Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235495 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1700 on: September 02, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »
"It's rich people's fault"  "no, not me, the other rich people"

This is actually a good point, and one that I find both poignant and important.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 02, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »

similar to blue collar republicans saying "it's poor people's fault i'm poor, not my poor families fault, the other poor people's fault"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 02, 2014, 11:23:09 PM »

similar to blue collar republicans saying "it's poor people's fault i'm poor, not my poor families fault, the other poor people's fault"

Well, the grammar of the latter is an obamanation, though as for that the hypocrisy is really about the same, yes.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 02, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
poor people are terrible at grammar (i was in character)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 02, 2014, 11:33:36 PM »

The most important thing is that we - the collective we - resist the urge to align our personal thoughts and feelings with a body of opinion wholly separate from our own individual and self-true experiences refined by honest reflection.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 03, 2014, 12:03:35 AM »
Totally

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 03, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
[url]https://storify.com/DKShan/backoffice-politics-and-misdealings-in-missouri/url]

So the Feds are the only chance of justice. Missouri is a corrupt and racist place.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 03, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
:dubious:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »
[url]https://storify.com/DKShan/backoffice-politics-and-misdealings-in-missouri/url]

So the Feds are the only chance of justice. Missouri is a corrupt and racist place.

did not fact check that guy, but ugh. Also, here's a fixed link.

https://storify.com/DKShan/backoffice-politics-and-misdealings-in-missouri

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: September 03, 2014, 11:12:03 AM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 03, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 03, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
die.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 03, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »

Has there ever been anything funny come out of that website?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 03, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »

Has there ever been anything funny come out of that website?
"The Landlord"
"Between Two Ferns"
Etc.
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 03, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 03, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »

The most important thing is that we - the collective we - resist the urge to align our personal thoughts and feelings with a body of opinion wholly separate from our own individual and self-true experiences refined by honest reflection.

The intellectual midget derives comfort from satisfying his instinctual urge to claim a "team."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 03, 2014, 06:49:43 PM »
Billy on the Street is rough ridin' hilarious

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 03, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »
Bomani Jones' take on how blacks are viewed by everyone

His entire podcast is excellent, but the relevant portion of the podcast can be heard from 33:20-54:02. He does a podcast every week, he is contractually obligated to not talk sports so it's pop culture themed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 03, 2014, 10:57:38 PM »

His entire podcast is excellent, but the relevant portion of the podcast can be heard from 33:20-54:02. He does a podcast every week, he is contractually obligated to not talk sports so it's pop culture themed.

oh cool (srsly)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »

thanks for this, I have missed him since the ESPN radio app no longer has podcasts of Highly Questionable :thumbsup:

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 04, 2014, 03:19:39 PM »

This guy sounds like a really angry dumbass, anyway Mir let's talk racism for a moment, say a white dude is watching tv news at home and there are reports of blacks being violent downtown (shootings, muggings, etc.) and this dude goes downtown later for a movie, he does not feel he is racist by the way, he parks his car and is walking down the street to the theatre when he sees a group of blacks clowning around on the sidewalk 50 yards in front of him, he crosses the street to avoid coming in contact with them because he doesn't know if they are good guys or bad guys and doesn't want to risk finding out.  Is he racist because he does this?  I asked this guy why he did it and he said look, I would have probably been safe to keep walking straight ahead, but it is just not worth it on small chance I'm wrong.  This is the real problem as I see it, people don't cross the street to avoid a pack of old black church ladies because old black church ladies aren't on the news committing crimes, so it really isn't about skin color.  Its about a percentage of a demographic acting badly, so if you want to end this profiling (not skin color related) that demographic needs to clean up its act because its on them, the entire demo gets treated like the percentage of bad actors because people don't have time to get to know every individual that they come in contact with to determine if they are a good person or not.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »

This guy sounds like a really angry dumbass, anyway Mir let's talk racism for a moment, say a white dude is watching tv news at home and there are reports of blacks being violent downtown (shootings, muggings, etc.) and this dude goes downtown later for a movie, he does not feel he is racist by the way, he parks his car and is walking down the street to the theatre when he sees a group of blacks clowning around on the sidewalk 50 yards in front of him, he crosses the street to avoid coming in contact with them because he doesn't know if they are good guys or bad guys and doesn't want to risk finding out.  Is he racist because he does this?  I asked this guy why he did it and he said look, I would have probably been safe to keep walking straight ahead, but it is just not worth it on small chance I'm wrong.  This is the real problem as I see it, people don't cross the street to avoid a pack of old black church ladies because old black church ladies aren't on the news committing crimes, so it really isn't about skin color.  Its about a percentage of a demographic acting badly, so if you want to end this profiling (not skin color related) that demographic needs to clean up its act because its on them, the entire demo gets treated like the percentage of bad actors because people don't have time to get to know every individual that they come in contact with to determine if they are a good person or not.

This exact question/sitch could be related about any group of certain aged men/boys of any color and any group of old church ladies of any color.  Men/boys of a certain age are more likely to cause trouble than church ladies are.  I don't think we solved anything here.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:42 PM »

But did you ever stop to consider that maybe those hypothetical black youths were engaged in violence because of racism in their upbringing? Or maybe that black youths are no more likely to engage in violent crime than white youths, but the racist news report in your hypothetical painted a different picture? It's kind of like 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon, but more like 2 Degrees of Racism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 04, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »

thanks for this, I have missed him since the ESPN radio app no longer has podcasts of Highly Questionable :thumbsup:

Do you know HQ has been off of the air for nearly a month? They have been on vacation and are also moving into a new studio. They week be back next week.