Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 316735 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #875 on: December 12, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
Sean Snyder is a small man, who couldn't coach a little league baseball team effectively (I watched it in person as an umpire). He is extremely insecure and overcompensates constantly. He waited in the parking lot for me and my partner in the parking lot after a game to yell at us. The game was played by 12 year olds, and the calls in question were called correctly.

You might ask "So you watched him coach his kid in baseball, that doesn't mean he can't coach college football right?"  I would contend that the character flaws and insecurities I witnessed are deep in him, and will surface if he gets the head coaching job.

Pray that sean snyder is never the head coach at Kansas State in football.

This story is lacking details in all the things I care about for a head football coach.

Follow-up questions:

1. What was the call?
A kid dropped his bat on a follow through swing, and it hit the catcher on Sean's team (possibly his kid) and Sean said it was league policy that this would result in automatic ejection (not league policy). I did not eject the kid. The same kid did it again like 4 innings later, and Sean just lost it. I told both coaches I would call the player out if it happened again, but was not going to eject a 12 year old for accidentally losing the grip on his bat. Sean was furious and said I didn't care about safety blah blah blah. He also argued balls/strikes constantly (I worked maybe 4 or 5 times where he was coaching I think. I dunno this was like 2006) and was always on edge. Bill would sit in the stands and never say a word or do anything.

2. Did you ever make that call against Sean's team again?
Never happened again.

3. Did the team win that game?
Can't remember but I think they lost and it compounded the anger.

4. Did the team win all their other games?
No. In the games I umpired his team was a pretty average team for Manhattan at the time. They would never have been memorable either way (really good, really bad) except for that incident and that Bill was always at the games.*

5. Why do you hate K-State?
I don't.

*He had to hate every minute of being the involved Grandpa.

TIA

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 12, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »
His poor kids. You were allowing some suicidal hacker just flail around a murderous weapon and you acted ho hum about it to him. I'd be super pissed too. #TeamSean

Offline Big_Dipper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 12, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »
Why would sean make up a league policy? Baseball bats are dangerous CF3. Pretty sure you got it wrong. Kid did it on purpose and you just let him get away with that crap.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 12, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »
I need trim to rule on the ethics here but I think CF3 is a very ethical poster.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 12, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
I found the footage. cf3 let this happen.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 12, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »
NO CALL!

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 12, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »
NO CALL!

That's pretty convincing evidence.  :dunno:    #teamsean

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 12, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
NO CALL!

That's pretty convincing evidence.  :dunno:    #teamsean
JFC CF3, contributing to a homicidal maniac.  positively #teamsean

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 12, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »
I like cf3's story

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 12, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »
I like cf3's story
Yea, fun narrative.  :)
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: December 12, 2014, 03:04:35 PM »
Oh, God. Bill had Sean coach little league games in order to have him gain coaching experience for when he takes over K-State football and Sean was trying to prove to his dad that he could do it. That's mumped up.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 12, 2014, 03:05:32 PM »
I like cf3's story

I do too, but it doesn't factor into my thoughts on why he should or shouldn't be the next coach at K-State. I think a lot of football coaches would behave like he did around kids' baseball.

That said, I don't know why any decent coordinator or high level assistant would want to work for Sean. I mean, he's been a football ops guy most of his "coaching" life and handled punters and kickers. His dad finally let him "take over" special teams the last few years, but I simply don't think he's qualified at all to be a head coach at a Power 5 school. If at some point during his career he had left and become a real assistant or coordinator with some success maybe he'd be a consideration, but he never has done anything like that.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 12, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
I bet Will and Sean hang.   Prob compare notes on how to property emotionally breakdown a tween in front of his parents.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 12, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »
If Sean was a KS HS FB player, Beaty would be ready to fight Bill for him.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 12, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
Real talk. Do we hold the Auburn game against Sean and therefore he can't be the coach?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 12, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »
Real talk. Do we hold the Auburn game against Sean and therefore he can't be the coach?

No. Kickers are weird dudes that can go brain dead on a whim.

Special teams have been pretty good overall since he's been coordinator, I just think (and have heard) he usually has plenty of help in coordinating. He's much more qualified to be an athletic director of some sort than a football coach IMHO.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 12, 2014, 03:09:18 PM »
Only in so much that Sean's one rough ridin' job on this earth is to coach the kickers and the one he rolled with lost the game.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 12, 2014, 03:12:26 PM »
Only in so much that Sean's one rough ridin' job on this earth is to coach the kickers and the one he rolled with lost the game.

Meh, he wasn't just some guy he rolled out, Cantele was really good the year before. He was on the Lou Groza watch list to start the season. He just had a game where he lost it, I can't blame that on Sean or any coach.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 12, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »
Yeah, eff Sean for not being able to read the future and not know that his good kicker from the year before would meltdown on a National stage.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 12, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »
Yeah, eff Sean for not being able to read the future and not know that his good kicker from the year before would meltdown on a National stage.

No one is saying that except Sean supporters who are using it as a horribly flawed strawman.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 12, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »
As a ST coach, Sean has not really improved or hurt us since we've been good at ST since like 1991 or something so there's no way to know if he can coach IMO

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 12, 2014, 03:23:38 PM »
As a ST coach, Sean has not really improved or hurt us since we've been good at ST since like 1991 or something so there's no way to know if he can coach IMO

There is something to be said about maintaining at a high level and I think Sean has contributed. I'll give him some credit.

That said, I think "ST coordinator" is more of a title than an indicator of Sean's coaching ability. Again, I do not think that Sean should be a head coach at K-State or any other major college. If he wants to go to a HS or William Jewell that would probably be a decent fit.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 12, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
Peggy Po: A non-Sean coach gets us say, 20 wins over a 2 season span probably leaves for another gig. Sean would not if he did that.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 12, 2014, 03:42:49 PM »

Let's see, K-State has a kicker who is nearly automatic last year and kicked some huge FGs, has a bad night in a game where everyone seemed to make stupid mistakes (Lockett, really?), and by the next game replaces the guy with another near-automatic kicker.

And you think this talking point is a knock on Sean?

I'm not quite on the Sean-for-head-coach bandwagon, but you cannot deny K-State's special teams have been one of the most consistently exceptional aspects of K-State's team over the last few years.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 12, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »
I like cf3's story

I do too, but it doesn't factor into my thoughts on why he should or shouldn't be the next coach at K-State. I think a lot of football coaches would behave like he did around kids' baseball.

That said, I don't know why any decent coordinator or high level assistant would want to work for Sean. I mean, he's been a football ops guy most of his "coaching" life and handled punters and kickers. His dad finally let him "take over" special teams the last few years, but I simply don't think he's qualified at all to be a head coach at a Power 5 school. If at some point during his career he had left and become a real assistant or coordinator with some success maybe he'd be a consideration, but he never has done anything like that.

This is the point i'd have trouble getting over... no matter how gifted a coach Sean is, the resume only says "ST Coordinator"  No OC/DC whose worked their ass up crawling through the ranks is going to work for a guy who got to cut in line because of his dad.