Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235565 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2575 on: April 09, 2015, 10:30:54 AM »
I just hope T-Rav knows how to play this in his senate campaign.

used to raise the roof, won't raise your taxes.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 09, 2015, 10:38:35 AM »
First time I've popped into this thread for a while, and I haven't commented because I'm not familiar with the story. But good to see that the KSUDub derangement syndrome continues. :thumbs: :blush:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 09, 2015, 10:58:48 AM »
First time I've popped into this thread for a while, and I haven't commented because I'm not familiar with the story. But good to see that the KSUDub derangement syndrome continues. :thumbs: :blush:

way to stay informed

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 09, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
Ok, so as I understand it, the guy got pulled over for a broken tail light (classic dick cop move), resisted arrest, got tased, ran away, the cop plugged him 8 times in the back, the guy died, and cop was arrested for murder.

Lessons Learned:
1. If you're not a cop, don't resist arrest or run away from the po-lice.
2. If you are a cop, don't shoot an unarmed suspect in the back, or else you're going to be charged with and likely convicted of murder.

Sounds like the cop is going to get exactly the consequence he deserves. Am I missing anything else? :dunno:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: April 09, 2015, 11:18:20 AM »
What caused the cop to shoot?  Needs to be understood so it can be addressed going forward.  Failure in training of some sort, etc...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: April 09, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
What caused the cop to shoot?  Needs to be understood so it can be addressed going forward.  Failure in training of some sort, etc...

I'm guessing every cop in America gets some training on not shooting fleeing unarmed people in the back. My guess is he was just a dick? Pulling people over for one busted tail light to give them a ticket and run their plate would be the first indicator that he was a dick. But then the victim pissed the dick off by resisting arest. Don't piss off dicks who carry a gun and a badge. (But also put said dicks who commit murder in prison). This doesn't seem very controversial. People are tryng to conflate this with Ferguson, and it just isn't even remotely the same thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: April 09, 2015, 11:46:42 AM »
I don't know who "people" are, but I am certainly not comparing it to anything.

As for your theory, it's stupid to relate a cop being a dick to a cop shooting someone 8 times in the back.  There is a deeper issue that causes the latter.  The police need to find that issue and address it through training and better hiring practices. 

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 09, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
Everyone knows this is not even remotely close to Ferguson.  In this case, the murderer was arrested.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 09, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »
SEE, THEY DON'T ALWAYS GET AWAY WITH IT
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: April 09, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »

He still might.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: April 09, 2015, 04:33:32 PM »

He still might.

Doubtful. Looks like he even picked up the taser and dropped it next to the body. All on video, thank goodness.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 09, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »
Everyone knows this is not even remotely close to Ferguson.  In this case, the murderer was arrested.

the thing is though, this guy was definitely getting away with it until the video surfaced. this basically calls into question every other police use of force that wasnt recorded. Sure, the guy has been fired and charged with murder, but how many other times has it happened with no consequences at all?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 09, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »
I am at least with KSUW on the differences.  Forensics would have revealed this dude was beating feet away from the cop where MB was shot in the front.  Picking up the tazer and walking it over to the body shows this guy knew he mumped up.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:24 PM »
Why was the guy getting arrested anyway? DNR the story

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 09, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
Broken tail light then ran while they were running his license.   

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 09, 2015, 09:54:35 PM »
Why was the guy getting arrested anyway? DNR the story

From what I've heard so far. the guy owed child support and maybe had a warrant for his arrest.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 09, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »
I like that ksuw is incensed that the dude was pulled over for broken tail light (a perfectly valid reason to be pulled over) but is just like "meh" about the dude getting shot in the back. Great look into the psychopath psyche
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 09, 2015, 10:14:04 PM »
I think he wanted to get shot so he didnt have to go to prison.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 09, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
I think he wanted to get shot so he didnt have to go to prison.

Yeah. Not paying child support is frowned upon in prison.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 10, 2015, 08:48:11 AM »
I like that ksuw is incensed that the dude was pulled over for broken tail light (a perfectly valid reason to be pulled over) but is just like "meh" about the dude getting shot in the back. Great look into the psychopath psyche

I said the guy should probably be convicted of murder for shooting him in the back - that's "meh"? Killing the guy is a way bigger problem than pulling him over. I was just pointing out that the "one broken taillight" excuse is probably one of the most common excuses for pretextual traffic stops (right up there with "took a turn too wide"). This cop was a dick and, as it turns out, also probably a murderer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: April 10, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »

I said the guy should probably be convicted of murder for shooting him in the back - that's "meh"? Killing the guy is a way bigger problem than pulling him over. I was just pointing out that the "one broken taillight" excuse is probably one of the most common excuses for pretextual traffic stops (right up there with "took a turn too wide"). This cop was a dick and, as it turns out, also probably a murderer.

Not sure why you are taking heat on this one.  I agree with everything you posted.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: April 10, 2015, 10:18:09 AM »

Not sure why you are taking heat on this one.  I agree with everything you posted.
It's a pretextual stop, and KSUW! is getting capped in the back
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: April 10, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »

It's a pretextual stop, and KSUW! is getting capped in the back

HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: April 20, 2015, 05:24:43 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: April 20, 2015, 02:39:24 PM »
37 years, 2 terms?