Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 303108 times)

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #1650 on: September 15, 2021, 10:22:35 PM »
Gary Anderson has flaked and quit early at multiple schools now.  Probably shouldn’t count that one against Wisconsin.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 15, 2021, 10:32:09 PM »
I assume chings is working on a bar graph showing the BiG schools average #of head coaches/year (or maybe coaches/10 years?) and then also providing ksucatsu in that chart for some context

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 15, 2021, 10:41:40 PM »
First of all, I nor anyone else having the conversation said anything about the success of the coaches. I included them in the point because their job has a very recent history of being volatile. I didn't make a single point about their capability to win or lack there of, obviously they have that capability, I don't know who would argue otherwise.

Both Anderson and Bielma left because Wisconsin doesn't pay their coaches and Alvarez meddled in the program. While Barry is gone, they're still not paying Chryst like he's a successful coach of a top 25 program. His salary is 8th highest in the Big 10 and great coaches in other conferences like Pat Narduzzi and Justin Fuente makes more than Chryst does. Their assistant coaching salaries aren't much better.

Whatever, think what you want to, I clearly means a great deal to skinny benny. Who thinks this the perceived image of Wisconsin football is important enough for a weird ad hominem attack. Have your W or my L, whatever makes you happy, bro.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: September 15, 2021, 10:44:20 PM »
I assume chings is working on a bar graph showing the BiG schools average #of head coaches/year (or maybe coaches/10 years?) and then also providing ksucatsu in that chart for some context

I mean @passranch already did that and it showed that only 3 Big 10 schools had fewer coaches than Wisconsin the last 21 years, but I guess reading that chart would make one a blowhard, so it's whatever I guess.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 18, 2021, 12:48:07 PM »
Rooting against Nebraska will always be a special kind of joy. Today I realized that I now want to root against Oklahoma, too. I'm good with whoever loses this one.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 18, 2021, 01:14:52 PM »
eff ou go corn imo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: September 18, 2021, 04:31:22 PM »
This was great day for the Corn. They get to think they’re somewhat competitive again. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: September 19, 2021, 09:42:54 AM »
go corn imo

:nono: I'm sorry but it can never ever be this, even if they're playing the taliban

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 20, 2021, 09:06:48 AM »
I was happy that Nebraska lost and OU also looked like crap.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 20, 2021, 10:31:54 AM »
go corn imo

:nono: I'm sorry but it can never ever be this, even if they're playing the taliban

:lol:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: September 20, 2021, 11:23:35 AM »
go corn imo

:lol:

That game was the 2020 election of Football, neither option was worth a crap

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: September 20, 2021, 12:26:02 PM »
I started following KSU football around 2006 so I don’t feel the animosity towards the corn that some of you do. I just view them like Miami, a once proud program that will never reach glory again.  The apathy appears to have already set in somewhat in Lincoln with the fan base that they know deep down their ceiling is 9-3 and they will never compete for a title ever again.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: September 20, 2021, 01:55:09 PM »
I believe that when I was a student at K-State, the SGA held a vote on whether to consider Nebraska our rival.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: September 20, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »
I started following KSU football around 2006 so I don’t feel the animosity towards the corn that some of you do. I just view them like Miami, a once proud program that will never reach glory again.  The apathy appears to have already set in somewhat in Lincoln with the fan base that they know deep down their ceiling is 9-3 and they will never compete for a title ever again.

I grew up in western Kansas in the 80's & 90's, if that wasn't enough to hate Nebraska this was.

My first K-State NUBB game was in 1996 I walked to and from the stadium with my girlfriend and my roommate. I lived on Kimball & Seth Chills. We stayed for that whole game, we got rough ridin' rocked. Walking back to my apartment a car full of cornbros rolled up next to us on Kimball. One of them said "eff you purple pussies" another one yelled "carpet match the drapes?"

