Author Topic: Hey Guys  (Read 31385 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Guys
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »
Your articles look boring and too long to read. 

What are the feelings about facing a team that actually tries to play defense? 

:lynchmob:

I know that's not popular in the NFL-lite division you guys are part of...

I'll hang up and listen off-air.

Yeah... Kansas State's defense over the last several years has been much more impressive than Alabama & LSU's.

Thank you!  At least SOMEBODY gets it.

Has OU scored again?  I quit watching when they hit 45 points...
bears are fast...

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2014, 01:17:59 PM »
Guys, we always beat their coach when he was at Iowa State.  No reason that should stop now.

NEWSFLASH
Chizik hasn't been our coach for over a year and a half. It is now a fellow named Gus Malzahn.

:dunno:
@mikec2w

catzacker

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2014, 01:19:28 PM »
AU_Tiger, you're missing it here.  I'll explain it to you like I did sak and hopefully you'll understand.

goEMAW dot com forward slash forums is the nest.  It is a tiny piece of Toomer's Drugs* in the internet, in your dome.  Here, K-Staters love to throw acronymns at you constantly and rave about how they haven't lost a game, in college football, since they were founded in the late 1800s.

Feel the warmth, come and snuggle with the prestige.

War Damn Eagle!  Class of 2000, Industrial Design!  Smith Hall > Wallace whatever or something Hall

*and by Toomer's Drugs, I really mean a mix of The Supper Club and, if you're old enough to remember (and a person or two on here does) Harry's.

Is Toomer's Drugs one of those stores with wonderful southern charm that still has a "whites only" water fountain in it?

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2014, 01:20:11 PM »
AU_Tiger, you're missing it here.  I'll explain it to you like I did sak and hopefully you'll understand.

goEMAW dot com forward slash forums is the nest.  It is a tiny piece of Toomer's Drugs* in the internet, in your dome.  Here, K-Staters love to throw acronymns at you constantly and rave about how they haven't lost a game, in college football, since they were founded in the late 1800s.

War Damn Eagle!  Class of 2000, Industrial Design!  Smith Hall > Wallace whatever or something Hall

*and by Toomer's Drugs, I really mean a mix of The Supper Club and, if you're old enough to remember (and a person or two on here does) Harry's.

This is a message board for K-State and they have a right to be proud of their program. They have a great history, and like us have had their "issues" to deal with. I am not taking a lot of this seriously - these guys are having fun. That is what fan boards are for. I have to admit that their "Civil War" thread is a funny idea knowing that they are trying to troll the trolls. I could teach courses on The War of Northern Aggression, without notes, but I am not going to get mixed up in that! lol

I won't be talking "trash" on their board; I will only give my observations (when I have some) and re-post relevant articles when I see them.

WDE

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »
Is Toomer's Drugs one of those stores with wonderful southern charm that still has a "whites only" water fountain in it?

That has been painted over.  Now it's got a big Tiger's Parking sign above it that can be purchased for $49.99 plus $18 S&H.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »

This is a message board for K-State and they have a right to be proud of their program. They have a great history, and like us have had their "issues" to deal with. I am not taking a lot of this seriously - these guys are having fun. That is what fan boards are for. I have to admit that their "Civil War" thread is a funny idea knowing that they are trying to troll the trolls. I could teach courses on The War of Northern Aggression, without notes, but I am not going to get mixed up in that! lol

I won't be talking "trash" on their board; I will only give my observations (when I have some) and re-post relevant articles when I see them.

WDE

Is your name William or Walter?  Just trying to figure out what this WDE means.
@mikec2w

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2014, 01:24:01 PM »

goEMAW dot com forward slash forums is the nest.  It is a tiny piece of Toomer's Drugs* in the internet, in your dome.  Here, K-Staters love to throw acronymns at you constantly and rave about how they haven't lost a game, in college football, since they were founded in the late 1800s. that same year Lincoln took all our slaves away and pretty much destroyed our flimsy excuse for an army/government.

Made some minor edits for accuracy.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2014, 01:24:06 PM »

Yeah... Kansas State's defense over the last several years has been much more impressive than Alabama & LSU's.

