Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235507 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1850 on: November 17, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »
What will they be protesting if the Grand Jury, after scrutinizing all of the evidence, says the shooting was justified?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 17, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
What was Obama referring to when he said the protestors need to "stay on course"? Granted, this was being relayed by Al Sharpton, so it's entirely possible that something was lost in translation. Google: Al Sharpton vs the teleprompter
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 17, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
It is being reported towns all over America are bracing for riots if the policeman is not charged.  I would be pissed if my son was shot by police because he would not be doing drugs, robbing stores, and trying to fight the police.  If he had, I would try to apologize to the public, and plead people not to loot and burn down everything in sight.

His parents have done that, a lot.

If I still lived in Kansas I'd burn your house down out of general principle. I mean if we're all thugs I may as well get some pleasure out of it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 17, 2014, 12:28:01 PM »
Renocat lives in a 2 bedroom apartment with 8 other guys
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 17, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »
Surveillance film of cop after shooting shows not visible injuries
Probably cause he defended himself in time.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 17, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »
Renocat lives in a 2 bedroom apartment with 8 other guys

:lol:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 17, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »
Where are we at now? Indictment of some type of crime has a pretty decent chance, but conviction of said crime is slim to none? So we're bracing for impact at the response of those whose minds have already been made up over the guilt or innocence of Wilson?

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 17, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »
Where are we at now? Indictment of some type of crime has a pretty decent chance, but conviction of said crime is slim to none? So we're bracing for impact at the response of those whose minds have already been made up over the guilt or innocence of Wilson?

Yes. The evidence that has been leaked to this point makes indictment seem like a waste of time, but maybe there is more evidence we haven't seen. :dunno:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 17, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »

Yes. The evidence that has been leaked to this point makes indictment seem like a waste of time, but maybe there is more evidence we haven't seen. :dunno:

So basically an indictment is just delaying the inevitable reaction. Seems it's time for leaders, both elected and non, to simmer emotions. How to they do it? Beats me. I might suggest getting thorough explanations of the reasoning behind the decisions made, which they'll probably do. That won't help any though, and will probably make things worse.

It's too easy to go from "he's guilty" in someone's mind, to "the system is flawed."

I do think what should have been done immediately after initial incidents, is for community law enforcement, not only in STL County, but across the country, to take an active roll in reducing the adversarial role that police and citizens in these communities have with one another. Ex. more foot patrols, more face-to-face interaction, knowing people's names and faces.

Sure, the war on drugs is another topic in a way, but it is pretty prevalent here imo. Many are going to be disappointed however the case ends up. It's a terrible incident in a completely messed up situation and setting of larger proportions. The silver lining of Brown getting shot by Wilson, whatever the circumstances, should be improved attempts at fostering a better relationship on both sides, and that too should be at a nationwide level.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: November 17, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2014/11/17/ferguson-police-officer-raped-woman-in-jail.html

I thought the Ferguson PD was "mostly white", and now the one black officer is a rapist? Damn, MIR, we can't seem to catch a break here.  :facepalm:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: November 17, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »

Except there are several claims out there that he had his face busted

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 17, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »

Usually takes several hours for bruising to be dark enough for a shitty black and white surveillance camera to pick up. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 17, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »

Usually takes several hours for bruising to be dark enough for a shitty black and white surveillance camera to pick up.

Link?

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 17, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »
What was Obama referring to when he said the protestors need to "stay on course"? Granted, this was being relayed by Al Sharpton, so it's entirely possible that something was lost in translation. Google: Al Sharpton vs the teleprompter

The Justice Department has forced the Ferguson PD and surrounding to communicate with the community in order to keep further rioting at bay.

Keeping "on course" is (I believe) referring to the dialogue that the local constabulary and community had about not pulling out the MRAPS and drawing down on largely civil crowds. Which they did during the daytime hours prior to the nightime riots in September.

