Author Topic: K-State vs Auburn - Serious Game Discussion Thread (No Bullshit)  (Read 35609 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State vs Auburn - Serious Game Discussion Thread (No Bullshit)
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 04:34:27 PM »
why such a struggle against ISU?  What do you see yourself doing so much better at this Thurs?

Auburn won't get a huge adrenaline rush from 50k Paul Rhodes disciples when they hold us to a field goal to go down 13-0.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 04:40:14 PM »
You can't out-weird Iowa State fans.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 04:40:58 PM »
You guys haven't yet seen anything like our heat and humidity team speed.  I don't say that to be cocky, just that Malzahn is just a damn beast when it comes to running the HUNH offense.

lol
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 04:41:57 PM »
Auburn fans thinking they're going to shock any big 12 team with the speed of their offensive play calling is pretty adorable
emaw

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 04:43:06 PM »
It should be just over 60 degrees at kickoff. Will the Auburn players be wearing coats while huddled around a heater on the sideline like Texas does under similar conditions?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
why such a struggle against ISU?  What do you see yourself doing so much better at this Thurs?

A) First road game of season, in conference familiarity, and it's VERY typical of our series with ISU for some reason. Despite taking 7 straight from them, I think only one has been decided by 7 pts or more.

B) Playing at home with playoff implications on the line.
bears are fast...

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
I haven't had a chance to watch AU play more than just a few possessions against Arkansas. I plan on watching some tape in the next few days.

But what I will day, our problems on defense are correctable. Tackling must improve before Thurs.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 05:23:02 PM »
Optimistically I feel it could be like the Baylor game last year. We scheme it up to keep it close but don't really have the identity or talent yet to overcome a really good team.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »
Optimistically I feel it could be like the Baylor game last year. We scheme it up to keep it close but don't really have the identity or talent yet to overcome a really good team.
We don't have Sams around to throw that last pic tho.

Offline Harmon4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 06:41:53 PM »
heres the thing...  GM's coaching staff seems to be different than AU staffs of the past.. they now seem to be able to actually develop the talent they are getting.  I would hope this also translates to not looking at this as your run of the mill OOC game.

Besides that, Im very happy with our special teams.  Obviously last year had some nice surprises, and we seem to have a great punter as well.

What are your predictions as far as running vs passing on AU?

Hopefully it will make sense this way... Do you think your kids are approaching this game with the same intensity as say, the Iron Bowl? the SEC CCG? the BCS game?  I have it on good authority that our kids are, which IMHO, gives us a reasonable edge in preparation.

As for predictions for what we'll do running vs passing on AU... The belief is that you have faster athletes and anybody that's ever been around football know you run straight at speed, which happens to coincide with what we are best at in the running game.  LHCBS will seek balance in the offense and will exploit any edge we have or deficiency he can find in your defensive tapes with our passing game.

I suspect you don't have anybody on the roster that can cover #16.  If it makes you feel any better, he made a fourth round & first round corner look foolish last fall & totaling 12 REC, 278 YDS, 3 TD vs OU (Colvin) and 8 REC, 123 YDS, 1 TD vs TCU (Verrett)

Verrett still hasn't found him

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »
Guys, I hope we win. I'm preparing myself for an embarrassing loss but I really hope we win.   :lynchmob:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 06:58:51 PM »
Yes, i also would enjoy winning more than the alternative, well spoke.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »

Sadly, we also don't appear to have as good of a defense, which is probably the more important factor.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 07:10:38 PM »

Auburn isn't as good as Baylor was last year. If we can run against them as well as we ran against Baylor, I really like our chances.

Offline damonismyhero

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 07:43:17 PM »

Auburn isn't as good as Baylor was last year. If we can run against them as well as we ran against Baylor, I really like our chances.

I'm honestly not sure how well you will run on this defense.  I mean that to say I have no idea.  I do know; however, you should sling it all over the yard on our defensive backs.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »

Or have Sams to run for 200 yards and eat up clock tho.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »

I'm honestly not sure how well you will run on this defense.  I mean that to say I have no idea.  I do know; however, you should sling it all over the yard on our defensive backs.

We have a running qb  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline damonismyhero

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »

We have a running qb  :frown:

he needs to learn to pass then...

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »

Frankenklein trying to be a huge dumbass
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »

Success!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 08:40:39 PM »

My biggest fear for this game is that the coaches abandon the run early like they did against OU last year. We need to control the clock and keep the defense rested.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »
When God is on your side you don't need luck.

The is my M.O. and it will probably be chiseled on my head stone right below the words SUGAR and DICK, and above the phrase "a man among boys"
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »

No kidding. As someone who liked both QBs and was never a frontrunner, I don't know how you can not credit Sams with keeping that game close. The pick killed us, yes. But if Waters plays that whole game we lose by like 50.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »

No kidding. As someone who liked both QBs and was never a frontrunner, I don't know how you can not credit Sams with keeping that game close. The pick killed us, yes. But if Waters plays that whole game we lose by like 50.
actually was more pissed at the coaches for having him throw at that point, we had enough time and Sams was a one man wrecking crew running the ball that day.I guess I was being a dumbass tho

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 10:11:13 PM »

Sadly, we also don't appear to have as good of a defense, which is probably the more important factor.

I honestly have no earthly idea how you could think that at this point.  My understanding from those close to the program is that this defense is light years ahead of where they were at this point last year and expected to be significantly better by years end.

Don't worry about that.  We will...  We will pick our spots, but I'm of the belief that a lot of auburn folks will have nightmares for weeks about Lockett running free in and from your secondary.

:billdance:

bears are fast...