Author Topic: Midterms  (Read 802 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Midterms
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
Are IL and MA really going to elect republican governors?

This whole thing is really about controlling the Senate isn't it? BFD or actually important?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

The Big Train

Re: Midterms
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 10:57:49 AM »
I haven't taken those classes but my midterms weren't that tough this semester

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
I mean, I get why people don't vote in these things because they're so boring and uninteresting, but the absurd amount of money being spent on ads, fliers, signs, etc would lead a rationale observer to think this is important.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »
Gubernatorial elections really only matter to the people who live in that state. I guess it could make a difference with gerrymandering for future elections or something.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 01:16:54 AM »
I mean, I get why people don't vote in these things because they're so boring and uninteresting, but the absurd amount of money being spent on ads, fliers, signs, etc would lead a rationale observer to think this is important.

Americans spent more money celebrating Halloween this year than on all federal elections combined, and I'm not even joking.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 01:12:20 AM »

Americans spent more money celebrating Halloween this year than on all federal elections combined, and I'm not even joking.

time traveler alert

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 07:57:17 AM »

Sure, but hundreds of millions of dollars is hundreds of millions of dollars nonetheless

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »

Sure, but hundreds of millions of dollars is hundreds of millions of dollars nonetheless

Billions, actually.  :surprised:

http://www.ij.org/campaign-spending-release-10-28-2014 (disclaimer, not sure how credible this is - but I want to believe it because it's funny).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:44:12 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.