The Ferguson PD has largely ignored the huge perception problem they have on the community. As things calmed after the riots the PD has had daily communication with community leaders on how to identify and safely remove the agitators that have stoked the riot flames.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 17, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »

So basically an indictment is just delaying the inevitable reaction. Seems it's time for leaders, both elected and non, to simmer emotions. How to they do it? Beats me. I might suggest getting thorough explanations of the reasoning behind the decisions made, which they'll probably do. That won't help any though, and will probably make things worse.

It's too easy to go from "he's guilty" in someone's mind, to "the system is flawed."

So like, for example, it probably doesn't help that America's outgoing chief law enforcement officer is comparing Michael Brown to Emmett Till. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/17/eric_holder_likens_michael_brown_to_emmett_till_the_struggle_goes_on.html

JFC. He's just another race huckster not unlike Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et al, but with a better education.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 17, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/17/Organizers-Train-Newly-Minted-Protesters-in-St-Louis

Protesters anxiously awaiting the St. Louis grand jury decision relating to the shooting death of 18-year-old Mike Brown have been training activists all weekend in preparation for the day the grand jury makes an announcement about whether to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson for Brown’s death.

In a small room located on South Jefferson Avenue in a building used by IUOE Local 148, organizers like Rev. Osagyefo Sekou are instructing groups of individuals about tactics relating to resisting police commands during demonstrations.  Sekou is a St. Louis native who grew up in the area but now lives in Massachusetts.

Topics covered by organizers like Sekou as well as Deray McKesson and others included decentralized protest actions, jail support, first aid, legal issues, as well as staying safe on the streets during demonstrations.

McKesson explains, “Today we’ll talk about what it means about decentralized actions. So one of the four parts of what we’re doing is we are not actually telling you  where to go or what to do or anything to do with most of your actions. We have some central things planned, but the power of this movement has been with really strong decentralized actions.”

Sekou however, kicks off the training with audience responses to questions he asks.

Sekou says to the group, “Our task in part is, in addition to all the information is get a sense as to why we are here. We are part of the guiding principles for this movement. It’s militant non-violent civil disobedience. Can you please say that?”

Attendees respond, “militant non-violent civil disobedience.”

Sekou continues, “And we use the word ‘militant’ as opposed to the word ‘passive’ non-violent civil disobedience, because we are about a direct encounter with the state to create drama to show that we are willing to take a risk in confronting the state because of injustice. Right?”

Attendees reply, “Right.”

There's a lot more if you can stomach it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »
How dare they teach non-violence and first aid

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 17, 2014, 10:09:11 PM »
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2014/11/17/ferguson-police-officer-raped-woman-in-jail.html

I thought the Ferguson PD was "mostly white", and now the one black officer is a rapist? Damn, MIR, we can't seem to catch a break here.  :facepalm:

Can someone let me know why I was @'ed here? Was K-S-U-W one of those people earlier ITT insisting that black people have spokesmen? I guess this makes sense now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 17, 2014, 10:14:11 PM »

Can someone let me know why I was @'ed here? Was K-S-U-W one of those people earlier ITT insisting that black people have spokesmen? I guess this makes sense now.

Rhetorical ?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 17, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
When the GJ comes back with no indictment the condemnation of the protestors in this thread will be pretty hardcore

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 17, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »

Rhetorical ?

Maybe? I mean part of me is dumbfounded that he expects me to answer to this or that he immediately thought of me, as if I am a convicted or even accused rapist. But then I'm somewhat aware of his body of work and I know that he expects me to make an excuse for a rapist because he's black.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: November 17, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
I think his point is that the entire Ferguson PD is NOT all white, there is a black officer, and he is a rapist.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 17, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »

Rhetorical ?

Maybe? I mean part of me is dumbfounded that he expects me to answer to this or that he immediately thought of me, as if I am a convicted or even accused rapist. But then I'm somewhat aware of his body of work and I know that he expects me to make an excuse for a rapist because he's black.

After you explain why the black guy raped this girl, tell me why Kobe took 34 shots yesterday.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »

Rhetorical ?

After you explain why the black guy raped this girl, tell me why Kobe took 34 shots yesterday.
Oh nose, they killed the mamba too?! Those badtards :frown: