Author Topic: Voter ID  (Read 29358 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Voter ID
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
The best idea I've heard is that filing a tax return should be your registration to vote.

national voter id cards is a much better idea and you just read about it here in this thread.  so you're lying.

i may be wrong, but i certainly am not lying.

national voter id cards? who is going to issue these? a new federal institution? the IRS and every single state already has a system in place to collect and processes information from every single american every year.

What about people who arent required to file taxes? Then they probably have a really easy tax return that is no more difficult than figuring out how to register to vote. If you want to vote, then you have to file a tax return.

hey, i've got an even better idea.  we can use the numbers issued to us by our pension system as our de facto identification system since we're too paranoid and stupid to issue id cards.  it'll be super secure because they're printed on thin cardboard and don't include a photo or really any other information about the number holder. 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2014, 04:20:44 PM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2014, 04:38:10 PM »
I'm fine with voter id's, but we both know that it's affect on illegal voting will be negligible. The neocons get raging boners for it because of the possibility of suppressing a non-negligible amount of libtard votes.

Neocons like you can't even be honest about why they are so gung-ho with voter id laws.

Sad

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2014, 05:01:37 PM »
Sad

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »
Dax, there is no point talking to you if you can't even acknowledge the neocon agenda

Mods, please change dax's name to fatherofagendites

Sad

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2014, 05:07:44 PM »
Sounds like big gov cons want to borrow another 4 billion dollars to create the Federal National Voter Identification Card Administration. I think newly jobless Holder would made a great Czar for this.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2014, 05:34:22 PM »
Sounds like big gov cons want to borrow another 4 billion dollars to create the Federal National Voter Identification Card Administration. I think newly jobless Holder would made a great Czar for this.

Neocons could hand out 200 million cards for about a quarter of that price through the IRS. Typical lib.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2014, 07:00:26 PM »
I'm fine with voter id's, but we both know that it's affect on illegal voting will be negligible. The neocons get raging boners for it because of the possibility of suppressing a non-negligible amount of libtard votes.

Neocons like you can't even be honest about why they are so gung-ho with voter id laws.

Sad

Who is gung-ho?   Progressive Libots such as yourself get all worked up about it.  Not because you actually think that it's going to suppress legal voters, it's because you know it's going to suppress illegal voting in targeted areas where Dems flourish. 

Remember,  many famous Democrats have thrived in areas where it was highly likely voter fraud or strong arm voting tactics were employed.   Harry Truman  pretty much owed his entire political career to the Pendergast machine,  kingpins of voting fraud.   There's also voting fraud surrounding both JFK and LBJ's rise to power as well.  (I won't even get into the fact that Brown and Root which later became part of Haliburton owned LBJ).

The whole strawman of "widespread voter fraud" that Libots like to toss around is a joke.   All it takes is targeted, selected voter fraud to swing elections, even national elections.
You keep circling back to this crap without documented proof.  The laws that Kobach wants would in no way shape or form stop voter fraud which is occurring.  You keep ducking that point.  The fact is voter ID doesn't solve any of the documented cases of fraud (which have had no bearing on elections mind you). 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2014, 07:03:41 PM »
Based on how violently many progressive libs oppose voter ID and immediately label anyone espousing the need and virtues of voter ID's as racist, how can anyone not a least have the thoughts of a purposeful initiative to create a voting pool?

Any thinking person is at minimum going to have to entertain those thoughts based almost solely on the vitriol that rolls off the tongues of progressive libs at the mere hint of Voter ID.

This notion that many progressive libs toss around or at list strongly hint about . . . that certain groups of individuals aren't really capable of obtaining an ID, or somehow lack the mental wherewithal to obtain one . . . how is that not racist in and of itself?
you can't turn the racist talking point back on itself just by saying no it doesn't happen or dems said it first.  The fact is the radical right is using specific racist language, which I've noted multiple times in the last few posts, targeting very specific groups.

Additionally, almost no one opposes voter ID.  They oppose the way Kobach and his radical right ilk are trying to do it in order to suppress voter turnout.  Like I said earlier, if you really cared about this, it would be a unified system, standards, and accessibility for types and sources of IDs.  You'd give a reasonable amount of time to get these IDs instead of rushing it through. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:07:20 PM by ednksu »
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2014, 07:16:46 PM »
Not everyone lives in Kansas EDN.

do you seriously not know what a national figure Kobach is for voter ID/radical right?  No goemawing, seriously look up how much of an impact he has. 
[qupte=Dax]
Plus, the point can be turned back, repeatedly. Because of the many absurd strawman that prolibtards have floated as to why ID's for voting aren't needed, oppressive etc. etc.   The hinting about certain groups lacking the will and the means to get them has been right at the top.
[/quote]What are you talking about hinting?  Its a well know fact that certain sectors of the American population don't have the necessary documents to vote.  Its not a debatable issue.  The issue comes when excuses are made for why it should be okay to require that ID because everyone should have those docs.  The issue comes when its a known issue and we rush it thought without a logical timeline.  Its an issue when people in disadvantaged SESs don't have access to these docs because of systematic issues.  Its an issue when the radical right puts bill boards in minority neighborhoods threatening stiff penalties in order to suppress turnout. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2014, 07:33:18 PM »
If I have a voter ID card, do I still have to register to vote constantly?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »
If I have a voter ID card, do I still have to register to vote constantly?

