Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 237420 times)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2025 on: November 24, 2014, 09:15:17 PM »
The glasses lady on Maddow asked the best question. It's the question I've been asking the whole time.

Still watching the presser on CNN.  What was it?

She asked about the situations that make these types of incidents happen. I didn't hear the answer very well. That's the real question, and what the hell we are going to do about it.

How about we start with not attacking other people.  Seems like a good first step.

What do you mean by that? Are you starting down the road of false equivalencies?

I know your response was to Teddy-P, but you know what I mean, I hope.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 24, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
No question the prosecutor punted by allowing the GJ to perform a full and impartial review of the evidence. That's not a bad thing - it's just bad that only police officers get this privilege.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 24, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
No question the prosecutor punted by allowing the GJ to perform a full and impartial review of the evidence. That's not a bad thing - it's just bad that only police officers get this privilege.

Agreed. If it indeed was, the special privilege doesn't compute to me. I could be way off base here, but it's almost as if they just decided to hold the trial during the G.J.. I don't know if it was to get all the reaction out of the way or what.

I don't think Wilson would have been proven guilty of a crime under the law (from what I know, and I'm also not a lawyer), but it's super odd that it didn't even go to trial.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 24, 2014, 09:23:11 PM »

Agreed. If it indeed was, the special privilege doesn't compute to me. I could be way off base here, but it's almost as if they just decided to hold the trial during the G.J.. I don't know if it was to get all the reaction out of the way or what.

I don't think Wilson would have been proven guilty of a crime under the law (from what I know, and I'm also not a lawyer), but it's super odd that it didn't even go to trial.

Probably best to get this over now, rather than a futile, protracted trial.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 24, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
The cops are really sending out the olive branch right now....

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 24, 2014, 09:26:27 PM »
We are all learning tonight just how awful don lemon is :lol:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 24, 2014, 09:26:34 PM »

Probably best to get this over now, rather than a futile, protracted trial.

And I feel that is exactly the line of thought. I'm not even saying it is right or wrong, and don't have the wherewithal to make that conclusion. Is this ok to do under the law? Did they manipulate it?

Especially since all the evidence is supposed to presented transparently, it doesn't seem like either plaintiff or defendant benefited.

They just got it done with.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 24, 2014, 09:27:08 PM »
Obama is such a boss.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 24, 2014, 09:28:50 PM »

No truer words spoken

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 24, 2014, 09:31:26 PM »
We are all learning tonight just how awful don lemon is :lol:

Learning tonight? Naw, dog he's been questionable at best forever. Last week he asked a Cosby accuser why she didn't bite his dick off.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 24, 2014, 09:31:51 PM »
I still don't understand why they waited until 8:30pm to announce this.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 24, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
I've never heard of don lemon until tonight, but that's hilarious

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »
Obama is such a boss.

He started out so strong. It's a shame that he has to talk to the American public like he's a middle school principal trying to prevent a food fight.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 24, 2014, 09:36:10 PM »
I still don't understand why they waited until 8:30pm to announce this.

They should have announced Sunday morning. Do they even The Wire.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 24, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
LOL, Don Lemon almost got rocked w/ a tear gas canister.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: November 24, 2014, 09:38:45 PM »
Holy crap CNN looks like a warzone. Whatever cop decided to fire that tear gas cannister shold be fired and charged, completely inflamed what appeared to be a calm situation.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:28 PM »
omg you guys need to watch CNN

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41:07 PM »
Holy crap CNN looks like a warzone. Whatever cop decided to fire that tear gas cannister shold be fired and charged, completely inflamed what appeared to be a calm situation.

lol

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »
This situation is sad, obviously, but cnn is hilarious

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 24, 2014, 09:42:28 PM »

No truer words spoken

Yeah..........Thats a crock, they punted to the gj because the clear decision was to not prosecute and due to all the hubub wanted to at least show the people that this was thoroughly investigated and decided by impartial citizens.  It was not some priviledge extended to Wilson.  And in the end no indictment, if not for the outcry of people that don't trust the police or the da there would not have needed to be a gj and the statistics posted earlier about indictments per grand jury wouldn't have been watered down.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 24, 2014, 09:44:44 PM »
That was absolutely unreal; essentially Chris Cuomo, Van Jones, and Don Lemon were doing a live shot in what seemed to be a calm area. Then there was a group of people taking a lady having a medical emergency to the cops right were the reporters were standing then a cop fired a tear gas cannister at those people.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »

lol

What are you lolling?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 24, 2014, 09:46:57 PM »
Some dude is yelling f-bombs at the Fox News reporter

"eff the police, eff FOX NEWS."

Live, btw.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 24, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »

lol

What are you lolling?

Warzone?  Several cops threw tear gas, not fired.  You had one very poor perspective, but are ready to play JJE.  So I guess lots really.  lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 24, 2014, 09:48:23 PM »

No truer words spoken

Yeah..........Thats a crock, they punted to the gj because the clear decision was to not prosecute and due to all the hubub wanted to at least show the people that this was thoroughly investigated and decided by impartial citizens.  It was not some priviledge extended to Wilson.  And in the end no indictment, if not for the outcry of people that don't trust the police or the da there would not have needed to be a gj and the statistics posted earlier about indictments per grand jury wouldn't have been watered down.

You're looking for a fight and missed the point.