Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235522 times)

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2525 on: March 04, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »
Some of you are just awful. 

What about the dogs, tazers, searches, arrest for petty crimes, and racist emails?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: March 04, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »
In one instance, for example, a woman called FPD to report a domestic disturbance. By the time the police arrived, the woman’s boyfriend had left. The police looked through the house and saw indications that the boyfriend lived there. When the woman told police that only she and her brother were listed on the home’s occupancy permit, the officer placed the woman under arrest for the permit violation and she was jailed.

:sdeek:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: March 04, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »
In one instance, for example, a woman called FPD to report a domestic disturbance. By the time the police arrived, the woman’s boyfriend had left. The police looked through the house and saw indications that the boyfriend lived there. When the woman told police that only she and her brother were listed on the home’s occupancy permit, the officer placed the woman under arrest for the permit violation and she was jailed.

:sdeek:
Hahahahah

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: March 04, 2015, 05:39:47 PM »
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/us/justice-department-finds-pattern-of-police-bias-and-excessive-force-in-ferguson.html?_r=0&referrer=

Gasp. So the Ferguson PD is raaaaaaacist because the percentage of arrests and drivers receiving tickets who are black is higher than the percentage of black population? These are the numbers games libtards like to play when screaming raaaacism. They like to pretend that the "disproportionate" ticketing and arrest of lback people has nothing to poverty or other factors.

In 2002, the New Jersey Attoreny General commissioned a study of motorist speeding by race as part of a consent order with the DOJ. The study was simple - troopers set up special cameras along 14 different highway locations and matched photographs of the drivers with radar gun readings. Three people then independently evaluated the ethnicity of the drivers in the photos, and the evaluators had to agree on the race for the speed to be included.

According to the study findings, in the 65 mph zone where motorists enter the turnpike from Pennsylvania, drivers identified as African-American were 64 percent more likely to be speeding than those of similar age and sex who were identified as white.

The DOJ immediately criticized the study as flawed and shelved it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/LAW/03/27/nj.speeding.study/index.html

This latest report is just another bullshit political exercise by the DOJ.

I would rely on the amount of gross racist cartoons they send each other as a better indicator.  I am sure they checked those bigoted viewpoints at the door when they patrolled and it was just the minorities committing crimes that caused them to arrest them at a much higher rate.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2529 on: March 04, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
I didn't realize the investigation spanned beyond the riots. I'll withdraw my comments and agree the the FPD is a bunch of hillbilly missouruh racists. Probably discriminate against poors, too.

What's weird is that even minority cops are racist towards their own races.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:29:46 AM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: March 05, 2015, 08:01:37 AM »
Can we all agree, based on the emails, that there were at least some racist cops that worked for the FPD?  Seems reasonable, yeah?  And maybe we can take the next step and agree that it's bad if there are racist cops? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: March 05, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »
Can we all agree, based on the emails, that there were at least some racist cops that worked for the FPD?  Seems reasonable, yeah?  And maybe we can take the next step and agree that it's bad if there are racist cops?

I would imagine that being a cop you probably get desensitized from a lot of stuff. In addition to racism, I'm guessing they deal with drug abuse, depression and other stuff they regularly encounter.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: March 05, 2015, 09:13:47 AM »

I would imagine that being a cop you probably get desensitized from a lot of stuff. In addition to racism, I'm guessing they deal with drug abuse, depression and other stuff they regularly encounter.

Free pass then

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: March 05, 2015, 10:35:16 AM »

Free pass then

No, I wouldn't say that. They are public employees. We pay their salaries. Even behind-the-scenes racism is unacceptable. But just because they use crude, inappropriate, and downright racist humor in the office doesn't mean they're ticketing/arresting people based on racial motivation. The idea that black people are being ticketed/arrested in a disproportionate manner due to racism - as opposed to actually breaking the law - is contradicted by a number of studies.

