Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110786 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #326 on: September 08, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 08, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »
cRusty just trying so very hard to be edgey.

Sad.

saying the band deserved a suspension is "edgey"? I mean, you saw the video, right?

I didn't see a video but I was there and my wife said "look it's the spaceship from Star Trek" I said "huh looks a bit phallic to me" and looked back down at my phone trying to connect to the rough ridin' WiFi and didn't think about it again until twitter blew up. I showed my wife and she said "I didn't see that." So no, no one should be suspended, fined, reprimanded, etc.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2015, 02:10:27 PM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »
http://1350kman.com/interview-with-ksu-band-director-frank-tracz/
Pretty scary when Tracz says there are enough threats from KU fans that he is considering not taking the band to Lawrence.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 08, 2015, 02:14:50 PM »
http://www.gofundme.com/7u3paang

$510
Now at $695 with 27 donors.

60 people, 1 hour
$2885 in 2 hours.

Can these people not find a better use of their money, christ?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 08, 2015, 02:15:11 PM »
Pretty scary when Tracz says there are enough threats from KU fans that he is considering not taking the band to Lawrence.
Divert all power to forward deflector shields

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 08, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »

Sad.

saying the band deserved a suspension is "edgey"? I mean, you saw the video, right?

I didn't see a video but I was there and my wife said "look it's the spaceship from Star Trek" I said "huh looks a bit phallic to me" and looked back down at my phone trying to connect to the rough ridin' WiFi and didn't think about it again until twitter blew up. I showed my wife and she said "I didn't see that." So no, no one should be suspended, fined, reprimanded, etc.

the video looks a lot like a penis going into a jayhawk's mouth

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 08, 2015, 02:16:40 PM »

$510

60 people, 1 hour
$2885 in 2 hours.

Averaging $25 per person, not that much when you think about it.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 08, 2015, 02:18:08 PM »
no one cares about the updates, ed

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 08, 2015, 02:18:21 PM »

You've seen the crap Beems posts, and he isn't even the worst of the worst at Phog. You really don't think some of those people wouldn't go full CU and toss some D cells at our band?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 08, 2015, 02:20:32 PM »

good grief, get a sense of humor. he deserves a fine.

Rusty what angle are you working here bud? Why in the eff would he have a sense of humor about any of this, he just got aired out publicly by his university president and the conference for kidding around with a rival school? He was utilizing a sense of humor and people like Bowlsby and Schulz made him look like a fool publicly, how the hell is that funny?

You're trying way too hard to be a contrarian.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2015, 02:22:44 PM »

You've seen the crap Beems posts, and he isn't even the worst of the worst at Phog. You really don't think some of those people wouldn't go full CU and toss some D cells at our band?

I, for one, am looking forward to the warm, welcoming reception the band will receive from the fine, upstanding, and, above all, classy folks from KU

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »

Sad.

the video looks a lot like a penis going into a jayhawk's mouth

Who cares what your opinion is when we know what it is? If I said it looked like a clitoris and vulva and they were making a subtile depiction of KU's rape culture will we just go with that and call it good?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »

Rusty what angle are you working here bud? Why in the eff would he have a sense of humor about any of this, he just got aired out publicly by his university president and the conference for kidding around with a rival school? He was utilizing a sense of humor and people like Bowlsby and Schulz made him look like a fool publicly, how the hell is that funny?

you're right, "sense of humor" was the wrong choice of words. "self awareness" may have been more appropriate. He screwed up and seems to blame social media more than anything. And GMAFB with the "we're unsafe at KU now" martyr bullshit

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 08, 2015, 02:25:32 PM »
You tell the band director not to put anybody else's mascot on the field behind closed doors and publicly you shame anyone that says it was a dick.

Yeah this is exactly what you do. UPKS is such a pussy.

I'm also disappointed in him. He started off handling it properly with that "Sorry if you were offended" non-apology but then he totally pissed himself with today's ridiculous sanctions as this thing got more and more attention over the rest of the weekend.
By apologizing at all, he legitimized a non story. He shouldn't have said crap.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 08, 2015, 02:26:30 PM »
no one cares about the updates, ed
so edgy

you're right, "sense of humor" was the wrong choice of words. "self awareness" may have been more appropriate. He screwed up and seems to blame social media more than anything. And GMAFB with the "we're unsafe at KU now" martyr bullshit

oh man you topped yourself. you're so cool. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 08, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »

$510

60 people, 1 hour
$2885 in 2 hours.

25 cents is too much. Give that $25 to a homeless person or something. Whomever is paying this fine isn't missing a meal.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 08, 2015, 02:28:04 PM »
Lot of butthurt band nerds in here, michcat. They will go down with the penis-shaped ship

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 08, 2015, 02:28:49 PM »

Agree on that, lol what does he think is going to happen? Pretty dramatic.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 08, 2015, 02:30:16 PM »

$510

60 people, 1 hour
$2885 in 2 hours.

25 cents is too much. Give that $25 to a homeless person or something. Whomever is paying this fine isn't missing a meal.
In the interview Tracz said the University is paying the fine.  I wonder where they are getting that money.  If its student fees I have a problem.  If they were "sending a message" or whatever, fine Tracz or the band.  If that were the case I don't see an issue with crowd funding the fine for him.  I also wouldn't put it past the admin to drop his budget by 5k either.  Also than, I wouldn't have a problem crowd funding a donation to the band.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 08, 2015, 02:31:45 PM »
True reality has now taken a back seat to perceived reality.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 08, 2015, 02:33:10 PM »

$510

60 people, 1 hour
$2885 in 2 hours.

In the interview Tracz said the University is paying the fine.  I wonder where they are getting that money.  If its student fees I have a problem.  If they were "sending a message" or whatever, fine Tracz or the band.  If that were the case I don't see an issue with crowd funding the fine for him.  I also wouldn't put it past the admin to drop his budget by 5k either.  Also than, I wouldn't have a problem crowd funding a donation to the band.

Why would you have a problem if student fees were used? Also they can't unilaterally decide to reduce his budget $5000.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 08, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »

$510

60 people, 1 hour
$2885 in 2 hours.

Why would you have a problem if student fees were used? Also they can't unilaterally decide to reduce his budget $5000.

If we're operating under the premise that what he did was wrong with the show than he should have to pay for it, not the random student whose $.0003 of their tuition dollars pays for this fine.  Student fees are to facilitate the academic process not pay for fines for someone doing something in appropriate, without the university's knowledge before hand. 

And I'll defer to you and Dax on budget, but there was a lot of smoke about the AD pushing the band around on things for money and travel even on bowl trips.