Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 299492 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #1675 on: September 21, 2021, 01:19:16 AM »
Feel like I hate nubb more still. Never really hated OU until now. I will give nubb the institution some leeway on leaving the B12 tho. They saw the Texas cancer ruining the B12 long before anyone else, and fought against it almost every step of the way.

Colorado and Nub AD wore broke and jealous of Texas Longhorn Network money.  Weren't getting any of it, so they left.  Thank you eff head ESPN for breaking up the conference twice.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 21, 2021, 07:56:01 AM »
When I was an undergrad at K-State back in ancient times, I rented a basement apartment across from the park (and Johnny Kaw!).  Nubb was in town to deliver their annual beatdown of the Cats (pre-Snyder era), and some asswipe from Nebraska parked in my driveway and walked to the game with his buddies - I mean the polyester double-knit red pants with white belt and shoes.  I called RCPD, and they suggested I could call a tow service and have the vehicle removed from my driveway as the car was illegally parked on private property.  Awesome!  Had that dimwit's car towed (who parks in someone's driveway out of town?).  When I came back from the game they were standing cluelessly on the sidewalk on the front of my house, presumably plotting a strategy to retrieve their car.  I hated Nubb for their arrogance before that, now I root for whoever is playing against them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 21, 2021, 08:35:42 AM »
Classic nubb fan

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 21, 2021, 09:08:22 AM »
That's awesome that you had their car towed though

Offline bgeiger

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 21, 2021, 09:18:29 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIkW5da-ma0

At the 40 minute mark, I'm sure you guys have all seen this.  But this caused me to hate them a little less.  I know it's easy to cheer when you still won, but I always thought this was cool.  I didn't know about this until 25 years later.

But yeah, the parking in a driveway thing is a bit odd.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: September 21, 2021, 10:00:00 AM »
Nebraska is a program that I could watch lose every game and never get tired of it.  They could lose 100 in a row and there is no part of me that would be happy for them or their fans if they then barely beat an FCS school on a fluke play. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 21, 2021, 10:52:48 AM »
they still consider themselves the best/greatest/nicest/whatever fans in college football, that's never been my experience both up there and especially in manhattan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: September 21, 2021, 12:00:04 PM »

At the 40 minute mark, I'm sure you guys have all seen this.  But this caused me to hate them a little less.  I know it's easy to cheer when you still won, but I always thought this was cool.  I didn't know about this until 25 years later.

That supposed cheering the players off the field might be the absolute worst thing about their fan base. This particular time, in 1991 against previously impotent K-State, it was absolutely merited. Good on them for identifying the hard work of those players, however they did that because they didn't view K-State as a threat, it was very patronizing. They sure in the hell didn't do that in 2003.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 21, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

That supposed cheering the players off the field might be the absolute worst thing about their fan base. This particular time, in 1991 against previously impotent K-State, it was absolutely merited. Good on them for identifying the hard work of those players, however they did that because they didn't view K-State as a threat, it was very patronizing. They sure in the hell didn't do that in 2003.

no they didn't.  i was there, a top 3 college football game for me

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1684 on: September 21, 2021, 12:36:58 PM »
Born and raised in Oklahoma. Grew up an OU fan. Moved to KS as a freshman. Decided to attend KSU my junior year of HS. NUBB hatred runs deep. Always will.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 09, 2021, 10:11:53 PM »
Please Michigan :pray:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 09, 2021, 10:22:15 PM »
INJECT THIS INTO MY VEINS YESSSSSSS
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 09, 2021, 10:35:29 PM »
It was enjoyable watching them lose tonight. I reveled in it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 09, 2021, 10:40:30 PM »
That fumble was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 09, 2021, 10:49:40 PM »
Very satisfying.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 09, 2021, 11:11:33 PM »

Those fucks went to the CCG at Arrowhead that year and sat with OU fans and cheered for OU.  I always hated their fans along with coach pisspants.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 09, 2021, 11:47:23 PM »
That fumble was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are at least a dozen posts on husker board complaining how the refs didn’t call the play dead.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 10, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »

Those fucks went to the CCG at Arrowhead that year and sat with OU fans and cheered for OU.  I always hated their fans along with coach pisspants.

They did this in 2000 too. I saw multiple “Huskers for Heupel” signs at that game & had a groups of drunk NU fans behind me.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 10, 2021, 01:58:40 PM »

https://twitter.com/33KSU/status/1447039907940163584

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 10, 2021, 03:26:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/33KSU/status/1447039907940163584

:love: :love:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: October 10, 2021, 03:30:56 PM »
Yeah that's a good tweet 33

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 10, 2021, 04:09:42 PM »
nice work

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 10, 2021, 05:47:00 PM »

They did this in 2000 too. I saw multiple “Huskers for Heupel” signs at that game & had a groups of drunk NU fans behind me.
also huge aholes in St. Louis after 98 including at the bars at Lacedes Landing after the game

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 10, 2021, 05:50:08 PM »
the negative karma that fan base has amassed is substantial and the paybacks show no sign of stopping

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 30, 2021, 06:01:48 PM »
3-6 with Ohio State, Iowa, and Wisconsin left.