Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110967 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »
If we just cancelled the band program and paid a DJamer for home games then we wouldn't have to worry about Jayhawks and dicks

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2015, 12:02:06 PM »
cRusty just trying so very hard to be edgey.

Sad.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2015, 12:02:44 PM »
My guess is we lose him over this.  I don't think I could work diligently with leadership (and I am in management myself) that shows that kind of lack of support.  He has done amazing things at KSU, and I believe he will be picked up and paid well by someone else very soon.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2015, 12:03:03 PM »
@WilliamShatner: I think it's time for the @Big12Conference leaders to step down and get their eyes checked. What a travesty! https://t.co/VDkOOA5dUl

Bill Shatner.

Shat is  :ksu:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »
Find me the sportsmanship rule about other teams' mascots and I'll quickly bang out a much better letter, pro bono*.

*or in this case, pro boner, because band dick

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2015, 12:06:52 PM »

My guess is we lose him over this.  I don't think I could work diligently with leadership (and I am in management myself) that shows that kind of lack of support.  He has done amazing things at KSU, and I believe he will be picked up and paid well by someone else very soon.

To be clear: nobody cares about the band director or the band. Nobody even knew his name until Saturday night.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2015, 12:09:04 PM »
I think it would be great if several other bands did the same performance in the coming weeks. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2015, 12:10:09 PM »
schulz and currie both made jabs at ku in the ring of honor ceremony on friday. shouldn't they be fined?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »

To be clear: nobody cares about the band director or the band. Nobody even knew his name until Saturday night.

to be honest, I hate the band and their thrice-annual performance of the best of Chicago, but I know who Tracz is.    And it wouldn't shock me if he left over this.   To be sold out publicly like they did is ridiculous.  Just pandering.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »

Sad.

saying the band deserved a suspension is "edgey"? I mean, you saw the video, right?

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »

Nobody cares until our band is KU-bad.  And his name is not that important. The leader of the award-winning band was just shamed by his administration.  While that means nothing to many, it means a great deal to others.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2015, 12:12:40 PM »
Are You Smarter Than a Wolverine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztAMzzjH0I

That is amazing. This is what we need to point to when any jayhawk fan starts saying how weird it was that we would put a jayhawk on the field when we weren't even playing them.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »
It's not that we put another team's mascot on the field, it's what we did to that mascot.  If it had been something "respectful" and not ramming it with a spaceship then it would have been fine.  At least that's how I interpreted the letter and that part of it probably could have been worded better.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2015, 12:13:47 PM »
Guys, even though the letter said the punishment was because "our conference commissioner felt that the use of another university's mascot was inappropriate", the real reason was because it looks like an erect penis was being inserted in the an opposing mascot's mouth.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »

Sad.

saying the band deserved a suspension is "edgey"? I mean, you saw the video, right?

For putting another teams mascot on the field or for the spaceship that kind of looked like a penis from a certain angle? 

If it's suspensions for other team stuff than suspensions need to abound across the whole conference.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »
would people please start using a NSFW when attaching articles that show these obscene pictures of the band, my 7 year old son just walked into the room while I was reading that article, now it looks like he'll be learning about fellatio today, thanks guys.
Or you could explain that it was The Enterprise blowing up a monster.  But whatever you believe your son saw.  If he has already seen an erection, and can identify with that, you can't blame the band for that.

he is adamant that he saw male genitals and balls tho

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »

Sad.

For putting another teams mascot on the field or for the spaceship that kind of looked like a penis from a certain angle? 

for the spaceship that looked like a penis going into the mascot's mouth with that certain angle being the angle it was designed to be viewed from.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
yeah if the jayhawk was just there sans penis there would be nbd

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
tracz is red hot right now.  next week the band needs to make the Animal's face eating another penis spaceship.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »
And keep in mind that you are allowed to think this is hilarious (whether or not it was intentional) and still acknowledge that it was, dare I say, a boner of a mistake.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
don't eff with a band director

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2015, 12:18:27 PM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »

Sad.

for the spaceship that looked like a penis going into the mascot's mouth with that certain angle being the angle it was designed to be viewed from.

"I saw a dick ... ". cRusty

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »
If its true that KU didn't file a complaint our admin is full of cowards.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2015, 12:19:41 PM »
It's my understanding the sanctions come from us putting another team's mascot on the field. . .not the supposed felatio.

That is a bullshit fallback to prevent a bigger issue by fining ourselves for a dick pic.  If we did that, the conf would come down on us since we would have basically admitted that we actually intentionally made a dick pic. Would make this dumbass fine look like a good idea. Everyone else just does nothing.  Its the easiest thing to do.  Literally.  How did we not do nothing?