THAT was a fun game to watch! My two favorite teams: Auburn and whoever is playing Alabama.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2014, 01:24:56 PM »

WDE

WAR DAMN EAGLE

Offline Harvey Updyke

• Fan
  • Bama's Number One Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »

i'm familiar with toomer's. they used to have these really old trees there. did away with those, but the fountains you reference remain.
Roll Damn Tide!!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:20 PM »

That has been painted over.  Now it's got a big Tiger's Parking sign above it that can be purchased for $49.99 plus $18 S&H.

Designated as The White Lot, no doubt

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »
sure are a lot of people who love to poke fun at Alabama's racist past for people from a state that might be most famous for Brown vs. Board.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2014, 01:29:15 PM »

WDE

WALT DISNEY EAST

Must live in Orlando or thereabouts.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »

THAT was a fun game to watch! My two favorite teams: Auburn and whoever is playing Alabama.

^^ THIS HAS TO BE A SOCK ^^

By Federal Law Article IV, section 2, statute 426, no member of the conference is allowed to chant anything other than SEC-SEC-SEC when playing a team from a lower division of FBS such as Big 12, Pac 12, or big 10.

bears are fast...

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2014, 01:37:07 PM »

By Federal Law Article IV, section 2, statute 426, no member of the conference is allowed to chant anything other than SEC-SEC-SEC when playing a team from a lower division of FBS such as Big 12, Pac 12, or big 10.

Obviously you are not aware of the antipathy between Alabama and Auburn. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world when Louisiana Monroe beat Bama in Saban's first year.

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2014, 01:39:09 PM »
Obviously you are not aware of the antipathy between Alabama and Auburn. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world when Louisiana Monroe beat Bama in Saban's first year.

You mess with the Warhawks, you get the,.... err...  BILLBOARD!!!

Hence why the SEC doesn't like stepping up outside of conference!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »

You mess with the Warhawks, you get the,.... err...  BILLBOARD!!!

Hence why the SEC doesn't like stepping up outside of conference!

Is it the getting beat part?  :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2014, 01:42:09 PM »
Is it the getting beat part?  :dunno:

Confirmed.  It's hard being the reputed best damn conference in the land.  The last thing we want to do is play out of conference teams and lose.  It's hurtful to our brand :(  Bad things happen in games that matter.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »
The War of Northern Aggression

:lol:

That was the most common name for it in the south during the war. In other words, it was a tongue-in-cheek historical reference.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2014, 01:46:13 PM »

That was the most common name for it in the south during the war. In other words, it was a tongue-in-cheek historical reference.

We here in the Free States call it the War of Southern Treason, which is accurate.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2014, 01:51:04 PM »

Oh, good then!!  We have something in common...  I was laughing at you guys two years ago when ULM took you to overtime in Jordan-Hare.  HUGE Warhawks fan that day...

Thank God y'all had Alabama A&M and New Mexico State on the schedule that year since Vandy and Mississippi State broke it off in your boys.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
bears are fast...

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »

We here in the Free States call it the War of Southern Treason, which is accurate.

lol 
While I am sublimely confident that I could steamroll you in a serious discussion about the era, I won't be commenting further on the subject for two reasons:
1.) This is a sports forum
2.) I refuse to be trolled.  :lol:

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2014, 01:55:52 PM »

Oh, good then!!  We have something in common...  I was laughing at you guys two years ago when ULM took you to overtime in Jordan-Hare.  HUGE Warhawks fan that day...

Thank God y'all had Alabama A&M and New Mexico State on the schedule that year since Vandy and Mississippi State broke it off in your boys.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

True statements. It was a painful season to be sure. But it worked out in the end; we got rid of Chizik and got Malzahn.
About Miss State though, they ALWAYS play us tough no matter how bad they might be, and that year we would have struggled against a pack of slightly angry Boy Scouts.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »

About Miss State though, they ALWAYS play us tough no matter how bad they might be, and that year we would have struggled against a pack of slightly angry Boy Scouts.

Makes sense, since y'all are both middle of the pack SEC-SEC-SEC teams... On the other hand, I find it really cute how all the AU fans act like they're some premier program after being a few miracle plays from being 8-5 last year and then got boat-raced in the 2H of the BCSCG against an ACC team.

Hell, one of our lower half Big12 teams (OSU) almost beat the defending champs in Dallas after graduating 45 lettermen. 

:popcorn:
bears are fast...