding but it seems like the real "bad guy" in this case is Bob Bowlsby. I also wonder what his role in having to deal with the Stanford band for all of those years plays in this chance to stick it to a band dork.

The Animal is a complete dipshit and I hate him.

you are right.

This is also true, these things are not mutually exclusive

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 11, 2015, 08:43:20 AM »

Again (and again, and again...) you formed an opinion based on watching a video clip out of context, so the marching band is in the wrong?! Ok bub. You're entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be. Fortunately, it appears that the vast majority of people (aside from butthurt KU fans and professional victim twitter trolls) disagree with you. You're not in good company.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:28 AM »

Again (and again, and again...) you formed an opinion based on watching a video clip out of context, so the marching band is in the wrong?! Ok bub. You're entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be. Fortunately, it appears that the vast majority of people (aside from butthurt KU fans and professional victim twitter trolls) disagree with you. You're not in good company.
I know they were trying to do the enterprise. It's clear (from the audio) that it's what they were trying to do. The fact that it was misinterpreted in the way it was is absolutely the fault of the band director, whether or not it was intentional (which I don't believe it was).

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 11, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
Dr. Tracz got over 11k for his band over this and he doesn't have to go to Lawrence, i'd say he's the real winner here

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2015, 08:49:59 AM »
Dr. Tracz got over 11k for his band over this and he doesn't have to go to Lawrence, i'd say he's the real winner here
Yup, that's the quickest and most successful scholarship fundraiser they've ever had and he gets to enjoy Thanksgiving break at home. He's definitely not the victim some make him out to be.

Offline mods?

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 11, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »
Here's something fun to do that I just stumbled upon.  If you're walking around a far-from-kansas city and see a tourist wearing a ku hat w/the jayhawk on it, pretend to be oblivious to KSU/sports entirely and point at the jayhawk and say to them "hey, the blowjob bird from that football game!" 

Hello Friend!  I will perform this trick! 
Got a question?  Ask mods? because he'll always have the answer.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 11, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »

I know they were trying to do the enterprise. It's clear (from the audio) that it's what they were trying to do. The fact that it was misinterpreted in the way it was is absolutely the fault of the band director, whether or not it was intentional (which I don't believe it was).

And Tracz' attitude is that he shouldn't have to apologize for something that he didn't do/intend to do.  If one misinterpreted it, than that's their problem, not his. 

I'm fine with this. 

but yeah, it seems very possible that Currie/Shulz sided with Tracz, but just figured that a publicly apology and slap on the wrist was the path of least resistance.  Placate the PC police, defuse the situation, move on. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 11, 2015, 09:05:08 AM »

And Tracz' attitude is that he shouldn't have to apologize for something that he didn't do/intend to do.  If one misinterpreted it, than that's their problem, not his. 

I get that to an extent. But he is now best known for accidentally having his band form a blow job formation and being laughed at on a national scale. At that point, it's unfortunately his problem, not the millions of people who immaturely giggled and shared it on facebook.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 11, 2015, 09:06:18 AM »
Placate the PC police, defuse the situation, move on by releasing BSFS renderings way earlier than they were otherwise going to.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2015, 09:07:31 AM »

I get that to an extent. But he is now best known for accidentally having his band form a blow job formation and being laughed at on a national scale. At that point, it's unfortunately his problem, not the millions of people who immaturely giggled and shared it on facebook.

i don't think the nation is laughing at tracz.  if anything, they're laughing at a jayhawk sucking an enterprise. other than that, no one cares.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 11, 2015, 09:15:04 AM »

i don't think the nation is laughing at tracz.  if anything, they're laughing at a jayhawk sucking an enterprise. other than that, no one cares.
You're correct.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 11, 2015, 09:15:41 AM »

So it's (a) clear from the video that they were trying to do the Enterprise, but (b) it's the fault of the band director that it was misinterpreted anyway? You're still not making any sense.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 11, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »
this pecker to the pecker is really tearing this board apart  :frown:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 11, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »
People who think tracz should be suspended and/or did anything wrong are a strange mixture of huge dork tendencies and closet perversion.

It don't get it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 11, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
but yeah, it seems very possible that Currie/Shulz sided with Tracz, but just figured that a publicly apology and slap on the wrist was the path of least resistance.  Placate the PC police, defuse the situation, move on. 

There is no placating of the PC police. They need to be ridiculed. Apologizing only makes them more obnoxious and makes it look like we actually did something wrong, which we didn't. As Rusty says, "it's clear."

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 11, 2015, 09:30:30 AM »

There is no placating of the PC police. They need to be ridiculed. Apologizing only makes them more obnoxious and makes it look like we actually did something wrong, which we didn't. As Rusty says, "it's clear."
Agreed, my only apology to someone offended by this is "I'm sorry you live such an empty, unfulfilled life that you went out of your way to be offended by this."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 11, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »
The only people still talking about this are ITT. Social media has really quieted down the past couple of days. Everyone else seems to have moved on. :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 11, 2015, 09:40:02 AM »

So it's (a) clear from the video that they were trying to do the Enterprise, but (b) it's the fault of the band director that it was misinterpreted anyway? You're still not making any sense.

It's his job to make sure his band CAN'T be interpreted to be inserting penises into rivals' (or anyone else's) mouths. Leaving that room for interpretation is absolutely the band director's fault.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 11, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »
People who think tracz should be suspended and/or did anything wrong are a strange mixture of huge dork tendencies and closet perversion.

It don't get it.

it makes for edgy message boarding to say tracz should be fired, thats all.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 11, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »

It don't get it.

I thought it was a hilarious accident but also recognize it would likely piss people off and warrant a suspension. It isn't a strange position if you aren't a huge homer.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 11, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
I hope the halftime show for LA Tech is an enterprise to Rusty's mouth  :pray: