Author Topic: Obama appeals to his base  (Read 8787 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Obama appeals to his base
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 01:12:56 PM »
Basically the dems version of "If you vote for Obama they will take you guns away" fear mongering.

Both parties do this nonsense guys.

A major difference is that the government has never really taken guns away but we have had government authorized slavery, disenfranchisement, racism in police departments, etc.

returning to jim crow and slavery are about as likely as a gun round up IMO. its a fair point that those are historical truths tho

None of those things mentioned in the article (except the two things I mentioned) implied a return to Jim Crow or should considered crazy race-baiting. I mean the article and K-S-U did, but did you actually look at the fliers?

http://freebeacon.com/blog/georgia-dem-mailer-warns-obamas-presidency-is-on-the-line/

http://talkbusiness.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ColorofChangeMail.pdf

And the flier with the lynching was called "disgusting" by the candidate it was "supporting":

http://www.wncn.com/story/26838336/nc-campaign-flier-has-background-lynching-photo

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Basically the dems version of "If you vote for Obama they will take you guns away" fear mongering.

A major difference is that the government has never really taken guns away but we have had government authorized slavery, disenfranchisement, racism in police departments, etc.

Even assuming that flyers are telling people "Obama will take your guns away" - wouldn't you agree there is a difference between factually inaccurate fear mongering and racist fear mongering? I think that racist element is a lot worse.

Second, liberals have a long history of advocating for and advancing gun control legislation that makes it harder to lawfully purchase and own guns. Some cities, such as D.C. and Chicago, actually attempted to ban all lawful ownership of most guns. Therefore - putting aside where you come down on gun control - it is perfectly appropriate and accurate for gun rights groups to voice concerns that liberal candidates will threaten Second Amendment rights. If they go so far as to threaten that a liberal candidate wants to "take all your guns away" that is, at worst, an exaggeration.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:42:28 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »

Even assuming that flyers are telling people "Obama will take your guns away" - wouldn't you agree there is a difference between factually inaccurate fear mongering and racist fear mongering? I think that racist element is a lot worse.

Other than lynching flier (which was absurd), what was the "racist fear mongering"?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »

Other than lynching flier (which was absurd), what was the "racist fear mongering"?

Uncle Thom.

Also, not sure how the Michael Brown shooting is a political issue.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2014, 01:55:43 PM »

It isn't for most white people

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »

Explain why it is a political issue. Seems to me that race relations and the militarization of police forces are bipartisan problems.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »

Explain why it is a political issue. Seems to me that race relations and the militarization of police forces are bipartisan problems.

"bipartisan problems" can't be "political issues"?

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »

"bipartisan problems" can't be "political issues"?

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Right... I'm sure Democrats are just hoping these flyers will prompt blacks to vote their conscience, no matter which party...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »
I sincerely have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »

Democrats are attempting to politicize the Michael Brown shooting by using it to gin up black votes for Democrats, even though voting for Democrats will in no way prevent young black men from stupidly attacking short man syndrome police officers, will in no way prevent arming SMS police officers like Navy SEALs, and will in no way prevent said SMS Navy SEAL police officers from gunning down said young black men.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:20 PM »

Democrats are attempting to politicize the Michael Brown shooting by using it to gin up black votes for Democrats, even though voting for Democrats will in no way prevent young black men from stupidly attacking short man syndrome police officers, will in no way prevent arming SMS police officers like Navy SEALs, and will in no way prevent said SMS Navy SEAL police officers from gunning down said young black men.

jeez

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2014, 03:30:21 PM »
I didn't actually look at the fliers

EDIT: I looked at them, they're not as bad as the article implied, but still...... kind of fear mongering IMO. My only original point was both parties are often relying on using scenarios that won't happen as a reason for their vote. Probably not directly from the candidates themselves, but from people associated with them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:33:23 PM by Cartierfor3 »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »
Ksuw absolutely hates the thought of black people voting, it's quite telling
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »
When you've got nothing left, and you're on your way to losing. Inject race into the equation.

Sad

This always cracks me up.  Race is always in the equation.  It isn't injected in to anything.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2014, 09:59:17 PM »
The left needs to conjure up racism and other fantasized problems in order to have some to fear monger against.  Hell, they're even fear mongering against people having to work for a wage. What a bunch of weirdo losers.

All they've done in this thread is validate KSUW's point of view
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
Well this is embarrassing for fsd

Bro, you're out of your league here.  Stick to the tech support board.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »
Did I miss the memo on the "honest dialogue on race" been suspended until after the election?

http://www.businessinsider.com/charlie-rangel-some-republicans-believe-that-slavery-isnt-over-2014-10

Veteran Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) had some harsh words for the Republican Party during a Thursday campaign rally for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D).

As he has done repeatedly before, Rangel compared some members of the GOP to confederates from the Civil War era. But at the Thursday evening event, he added that they "believe that slavery isn't over."

"We have to win. We have to be able to send a national message with Andrew Cuomo. And the thing is: Everything we believe in — everything we believe in — they hate. They don't disagree — they hate! They think if you didn't come from Europe 30 years ago, you didn't even make it. Some of them believe that slavery isn't over and they and think they won the Civil War!" Rangel shouted.

In contrast, Rangel said the Democratic Party is doing "God's work" on issues important to the American people.

"And so what we have to do is send a collective voice," he said of the upcoming midterm elections. "Everything we're doing is God's work: education, healthcare, affordable housing, [protecting against] discrimination, paying people the minimum wage." :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:05 AM »
Black people talking  :curse: :shakesfist: - ksuw
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »
Tammany Hall tactics are still alive and well in the Democrat Party. Vote, Or Else... http://nypost.com/2014/10/30/democrats-threaten-voters-to-get-to-the-polls/

Democrats are telling voters that they had better head to the polls — or else.

The New York State Democratic Committee is bullying people into voting next week with intimidating letters warning that it can easily find out which slackers fail to cast a ballot next Tuesday.

“Who you vote for is your secret. But whether or not you vote is public record,” the letter says.

“We will be reviewing voting records .?.?. to determine whether you joined your neighbors who voted in 2014.”

It ends with a line better suited to a mob movie than a major political party: “If you do not vote this year, we will be interested to hear why not.”

The letter and accompanying post card was criticized even by party members, with one Democratic consultant saying it was the wrong way to inspire votes.

“It’s a threatening letter. It’s a scare piece that is unnecessary and inappropriate,” the insider said.

Brooklyn and Manhattan residents who received the note Wednesday were furious, calling it an attempt to browbeat them into showing up at the polls.

“I’m outraged. Whether I vote or not is none of your business!” said a Manhattan voter, who was so incensed that she complained to a local Democratic leader.

“The letter is ludicrous and menacing,” said the voter, who requested anonymity.

The woman also received a report card of her voting record, pointing out that she had failed to vote in two of the last four elections.

Overall, the notices were sent out to 1 million registered Democrats who had failed to vote in previous midterm elections, according to the group.

The committee — chaired by former Gov. David Paterson — defended the scare tactic, calling it standard practice throughout the country.

“This flier is part of the nationwide Democratic response to traditional Republican voter-suppression efforts, because Democrats believe our democracy works better when more people vote, not less,” said Peter Kauffmann, a committee spokesman.

Here's a copy of the letter.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2014, 11:35:33 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/10/30/dnc_wont_denounce_racism_as_campaign_tactic_a_lot_of_different_mechanisms_were_using.html

LOL at the headline

The voter intimidation thing is pretty bad, but does that have anything to do with race? It seems like everything else you're posting in this thread has something to do with race.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »
The voter intimidation thing is pretty bad, but does that have anything to do with race? It seems like everything else you're posting in this thread has something to do with race.

No, that's not a racial one - it's an intimidation one. Democrats' despicable vote turnout tactics run the gamut.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »
If you didn't mail in your CO ballot in the first week or so, you get a similarly worded letter saying that your neighbors are counting on you to vote.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »
seems like democrats are fearful the end of racism is near.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
If you didn't mail in your CO ballot in the first week or so, you get a similarly worded letter saying that your neighbors are counting on you to vote.

Who is paying for the mailing? Should be printed at the bottom of the letter.

UPDATE: Looks like it's the same Democrat outfit that is sending the NY mailings above. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/391565/democrats-practice-intimidation-we-have-ways-knowing-if-youve-voted-john-fund

The Election Protection committee, the ostensibly “non partisan” group responsible for the mailings, is chaired by former Democratic governor David Patterson. It claims that the tactic is increasingly being used in other states, with similar letters popping up this year in Alaska, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Colorado, and Iowa.

Colorado's new all-mail voting system - only the second state to do this, along with Oregon - is really concerning. It significanlty increases the risk of disenfranchisement with zombie voters and outright fraud. Gardner is currently polling 4-5 points ahead of Mark Uterus - alead that should be pretty much insurmountable with less than 5 days to go. If Mark Ovaries wins, we'll know why.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:47:11 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »