Author Topic: K-State vs Auburn - Serious Game Discussion Thread (No Bullshit)  (Read 35590 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State vs Auburn - Serious Game Discussion Thread (No Bullshit)
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 11:13:47 PM »
Yes, i also would enjoy winning more than the alternative, well spoke.

How do you know that MBC is black?

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »

uh oh

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 11:58:03 PM »

uh oh
It was a joke about gpc.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 08:16:59 PM »
During Snyder 2.0 Kansas State is 22-1 at home when scoring over 25 points.

How do we NOT get to 26+ against a defense that gave up 5.3 yds/rush against pig aggy & 13.4 yds/completion to SJSU?

:ksu:
bears are fast...

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2014, 08:24:11 PM »
FACT: The SEC is 31.78% as good as they say they are.

FACT: The Big 12 is 117.32% as good as they say it is.

Result: Cats 38, Auburn 28
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 09:52:39 PM »
The bye week was long enough to get a bovine hammy into lockett. 300 yds is coming.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 08:04:35 AM »
Truman must play a better game. His performance against ISU was inexcusable.

Key stats to watch:

-3rd down defense
-RZ efficiency
-Avg. starting field position
-If Auburn has under 225~ish yds of rushing.

Bending (holding them to 3 instead of 7) and not breaking is going to paramount in this game. However, Malzahn has shown in the past he is more than willing to go for 4th and 3 and in when within FG range.

I'm going to watch both of Auburn's games so far this season later today.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:24 AM »
However, Malzahn has shown in the past he is more than willing to go for 4th and 3 and in when within FG range.

This benefits us, fwiw.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 08:39:45 AM »
I honestly expect a close, hard fought game that is still in question when the 4th quarter begins.  My gut tells me that Auburn then pulls away and goes on for a 14-17 point win, but who knows really?  Weather can play a huge factor as well.  You guys haven't yet seen anything like our heat and humidity team speed.  I don't say that to be cocky, just that Malzahn is just a damn beast when it comes to running the HUNH offense. I was amazed myself watching the 2009 team when he first cam in as the OC.  It's something that you have to prepare a long time for and Arkansas may have had the best shot of anyone yet.  They kept them under 50...

Perhaps your offense will seem to be in slow motion to our youngsters.  A quick search of the web turned up: http://247sports.com/Article/Looking-at-the-pace-of-play-in-college-football-fastest-teams-29893036

It seems that Tech (#1) & Baylor(#6) both were in the top 6 of plays per game, with UT at #21 while Auburn failed to make the top 25.  Also, as to actual "pace" or time it takes to snap the ball, Tech was #2, Baylor #4 and UT #20... Again, no Auburn.

It's funny you mention arky though... We are getting WAY more out of that game scout than you could ever imagine.   :fatty:

It just sucks that we have to wait another week to find out who is right.

Truest thing posted so far. While I try not to scoff at your 14-17 point victory prediction, I think it's important to know that we didn't lose any games by more than 10 points last year and I'm of the belief that OU, Okie Lite and Baylor were all better teams than Auburn last year.

Statistical analysis of last season (I know, that's last season...) shows that our teams were almost dead even in '13.  Where you guys had a couple miraculous wins and some real luck at aggy, we were the polar opposite when it came to getting breaks at the end of games.   Our 8-5 was just as close to being 11-2 as your 12-2 was to being 9-5 if that makes sense.

LOL. a team that lost to 4-8 West Virginia and a team that was handled by Missouri (a team Auburn defeated by 17) was better than Auburn? Okay. And Baylor? LOL. Please... they gave up more than half a hundred to Central Florida, a team that was beaten (at home, no less) by an SEC team that didn't even reach the SEC title game. Baylor is fine when they go up against bad teams. They score 70 routinely. But they are pretty mediocre when they go up against top flight competition, or teams with just really good athletes. Oklahoma embarrassed them. Even Texas beat them.

I guess you can make the argument that Oklahoma was better than Auburn, but I guess I missed their BCS National Championship game apperance.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 08:44:55 AM »
Optimistically I feel it could be like the Baylor game last year. We scheme it up to keep it close but don't really have the identity or talent yet to overcome a really good team.

Auburn isn't as good as Baylor was last year. If we can run against them as well as we ran against Baylor, I really like our chances.

Yeah, Auburn isn't as good as a team that gave up 52 points to Central Florida. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »
Repeat to yourself: college football does not follow the transitive property.

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »

that is a solid FACT this year.  just look at the rankings after South Carolina beat GA.  and I think it happened with another set of teams as well.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2014, 09:09:14 AM »
Hearing rumblings that the ol' ball coach (LHC Bill Snyder) has some tricks up his sleeve planned for Thurs.  Anyone confirm?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2014, 09:10:34 AM »

Key stats to watch:

-3rd down defense
-RZ efficiency

Bending (holding them to 3 instead of 7) and not breaking is going to paramount in this game. However, Malzahn has shown in the past he is more than willing to go for 4th and 3 and in when within FG range.

I watched the first half of Auburn vs pig aggy last night and was hard pressed to think of a Big12 team that plays worse defense than Auburn, and I'm including ku... I'm not even gE'ing here.  You'll see what I mean when you watch...

The QB running lanes, receivers just completely ignored/forgotten, etc. It's no wonder why they ended up #86 in total defense last year.  Some of it was poor scheme and some of it just completely blown assignments.
bears are fast...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »
Hearing rumblings that the ol' ball coach (LHC Bill Snyder) has some tricks up his sleeve planned for Thurs.  Anyone confirm?
Can confirm.  Heard he will have some deep sleeves too.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
Can confirm.  Heard he will have some deep sleeves too.

Also hearing that there is a member of the pig aggy coaching staff that has been very close with Coach since '89 who may or may not have had some good insights into how one might go about attacking the AU defense...

:peek:
bears are fast...

Offline Harmon4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »
I honestly expect a close, hard fought game that is still in question when the 4th quarter begins.  My gut tells me that Auburn then pulls away and goes on for a 14-17 point win, but who knows really?  Weather can play a huge factor as well.  You guys haven't yet seen anything like our heat and humidity team speed.  I don't say that to be cocky, just that Malzahn is just a damn beast when it comes to running the HUNH offense. I was amazed myself watching the 2009 team when he first cam in as the OC.  It's something that you have to prepare a long time for and Arkansas may have had the best shot of anyone yet.  They kept them under 50...

Perhaps your offense will seem to be in slow motion to our youngsters.  A quick search of the web turned up: http://247sports.com/Article/Looking-at-the-pace-of-play-in-college-football-fastest-teams-29893036

It seems that Tech (#1) & Baylor(#6) both were in the top 6 of plays per game, with UT at #21 while Auburn failed to make the top 25.  Also, as to actual "pace" or time it takes to snap the ball, Tech was #2, Baylor #4 and UT #20... Again, no Auburn.

It's funny you mention arky though... We are getting WAY more out of that game scout than you could ever imagine.   :fatty:

It just sucks that we have to wait another week to find out who is right.

Truest thing posted so far. While I try not to scoff at your 14-17 point victory prediction, I think it's important to know that we didn't lose any games by more than 10 points last year and I'm of the belief that OU, Okie Lite and Baylor were all better teams than Auburn last year.

Statistical analysis of last season (I know, that's last season...) shows that our teams were almost dead even in '13.  Where you guys had a couple miraculous wins and some real luck at aggy, we were the polar opposite when it came to getting breaks at the end of games.   Our 8-5 was just as close to being 11-2 as your 12-2 was to being 9-5 if that makes sense.

LOL. a team that lost to 4-8 West Virginia and a team that was handled by Missouri (a team Auburn defeated by 17) was better than Auburn? Okay. And Baylor? LOL. Please... they gave up more than half a hundred to Central Florida, a team that was beaten (at home, no less) by an SEC team that didn't even reach the SEC title game. Baylor is fine when they go up against bad teams. They score 70 routinely. But they are pretty mediocre when they go up against top flight competition, or teams with just really good athletes. Oklahoma embarrassed them. Even Texas beat them.

I guess you can make the argument that Oklahoma was better than Auburn, but I guess I missed their BCS National Championship game apperance.

Facts are hard. Oklahoma State was their only regular season loss. They throttled OU and handled UT.

Offline damonismyhero

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »

Key stats to watch:

-3rd down defense
-RZ efficiency

I watched the first half of Auburn vs pig aggy last night and was hard pressed to think of a Big12 team that plays worse defense than Auburn, and I'm including ku... I'm not even gE'ing here.  You'll see what I mean when you watch...

The QB running lanes, receivers just completely ignored/forgotten, etc. It's no wonder why they ended up #86 in total defense last year.  Some of it was poor scheme and some of it just completely blown assignments.

Do yourself a favor and watch the second half.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »

that is a solid FACT this year.  just look at the rankings after South Carolina beat GA.  and I think it happened with another set of teams as well.
USC
VaTech

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2014, 11:09:08 AM »
What scheme will we run?  I say press man on the outside with a deep safety and 8 in the box?  Is that even a scheme?  Man I could really use a _FANframes right now.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2014, 11:14:32 AM »
Maybe a zone of some kind?  What do we usually run?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »
I think we will play the corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and just line up with 7 in the box. We will keep the ball in front of us and then run up and make a tackle after a 3-5 yard gain on most plays. We will hope they commit a penalty or turn the ball over before they get all the way down the field.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »
I think we will play the corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and just line up with 7 in the box. We will keep the ball in front of us and then run up and make a tackle after a 3-5 yard gain on most plays. We will hope they commit a penalty or turn the ball over before they get all the way down the field.

this has pretty much been the bill 2.0 defense recipe

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2014, 11:30:15 AM »
watching the aub-ark game. auburn offense certainly looks impressive, a couple big time nfl type guys, but it is really hard to get a handle on the true quality because both of these defenses are just absolute stinking filth.

charles jones is going to eat as much as our play calling will allow.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2014, 11:33:05 AM »
they can't tackle and are always in the wrong place. it's kind of embarrassing to watch.