Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 113191 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #550 on: September 10, 2015, 05:16:11 PM »
Everyone in the stadium liked it and thought it was good

He's just delusional through and through.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 10, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13625115/kansas-state-wildcats-band-director-frank-tracz-speaks-half-show-controversy

"I was in front of the band on a podium and with six minutes left in the game one of the athletic assistants came down and said, 'The president and the athletic director want to see you up in the sixth floor of the press box.'"

The animal probably hit him with the brain the second he opened the door. Or maybe the goat.
Nope batwing

no, he was showing off his new wrist watch.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 10, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »
For what it is worth, the "rules" mention sodomy. . .which is definitely not what was depicted.
Ok Kim Davis

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 10, 2015, 05:35:12 PM »

what's he supposed to say? "yeah the crowd hated it. we tried, but we weren't cool enough for school. BRING ON THE JOCK JAMS"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 10, 2015, 05:37:04 PM »
I hope there's a catlab video about all this.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 10, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »

what's he supposed to say? "yeah the crowd hated it. we tried, but we weren't cool enough for school. BRING ON THE JOCK JAMS"

more vaguely phallic references would be welcomed

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 10, 2015, 06:12:16 PM »

male genitals Jams

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 10, 2015, 06:18:33 PM »
Do you guys think he sees how the starship enterprise could have been interpreted as a penis?

yes. i guarantee he does. and he'll never admit it.

I guarantee he does too - but unlike complete dumbasses he views it in its proper context.  Like, if I saw a fan eating a delicious, fleshy turkey leg during a game, I could certainly interpret it as a penis going into the guy's mouth.  but then, I'd be a complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for thinking this.  after all, it's a turkey leg, not a penis.   

he seems to be blaming "PC Culture" for the reason it exploded, which I'm not sure is the proper context

"The proper context" was the announcer clearly stating it was the Enterprise. You can't get more proper context than that. You keep ignoring this. I'm not sure why.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 10, 2015, 06:25:18 PM »

"Yea, maybe it could have looked a little more like the Enterprise, but you have to realize that formations like this are hard, very hard. We spent long hard hours working on it, but I guess in the end we just couldn't get it to come together."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 10, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »

"Yea, maybe it could have looked a little more like the Enterprise, but you have to realize that formations like this are hard, very hard. We spent long hard hours working on it, but I guess in the end we just couldn't get it to come together."

:love:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 10, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
Here's something fun to do that I just stumbled upon.  If you're walking around a far-from-kansas city and see a tourist wearing a ku hat w/the jayhawk on it, pretend to be oblivious to KSU/sports entirely and point at the jayhawk and say to them "hey, the blowjob bird from that football game!" 

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 10, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »
  :party:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 10, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »
#TeamTracz

i never thought i'd see a game where frank tracz and i were lined up on the same side.  but then, i never thought i'd see the kstate band draw out a jayhawk blowjob either.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 10, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »
I mean, he's certainly not saying it was a male genitals and that everybody's just too PC about.  He's saying it wasn't a male genitals.  that if you watched the show and heard the announcers and the space ship blowing up the space invader (CONTEXT) you wouldn't have had allusions of sodomy in mind.

except people did have that in mind, including super big KSU homer Real Mike T (who also probably loves to hate on people for being too PC).

https://twitter.com/RealMikeT/status/640327493560332288

I was starting to doubt that I was on the right side of this, now I'm sure I am good. Thanks MiCat

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 10, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »
I'm sure Mike's moved over to your side by now

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 10, 2015, 08:21:58 PM »
Here's something fun to do that I just stumbled upon.  If you're walking around a far-from-kansas city and see a tourist wearing a ku hat w/the jayhawk on it, pretend to be oblivious to KSU/sports entirely and point at the jayhawk and say to them "hey, the blowjob bird from that football game!"
Something I'd never do, but would love to witness.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:33:17 PM by Canary »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 10, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »
This would be great if that comment stuck.  Also, would be tuff for KU fans to live down.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 10, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »
I...still don't know why we punished ourselves.  Do people honestly think tracz meant to do a blowjob thing?  If it was unintentional, then what the hell did we do wrong? 

If we're doing all of this solely because we ribbed KU by depicting them as a space monster and blew them up, that's equally absurd.  He could have more effectively moved on by keeping his damn mouth shut.

One of the silliest parts of all of this are the people commending UPKS on his policy of candor and being so accessible via social media, when he hasn't actually explained his reasoning or why he decided to self impose a penalty.  He's been a broken record saying "it's time to move on" when he's the one who restarted this dumbass news cycle on Tuesday.  A proper time to say "let's move on" would have been BEFORE he very publicly chastised the band director.

The Animal is a complete dipshit and I hate him.  I've hated him since he killed EMAW.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 10, 2015, 08:57:45 PM »
I...still don't know why we punished ourselves.  Do people honestly think tracz meant to do a blowjob thing?  If it was unintentional, then what the hell did we do wrong? 

If we're doing all of this solely because we ribbed KU by depicting them as a space monster and blew them up, that's equally absurd.  He could have more effectively moved on by keeping his damn mouth shut.

One of the silliest parts of all of this are the people commending UPKS on his policy of candor and being so accessible via social media, when he hasn't actually explained his reasoning or why he decided to self impose a penalty.  He's been a broken record saying "it's time to move on" when he's the one who restarted this dumbass news cycle on Tuesday.  A proper time to say "let's move on" would have been BEFORE he very publicly chastised the band director.

The Animal is a complete dipshit and I hate him.  I've hated him since he killed EMAW.

https://twitter.com/kstate_pres/status/642142430435786752

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 10, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »
Quote from: President Candor
I know you're all mad at me for a decision I made, but let's all just stop talking about it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 10, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »

Lack of oversight. It's his responsibility to make sure his award-winning marching band doesn't employ sexually ambiguous formations, and he failed.

I don't believe it was intentional, but he and/or the band definitely deserved to be punished in some way. Schulz "keeping his mouth shut" (ha!) would have made this blown away at all. Someone from either the University or the league was going to have to do something.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 10, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
What would Wefald and Krause do?  Probably something hilarious and maybe kind of embarrassing but in a more lol way.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 10, 2015, 09:11:35 PM »

Lack of oversight. It's his responsibility to make sure his award-winning marching band doesn't employ sexually ambiguous formations, and he failed.

I don't believe it was intentional, but he and/or the band definitely deserved to be punished in some way. Schulz "keeping his mouth shut" (ha!) would have made this blown away at all. Someone from either the University or the league was going to have to do something.
I honestly would've preferred the league do something rather than K-State.  The handful of posters here are the only ones I've seen that thought Tracz did something wrong.  And when we issued the punishment on ourselves, the decision was virtually universally criticized as absolute nonsense.  I'd much rather have that public scorn and my own anger be directed at the league stepping in and issuing this absurd punishment than our own university.

What would Wefald and Krause do?  Probably something hilarious and maybe kind of embarrassing but in a more lol way.
Wefald wouldn't have done crap besides say "listen, there was absolutely no perverse intent by our band director, and to think there was is ludicrous."  I hate being on the side of "well that's just the pussification of america," but honestly, we had no reason to imply that Tracz meant for it to look like anymore than a cheesy sci-fi battle. 

Don't forget, and this cannot be emphasized enough, this is the guy that thought EPAW was something that people would get behind.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:15:12 PM by Dlew12 »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 10, 2015, 09:38:31 PM »
I had just forgot about EPAW!!!  :shakesfist: