Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235589 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2125 on: November 24, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »
All this bullshit because some kid thought he could eff with a cop, rediculous.
Yep.  No other context here at all.  One dead black kid.  One uncharged cop.  No other issue here, really, if you ask me.

what is your issue?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: November 24, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »
Yep.  No other context here at all.  One dead black kid.  One uncharged cop.  No other issue here, really, if you ask me.

gatowhatever has proven time after time to be too stupid for nuance, don't bother

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 24, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »

gatowhatever has proven time after time to be too stupid for nuance, don't bother
U r Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 24, 2014, 11:02:41 PM »
wtf,
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ferguson-michael-brown-indictment-darren-wilson/

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: November 24, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »
I hope is that in the world we live in today, giving a cop a red spot on his face does not mean you have to die in the streets. My hope is obviously not reasonable

Mike Brown did not have to die, obviously. Mike Brown took his life into his own hands when he engaged that cop. I don't understand why people do not get that the standard of safety for police officers is different for other citizens, you don't have to like it but if you value your life you better respect it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: November 24, 2014, 11:05:41 PM »
I'm not sure but I think all these fires are not being set by angry Ferguson residents, this is pro rioters stuff.  They should be caught ASAP.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: November 24, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »
I hope is that in the world we live in today, giving a cop a red spot on his face does not mean you have to die in the streets. My hope is obviously not reasonable

Mike Brown did not have to die, obviously. Mike Brown took his life into his own hands when he engaged that cop. I don't understand why people do not get that the standard of safety for police officers is different for other citizens, you don't have to like it but if you value your life you better respect it.

Holy crap you said something reasonable, #babysteps

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: November 24, 2014, 11:07:56 PM »

great post
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: November 24, 2014, 11:08:32 PM »
wtf,
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ferguson-michael-brown-indictment-darren-wilson/

I wonder how many of those 11 did the DA ask the grand jury to indict. I ask because I have heard some legal experts tonight say they think that the DA in this case did not ask for an indictment.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: November 24, 2014, 11:10:21 PM »

Holy crap you said something reasonable, #babysteps

I'm willing to bet $1000 that you missed my point, I bet you wouldn't agree with what I'm saying at all.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: November 24, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »
LOL at flag-burning indignation.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: November 24, 2014, 11:11:19 PM »
wtf,

I wonder how many of those 11 did the DA ask the grand jury to indict. I ask because I have heard some legal experts tonight say they think that the DA in this case did not ask for an indictment.

I would shocked if he didn't at least make a symbolic request, even though his presser indicated he didn't want an indictment.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: November 24, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »
wtf,

You are getting real close to getting my earlier point here, the da wasn't for prosecuting due to a lack of evidence that the gj agreed with, the gj was to be extraordinarily fair to the people that wanted Wilson charged.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: November 24, 2014, 11:15:54 PM »

I totally agree, police should be able to protect themselves. but, to what end? This argument could be used for a lot of scenarios that takes us down a long path.

Honestly, not here to get into an argument, I feel for the kids family, and I feel for the officer and his family. I doubt he truly wanted to kill that kid, most likely he freaked out because he wasn't/isn't properly trained on these things. I work with cops everyday, a large majority of them never have to draw their weapon in a real scenario.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: November 24, 2014, 11:16:45 PM »

what is your issue?
that viewing this as one isolated case with no context is stupid. a lot of black people believe that the justice system is stacked against them, and stuff like michael brown being killed and tonight's decision seems (to them at least) to validate that suspicion.

when an unarmed black guy gets shot in broad daylight in the middle of the community, people think "well surely this time something will be done," and then it's charlie brown with a football again.  at some point, the camel's back is broken by the final straw and they become pissed.  and their anger is completely rational if you ask me.

so you can say the cop was defending himself or that rodney king deserved it or whatever you want, but to ignore the context of why people are so upset about this particular instance is just stupid.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »
wtf,

You are getting real close to getting my earlier point here, the da wasn't for prosecuting due to a lack of evidence that the gj agreed with, the gj was to be extraordinarily fair to the people that wanted Wilson charged.

Yeah, I'm not getting real close to anyone's point. I asked a question, I did not make a statement.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: November 24, 2014, 11:22:02 PM »
Tard, he could have just not pressed charges due to lack of evidence to convict.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: November 24, 2014, 11:25:05 PM »

what is your issue?
that viewing this as one isolated case with no context is stupid. a lot of black people believe that the justice system is stacked against them, and stuff like michael brown being killed and tonight's decision seems (to them at least) to validate that suspicion.

when an unarmed black guy gets shot in broad daylight in the middle of the community, people think "well surely this time something will be done," and then it's charlie brown with a football again.  at some point, the camel's back is broken by the final straw and they become pissed.  and their anger is completely rational if you ask me.

so you can say the cop was defending himself or that rodney king deserved it or whatever you want, but to ignore the context of why people are so upset about this particular instance is just stupid.
This is rough ridin' absurd.  You can't operate a legitimate justice system by trying and convicting people based on the sins of others.  The moment you bring in the rest of the horrible race relations into this case you de-legitimize yourself in this conversation.  If you want justice you must look at the incident as it happened.  If you want a martyr, looting, and rioting, you act like your post.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: November 24, 2014, 11:25:41 PM »

what is your issue?

This is rough ridin' absurd.  You can't operate a legitimate justice system by trying and convicting people based on the sins of others.  The moment you bring in the rest of the horrible race relations into this case you de-legitimize yourself in this conversation.  If you want justice you must look at the incident as it happened.  If you want a martyr, looting, and rioting, you act like your post.
well no crap, dummy.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: November 24, 2014, 11:26:43 PM »

I totally agree, police should be able to protect themselves. but, to what end? This argument could be used for a lot of scenarios that takes us down a long path.

Honestly, not here to get into an argument, I feel for the kids family, and I feel for the officer and his family. I doubt he truly wanted to kill that kid, most likely he freaked out because he wasn't/isn't properly trained on these things. I work with cops everyday, a large majority of them never have to draw their weapon in a real scenario.

My post was a diplomatic way of saying that if you don't treat all cops as trigger happy lil guys with little regard for others then you are taking your life into your hands. They aren't all like that, most may not be, but you are a fool if you don't work off of that assumption. I am going to post another thread about an absolutely disgusting story regarding MO Highway Patrol killing a kid this past summer that illustrates this point perfectly.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: November 24, 2014, 11:29:20 PM »

My favorite part of the whole night.

The war on Christmas is real  :runaway:

$10 one of these cops uses this as their Christmas card this year.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 24, 2014, 11:35:49 PM »
wtf,

I would shocked if he didn't at least make a symbolic request, even though his presser indicated he didn't want an indictment.

He did, and he confirmed this at the presser. I agree it was probably symbolic, but there's no point in convening a GJ to not ask for an indictment - that's the whole point of taking a case to them. You'd just be wasting their time otherwise.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 24, 2014, 11:36:12 PM »

My post was a diplomatic way of saying that if you don't treat all cops as trigger happy lil guys with little regard for others then you are taking your life into your hands. They aren't all like that, most may not be, but you are a fool if you don't work off of that assumption. I am going to post another thread about an absolutely disgusting story regarding MO Highway Patrol killing a kid this past summer that illustrates this point perfectly.

Most people have understood this for a looooooooooooooong time.  Cops are not meant to be mumped with, they risk their lives everyday to protect us,  I would not think of asking Wilson to not shoot the charging Brown and suggest he just try to win the fistfight, good grief!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 24, 2014, 11:38:58 PM »
Tard, he could have just not pressed charges due to lack of evidence to convict.

Am I supposed to care? The point you are making isn't next level crap, guy. How many more times are you going to make the same point for me to ignore before you get that I don't give a damn?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 24, 2014, 11:43:35 PM »

Most people have understood this for a looooooooooooooong time.  Cops are not meant to be mumped with, they risk their lives everyday to protect us,  I would not think of asking Wilson to not shoot the charging Brown and suggest he just try to win the fistfight, good grief!

Do me a favor and just stop quoting my posts when you post, I'm afraid that your dumb may be digitally contagious.