Author Topic: Voter ID  (Read 28765 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Voter ID
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »
Its not almost what it is.  That is what it is.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
Chip in the wrist at birth solves all this
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »
SS office is so much more efficient than the DMV.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »
It's not just requiring ID.  For example, when we moved back to Kansas, my wife went out to the website and wrote down everything she needed to take.

She took her Missouri DL, birth certificate, SSN card, etc.  Pretty much everything she had.  When she got to the polling place, they wanted to see her marriage certificate so they could prove that she was married to me, and that's why her name on her current ID didn't match her birth certificate.

It doesn't matter that she had two forms of ID that were considered fine; they needed something they didn't even tell her to bring.

When I sat in the DMV waiting to get all of this taken care of, at least 50% of the people coming in were turned away because they didn't have enough ID.  They had all sorts of stuff, but it was about 75% of what they needed.  Even when I did get all of it done, I requested to register to vote when I got my DL, for which I provided all of the necessary info, and I was still told to send in a picture of my Passport to the county voting office.

Look, I'm all for responsible identification, but what they are doing is incredibly complex for 90% of the people out there.  It's almost designed frustrate people to the point of, "Eff it, I don't give a crap about voting."

yeah.  it's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that we don't have national voting cards, like jd said.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2014, 10:46:19 PM »

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt as opposed to jumping to conclusions that they're pieces of crap.

Though my perception of Kobach is that he's a total piece of crap.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2014, 12:55:27 AM »

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt as opposed to jumping to conclusions that they're pieces of crap.

Though my perception of Kobach is that he's a total piece of crap.

Yeah, he is pretty much the biggest piece if crap in the universe.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2014, 01:04:41 AM »
In the political world of poop, kobach is vodka and pizza shuttle poops
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2014, 09:10:41 PM »
When the libtards are calling you a poopiehead - you're on the right track.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2014, 09:35:05 PM »

Sounds a lot like what Brownback would say but let's be honest, kobach and brownies ultra-right platform is on notice in Kansas and the voters who are spearheading it are not democrats.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »
Brownback losing in polls, Roberts losing in polls, kobach pretty close in polls (losing in some).  I get there are a few weeks to go,  but that seems to speak volumes in one of the redest states, imo.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2014, 12:49:14 AM »
We must stop voter fraud!  Because even though places like Kansas and Wisconsin have never been able to prove a single case of voter fraud these laws would have stopped, these laws are necessary!

NEVER A SINGLE CASE  :lol:

How many has Kobach found?
bingo

We have voter id laws, retards.
WTF is wrong with the radical right and reading comprehension?  All over the place with inventing "facts."  No interconnecting logic in any of your posting. Just WTF.  Go back and read the posts.  Go back and read the facts that Kobach has admitted to. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2014, 01:35:05 AM »

Sounds a lot like what Brownback would say but let's be honest, kobach and brownies ultra-right platform is on notice in Kansas and the voters who are spearheading it are not democrats.

It's the libtard right.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2014, 05:08:57 PM »
keep in mind if the Reps were actually concerned about voter fraud and not suppressing votes, they would have started this in 2010 with a clear and concise plan instead of a ramshackle hodgepodge of acts they knew would be mired in court proceedings.  Say in 2010, we are targeting the 2016 election, you need 1 DL or national voter card.  Here are the places you can get them for free with x/y/z documents.  Instead Kobach and his ilk have designed these laws with such abandon they knew it would be challenged from all normal parts of society.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2014, 05:37:52 PM »

keep in mind if the Reps were actually concerned about voter fraud and not suppressing votes, they would have started this in 2010 with a clear and concise plan instead of a ramshackle hodgepodge of acts they knew would be mired in court proceedings.  Say in 2010, we are targeting the 2016 election, you need 1 DL or national voter card.  Here are the places you can get them for free with x/y/z documents.  Instead Kobach and his ilk have designed these laws with such abandon they knew it would be challenged from all normal parts of society.

Well the effort has been hodge-podge because states are in control of their own elections.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2014, 05:42:45 PM »

Well the effort has been hodge-podge because states are in control of their own elections.
Well no, the effort has been a hodgepodge because you have radicals making crap up as the go along, changing the laws mid elections.  See Wisconsin and their total inability to run a fair election.  I mean changing the voter ID requirements after ballots have gone out?  Not knowing whether ballots would be legit after people have already voted?  GMAFB. you want elections like that move to some failed state and keep that Kobach crap out of America.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2014, 10:13:06 PM »
We must stop voter fraud!  Because even though places like Kansas and Wisconsin have never been able to prove a single case of voter fraud these laws would have stopped, these laws are necessary!

NEVER A SINGLE CASE  :lol:

How many has Kobach found?
bingo

We have voter id laws, retards.
WTF is wrong with the radical right and reading comprehension?  All over the place with inventing "facts."  No interconnecting logic in any of your posting. Just WTF.  Go back and read the posts.  Go back and read the facts that Kobach has admitted to.

You are a crazy person
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2014, 10:28:34 PM »
How rough ridin' batshit, off the reservation, nuts do you have to be to think showing an ID is unreasonable or unduly burdensome? The kind of person who toils with paranoia, and sweats bullets every time they drive or buys a ticket to an R movie?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2014, 11:12:10 PM »
How rough ridin' batshit, off the reservation, nuts do you have to be to think showing an ID is unreasonable or unduly burdensome? The kind of person who toils with paranoia, and sweats bullets every time they drive or buys a ticket to an R movie?

Libtardedness transcends rational thought. Hence the name.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 08:01:22 AM »
how many republican judges in texas have to be denied the right to vote before we reconsider how we make these laws?

Still love that you guys cant have an honest discussion about these laws and resort to making crap up about the other side and argue against that position.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 08:32:10 AM »
Moved and got married; updating my registration was a PITA.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 09:14:52 AM »
having to register to vote is more of a barrier than having to possess identification.  registering to vote is such a ridiculous concept.

Yeah, if they had a national voter ID card, you wouldn't need to re-register every time you moved. I also like the purple thumb dye thing they do in other countries.
The best idea I've heard is that filing a tax return should be your registration to vote.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:32 AM »
having to register to vote is more of a barrier than having to possess identification.  registering to vote is such a ridiculous concept.

Yeah, if they had a national voter ID card, you wouldn't need to re-register every time you moved. I also like the purple thumb dye thing they do in other countries.
The best idea I've heard is that filing a tax return should be your registration to vote.
Consider and debate!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
I like how everyone's idea is always just "let the feds take over". Kansas should be able to straighten this out without federal voter IDs. Its ok that states aren't all exactly the same.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
Just as long as we can make sure Sharia Law is kept out of it, I am fine with KS taking this on. 

In case you haven't noticed, and the Royals have been kicking ass so you have a perfectly good reason for having been busy, but KS is nothing more than political circus.  I am not a Fed fan, but KS handling anything well right now seems far fetched.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »
I mean, yeah there should be some level of ID required, but not like tons. Bam problem solved.