Every time you move.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2014, 09:55:24 PM »

FYI, when you think presenting an idea is unreasonable because neocon agenda and/or racism, it's time to start eating glue and screaming profanity at the sun, because you are a rough ridin' lunatic. 

It's just sad and pathetic that so many stupid people are made to believe this crap.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »

FYI, when you think presenting an idea is unreasonable because neocon agenda and/or racism, it's time to start eating glue and screaming profanity at the sun, because you are a rough ridin' lunatic. 

It's just sad and pathetic that so many stupid people are made to believe this crap.
I really think its great that you think that Kobach isn't doing this to disenfranchise people.  So many times he has been given an out to enact meaningful reforms to prevent a mythical problem, and he chose over and over again to keep this issue about partisan politics.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »

I really think its great that you think that Kobach isn't doing this to disenfranchise people.  So many times he has been given an out to enact meaningful reforms to prevent a mythical problem, and he chose over and over again to keep this issue about partisan politics.

I think it's "great" that you think possessing identification is disenfranchising. It also "great" that you use this contrived disenfranchising effect to complain about Kobach solving problems you personally believe don't exist. 

You're your own version of Kobach.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2014, 01:23:16 PM »

I think it's "great" that you think possessing identification is disenfranchising. It also "great" that you use this contrived disenfranchising effect to complain about Kobach solving problems you personally believe don't exist. 

You're your own version of Kobach
I'm going exactly by what Kobach's own investigations have found in multiple states you dunce. 
Facts > your opinions.

And Dax that is why it is mythical, because they hype machine has manufactured this massive voter fraud where NONE exists.  Its not a matter of whether or not there is fraud.  One side is making an affirmative claim which is absolutely incorrect.  And the amount of time you people defend his illegitimate attempts to prevent voting shows that you are partisan warriors who don't want to come up with a meaningful solution to the potential issue, and would rather entrench in your misguided rhetoric.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2014, 09:16:23 PM »
I'm not going to continue explaining to you why you're entire point of view on this subject is ludicrous.

You've gone to great lengths to convince yourself of many things that are not relevant to the discussion, nor prerequisites to employing perfunctory and common sense measures to mitigate against voter fraud. 

The government places bumpy composite on the sidewalk at every intersection so blind people don't walk into traffic, even though there isn't evidence of wide spread blind people car collisions. According to your perverse logic, this is a wasteful measure because there's inadequate evidence that blind people are walking out in front of moving cars and therefore the inexpensive mitigating measure is nothing more than subterfuge to maliciously inhibit bikers, wheelchair using people and roller bladers. 

SHUT THE eff UP YOU GODDAMN MORON

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2014, 09:56:59 PM »
I'm not going to continue explaining to you why you're entire point of view on this subject is ludicrous.

You've gone to great lengths to convince yourself of many things that are not relevant to the discussion, nor prerequisites to employing perfunctory and common sense measures to mitigate against voter fraud. 

The government places bumpy composite on the sidewalk at every intersection so blind people don't walk into traffic, even though there isn't evidence of wide spread blind people car collisions. According to your perverse logic, this is a wasteful measure because there's inadequate evidence that blind people are walking out in front of moving cars and therefore the inexpensive mitigating measure is nothing more than subterfuge to maliciously inhibit bikers, wheelchair using people and roller bladers. 

SHUT THE eff UP YOU GODDAMN MORON

Ummmmm let me soak up your anger. 
Look its fake and KSUW posting together like BFFs

Show me where we rushed to install these curb side rumble strips against public opposition? 

Also its a really rough ridin' stupid comparison since there is no constitutional right to fancy curbs which your side has been working hard since Jim Crow to roll back.  The reality in America is that your side had an out, a way to put reforms in place, but chose to work in favor of stealing rights from segments of society.  If this was a serious issue we would work to employ a plan which judges wouldn't strike down with comparisons to poll taxes.  If we were serious about this problem we would make this an endeavor  where people could easily get these IDs.
 But your side isn't serious about securing our right to vote.  Your side isn't serious about preventing voter fraud.  Instead you want to steal the right to vote from another generation of Americans who you fear will vote for your rivals.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
You are the extreme minority and your nonsensical rhetoric is persuading no one.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/206300-poll-70-percent-support-voter-id-laws

Stating proof of identity to vote is stealing rights puts you in the Unibomber realm of fringe.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:03 PM »
You are the extreme minority and your nonsensical rhetoric is persuading no one.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/206300-poll-70-percent-support-voter-id-laws

Stating proof of identity to vote is stealing rights puts you in the Unibomber realm of fringe.
Hey dumbass, I have zero issue with voter ID on principle you keep making up crap in order to joust against Don Quixote.  If I have to ID for buying a gun I have no issue with it to vote. I have a problem with people like you using it as a weapon to steal the vote. 

Argue against what I'm saying, not what you're constructing.  I've been very generous with my time with you idiots who can't even be courteous enough to read my posts and respond to my arguments. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2014, 10:09:50 PM »
I'm all of the sudden not so sure I'm not being trolled. :frown:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2014, 10:13:48 PM »
I'm sorry you have trouble reading  :zzz:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »
I support voter ID laws in principle.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2014, 10:15:07 PM »
Voter ID laws are unconstitutional and akin to Jim Crow laws

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »
I'm sorry you have trouble reading  :zzz:

That's not the problem here