I will say, and I have no basis for this but it's just a hunch, that working law enforcement in a rundown mostly poor and minority community would probably make you somewhat jaded and, yes, racist, over time.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:05 PM »

Free pass then

You're free to hand out passes as you please.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: March 06, 2015, 08:10:08 AM »

Free pass then

No, I wouldn't say that. They are public employees. We pay their salaries. Even behind-the-scenes racism is unacceptable. But just because they use crude, inappropriate, and downright racist humor in the office doesn't mean they're ticketing/arresting people based on racial motivation. The idea that black people are being ticketed/arrested in a disproportionate manner due to racism - as opposed to actually breaking the law - is contradicted by a number of studies.

I will say, and I have no basis for this but it's just a hunch, that working law enforcement in a rundown mostly poor and minority community would probably make you somewhat jaded and, yes, racist, over time.
So which part of my post do you find contentious?  The claim that based on the emails there were some racist cops in that police department?  Or that it's not good to have racist cops?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: March 06, 2015, 10:02:24 AM »

Free pass then

So which part of my post do you find contentious?  The claim that based on the emails there were some racist cops in that police department?  Or that it's not good to have racist cops?

I don't disagree with either of those points. When I said "no" I was responding to Dugout.

Just as we agree that it's not good to have racist cops, we should also be able to agree that just because one race or another tends to be ticketed/arrested at a "disproportionate" rate is not necessarily indicitave of racism. Common sense studies such as the one I cited conducted by New Jersey contradict this. But that's exactly the allegation the DOJ is making and none of this has anything to do with the shooting of Michael Brown.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: March 12, 2015, 04:46:57 AM »
SMH

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: March 12, 2015, 08:28:24 AM »
Two cops gunned down by Ferguson last night? by a protester.  Not much from the media this morning.  Heard it on CBS morning news.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: March 12, 2015, 08:37:43 AM »
Two cops gunned down by Ferguson last night? by a protester.  Not much from the media this morning.  Heard it on CBS morning news.

Why isn't the mainstream media picking this story up? It's just the cover story on cnn, fox news, cbs news, and nbc news. Why aren't the more mainstream outlets running with it?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: March 12, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »
So apparently the DOJ concludes that Ferguson PD had a culture of writing as many tickets as possible to raise revenue? Can the DOJ investigate every PD in the country for the same thing? I would support that. Or I could even give them a list to start with. Where is DeputyDawg when you need him?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: March 12, 2015, 09:54:01 AM »
So apparently the DOJ concludes that Ferguson PD had a culture of writing as many tickets as possible to raise revenue? Can the DOJ investigate every PD in the country for the same thing? I would support that. Or I could even give them a list to start with. Where is DeputyDawg when you need him?
You would find racism at the majority of companies if they were investigated as thoroughly.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: March 12, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »
You would find racism at the majority of companies if they were investigated as thoroughly.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

I'm not talking about racism, though - just government-sponsored pickpockets.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Oh. I've experienced it in Wamego. :dunno:

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: March 12, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »

#TheWesIsTheFuture

#TheWesIsTheFuture

I've been dinged twice in Wichita for bullshit "illegal turn" tickets, both times by a cop who was just lurking to write tickets. Not talking about speeding tickets or other legitimate safety violations.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: March 12, 2015, 11:35:31 AM »
don't make illegal turns (twice)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: March 12, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

#TheWesIsTheFuture

#TheWesIsTheFuture

I've been dinged twice in Wichita for bullshit "illegal turn" tickets, both times by a cop who was just lurking to write tickets. Not talking about speeding tickets or other legitimate safety violations.
I'm talking about being followed as soon as I got into town. Then driving around aimlessly to see if it was a fluke and being followed through numerous turns through residential neighborhoods. This happened on numerous occasions.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: March 12, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
didnt get shot tho #priviledged

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: March 12, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »
didnt get shot tho #priviledged

Well, yeah, but I also didn't take a swing at him.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: March 12, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »

Haven't heard a peep from Al Sharpton.  Hmmm