In 1998 their dipshit band came into bsfs during the last 30 minutes of gameday and played the whole time, didn't stop. Same year Mike Brown threatened a like 5'9" student when we were rushing the field.

eff them forever and ever. Them and their mascot, Larry The Cable Guy, deserves all the crap they are eating and more.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: September 20, 2021, 04:45:59 PM »

Probably not the right thread, but I don't understand why Miami would never reach glory again. They at least stand a better shot than Nebraska.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: September 20, 2021, 05:19:14 PM »

I grew up in western Kansas in the 80's & 90's, if that wasn't enough to hate Nebraska this was.

My first K-State NUBB game was in 1996 I walked to and from the stadium with my girlfriend and my roommate. I lived on Kimball & Seth Chills. We stayed for that whole game, we got rough ridin' rocked. Walking back to my apartment a car full of cornbros rolled up next to us on Kimball. One of them said "eff you purple pussies" another one yelled "carpet match the drapes?"

In 1998 their dipshit band came into bsfs during the last 30 minutes of gameday and played the whole time, didn't stop. Same year Mike Brown threatened a like 5'9" student when we were rushing the field.

eff them forever and ever. Them and their mascot, Larry The Cable Guy, deserves all the crap they are eating and more.
The other thing that was absolutely infuriating was the number of Nebraska fans among people that otherwise would be Kstate fans. As bad as KU basketball/KSU football.  In fact more than a few Nubb football/KU basketball. Absolute scum.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 20, 2021, 05:32:35 PM »
Hate both ou and nubs but given the recent cloak and dagger bullshit ou and texas pulled I was rooting for nebraska. I think my general hate for ou probably matches most people's hate of nebraska, I just have had more issue with their fanbase than nebraska's fanbase. I guess I take solace in knowing nubbs in forever irrelevant so it's harder to hate them, it's a scarlet n for knowledge letter they wear.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 20, 2021, 05:42:24 PM »
Hate both ou and nubs but given the recent cloak and dagger bullshit ou and texas pulled I was rooting for nebraska. I think my general hate for ou probably matches most people's hate of nebraska, I just have had more issue with their fanbase than nebraska's fanbase. I guess I take solace in knowing nubbs in forever irrelevant so it's harder to hate them, it's a scarlet n for knowledge letter they wear.
What if I told you Nebraska used to be in the big 12 and left for the Big 10?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 20, 2021, 05:49:20 PM »
I think OU is overdue for some hard times. And being in the SEC will just compound that problem.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 20, 2021, 09:40:45 PM »
Ou has always been my number 1 most hated program, just complete trash for decades.

I have never had the Nebraska hate a lot of you guys have, I loved watching those mid 90's teams (except for the ass whippings of course). As an adult it's fun to laugh at the dork fan base but I don't know that I've ever even met a Nebraska fan in more than passing.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 20, 2021, 09:50:20 PM »
stop by the gran falloon any saturday during cfb season and then you’ll see

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 20, 2021, 09:57:54 PM »
Maybe if they fall far enough I can catch a Friday night game

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 20, 2021, 10:04:06 PM »

My hs bros and I watched that game on a 19" tv at our shitty little rental house in minneapolis, ks. When the game ended we, and probably a dozen other cars started driving around town honking our horns and celebrating. People were yelling out their front lawns and yucking it up. Eventually the little parade made a few laps by a super nubb fan's house (totally decked out in corn stuff).

Anyway, my bros and I decided that we should probably head to manhattan to party. I took my dad's car (didn't ask), and we met up with some older hs bros who were in some frat (theta xi, I think). One of them was telling us how he was talking mad crap to mike brown at the field storming and it was on tv.

Eventually we ended up at that stone frat house just south of the east end of aggieville. They had a pretty wild party. All of it combined to be probably the best day/night of young nicname's life up to that point.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 20, 2021, 10:04:51 PM »

The other thing that was absolutely infuriating was the number of Nebraska fans among people that otherwise would be Kstate fans. As bad as KU basketball/KSU football.  In fact more than a few Nubb football/KU basketball. Absolute scum.

The absolute worst people.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 20, 2021, 10:08:51 PM »
Feel like I hate nubb more still. Never really hated OU until now. I will give nubb the institution some leeway on leaving the B12 tho. They saw the Texas cancer ruining the B12 long before anyone else, and fought against it almost every step of the way.