Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110798 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
OMG, ww...

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 10, 2015, 04:07:20 PM »
I legitimately never knew that sodomy referred to more than just backdoor sex. My apologies to everyone.

Abstinence only KS.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 10, 2015, 04:16:27 PM »
"The Sudler Trophy is the Heisman Trophy of the band world," Tracz said. "This is a band program that's in the middle of the country and in the middle of nowhere. We have more cattle in this state than people. ... This university is a great university, but a couple decades ago when I got here, there were 100 kids in the band and it wasn't very good. I'm not taking the credit for this because there have been a lot of people involved in this, but it's come an awfully long way. This school and this band program have been through hell to get to this point and it's a really fine band. My colleagues say so. There's a panel of esteemed band directors that voted for this and Kansas State was awarded the Sudler Trophy. It's a huge deal. In my career, it's the pinnacle of my career. I thought it was all downhill from here and I thought after this weekend it would be downhill faster. It's pretty cool, and that's being overshadowed."

Is Frank Tracz responsible for The Greatest Turnaround in College Marching Band History? I did not realize Manhattan was such a tough place to recruit elite 5* band nerds. But I guess they're just like other young men and women, always wanting the beaches, the glamour, the training facilities (and dare I say it - the money?).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 10, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »
"The Sudler Trophy is the Heisman Trophy of the band world," Tracz said. "This is a band program that's in the middle of the country and in the middle of nowhere. We have more cattle in this state than people. ... This university is a great university, but a couple decades ago when I got here, there were 100 kids in the band and it wasn't very good. I'm not taking the credit for this because there have been a lot of people involved in this, but it's come an awfully long way. This school and this band program have been through hell to get to this point and it's a really fine band. My colleagues say so. There's a panel of esteemed band directors that voted for this and Kansas State was awarded the Sudler Trophy. It's a huge deal. In my career, it's the pinnacle of my career. I thought it was all downhill from here and I thought after this weekend it would be downhill faster. It's pretty cool, and that's being overshadowed."

Is Frank Tracz responsible for The Greatest Turnaround in College Marching Band History? I did not realize Manhattan was such a tough place to recruit elite 5* band nerds. But I guess they're just like other young men and women, always wanting the beaches, the glamour, the training facilities (and dare I say it - the money?).

I think it just might be. Frank is wrong about it all being downhill from here, though. This is just the tip of the enterprise.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 10, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »
I also enjoyed this one.

"The whole band community has rallied behind them and supported them," said Michael Barasch, the co-founder of CollegeMarching.com and former vice president of the Penn State Blue Band. "This is not something that a band like theirs would do and the band world knows that."

I had no idea it was such a tight-knit community, but I'm glad it's got our back (as opposed to say, our own backstabbing admins). There's just one question: What does the KU marching band have to say about this?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 10, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »
I also enjoyed this one.

"The whole band community has rallied behind them and supported them," said Michael Barasch, the co-founder of CollegeMarching.com and former vice president of the Penn State Blue Band. "This is not something that a band like theirs would do and the band world knows that."

I had no idea it was such a tight-knit community, but I'm glad it's got our back (as opposed to say, our own backstabbing admins). There's just one question: What does the KU marching band have to say about this?

Penn State

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 10, 2015, 04:28:42 PM »
I also enjoyed this one.

Their band only has about 100 kids and they aren't very good.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 10, 2015, 04:33:36 PM »

I also enjoyed this one.

Their band only has about 100 kids and they aren't very good.
They are more of a large pep band than a marching band.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 10, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »

the biggest factor was the football team got good, so they had more kids who wanted to be in the stadium on saturday afternoon than they did in 1991, so they have a talent pool probably 5 or 10 times bigger than it was 25 years ago

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 10, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »
Do you guys think he sees how the starship enterprise could have been interpreted as a penis?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 10, 2015, 04:41:21 PM »
Thanks Penn State!  If anybody knows sodomy, it's those guys. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 10, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
Do you guys think he sees how the starship enterprise could have been interpreted as a penis?

yes. i guarantee he does. and he'll never admit it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 10, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 10, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »

I guarantee he does too - but unlike complete dumbasses he views it in its proper context.  Like, if I saw a fan eating a delicious, fleshy turkey leg during a game, I could certainly interpret it as a penis going into the guy's mouth.  but then, I'd be a complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for thinking this.  after all, it's a turkey leg, not a penis.   

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 10, 2015, 04:55:28 PM »

I guarantee he does too - but unlike complete dumbasses he views it in its proper context.  Like, if I saw a fan eating a delicious, fleshy turkey leg during a game, I could certainly interpret it as a penis going into the guy's mouth.  but then, I'd be a complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for thinking this.  after all, it's a turkey leg, not a penis.   

he seems to be blaming "PC Culture" for the reason it exploded, which I'm not sure is the proper context

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 10, 2015, 04:58:31 PM »

he seems to be blaming "PC Culture" for the reason it exploded, which I'm not sure is the proper context

context

"This was just misinterpreted and it was opportunistic because they didn't see the whole show and they didn't hear the announcements talking about the alien space invader and the Enterprise. It all made sense. Everyone in the stadium liked it and thought it was good. ... There were some crooked lines, but it's the first game and these are 18-year-old kids, for God's sake, playing tubas and drums, so give us a break. It's just disturbing."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 10, 2015, 05:00:33 PM »
If you watched the whole show from beginning to end it's a space show and it's a space shuttle and we're disintegrating a rival from down the road, which a lot of college bands do, and it was all in good fun and that's all it was meant to be. Unfortunately in this [politically correct] world we live in right now you can't do that."

:dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 10, 2015, 05:01:06 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 10, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »
#TeamTracz

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 10, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »
in this case, i actually did fall on to my back when i  :lol:'d, @sys

it's pretty much the only logical way to rofl, despite what some people will have you to believe.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 10, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »
If you watched the whole show from beginning to end it's a space show and it's a space shuttle and we're disintegrating a rival from down the road, which a lot of college bands do, and it was all in good fun and that's all it was meant to be. Unfortunately in this [politically correct] world we live in right now you can't do that."

he's saying people are too easily offended, which is true

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 10, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »

not really sure what point you're trying to make.  you saying Tracz does not believe his enterprise routine was taken out of context? 

I mean, he's certainly not saying it was a male genitals and that everybody's just too PC about.  He's saying it wasn't a male genitals.  that if you watched the show and heard the announcers and the space ship blowing up the space invader (CONTEXT) you wouldn't have had allusions of sodomy in mind.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 10, 2015, 05:11:13 PM »
He's going to milk this for all it's worth. He's loving it so hard.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 10, 2015, 05:11:47 PM »
I mean, he's certainly not saying it was a male genitals and that everybody's just too PC about.  He's saying it wasn't a male genitals.  that if you watched the show and heard the announcers and the space ship blowing up the space invader (CONTEXT) you wouldn't have had allusions of sodomy in mind.

except people did have that in mind, including super big KSU homer Real Mike T (who also probably loves to hate on people for being too PC).

https://twitter.com/RealMikeT/status/640327493560332288

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 10, 2015, 05:13:36 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13625115/kansas-state-wildcats-band-director-frank-tracz-speaks-half-show-controversy

"I was in front of the band on a podium and with six minutes left in the game one of the athletic assistants came down and said, 'The president and the athletic director want to see you up in the sixth floor of the press box.'"

The animal probably hit him with the brain the second he opened the door. Or maybe the goat.
Nope batwing