Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235514 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1425 on: August 22, 2014, 09:36:33 PM »
assaulting an officer isn't a death sentence.  cop should rot

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 23, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
The fleeing felon rule should be renamed the piece of crap lazy cop rule.

Redundant

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 23, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
If I get killed, I hope they don't find some of my pics on FB. They'll think I had it coming.  :ohno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 23, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
this all reminds me of the southpark epi when they were shooting everything after yelling "it's coming right at us"

#pikepost

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 23, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »
http://www.upworthy.com/here-are-10-images-by-the-time-i-reached-the-third-one-i-was-crying-by-the-10th-i-was-furious?c=ufb1
I really appreciate it when they use these stories, because nothing makes a point about race when the attorney for one example said its not about race, another story the kid had a gun, and in another there was a violent confrontation initiated by the kid who died. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 23, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
I never click upworthy

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 23, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »
I never click upworthy

Idea to improve goEMAW: Do not allow people to link upworthy, buzzfeed, et al

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 23, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »
I think this one was the Red Sox manager.  Who knew?

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 23, 2014, 09:10:09 PM »
Wow. Very interesting. If the police are saying that Brown was running away when Wilson started to shoot, I'm inclined to believe them.

If Brown attacked Wilson (he probably did), seriously injured Wilson (he probably did), and went for Wilson's gun (no idea), then I still think Wilson had reasonable cause to fire at a fleeing Brown (the "fleeing felon rule"). But, if Wilson was shooting at a fleeing Brown, it's also possible that Wilson shot Brown even as he tried to surrender.

I still think the cop likely walks based on the prior robbery, aggressive behavior, and autopsy results, but an indictment might at least be appropriate based on these facts, if true.

The two wounds to the head are hard to square up. Both would have killed Brown almost immediately, and the only way the cop could have hit the top of Brown's head with the trajectory of the bullet towards his chin is if (1) the cop was standing over him - nobody is saying that - or (2) Brown's head was inclined towards Wilson. That suggests Brown was moving towards Wilson, unless he was already falling forward dead from the shot to the eye, which would make the shot to the head extremely difficult.

You're a real piece of crap if you think the "fleeing felon" rule was justified. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 23, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »
Wow. Very interesting. If the police are saying that Brown was running away when Wilson started to shoot, I'm inclined to believe them.

If Brown attacked Wilson (he probably did), seriously injured Wilson (he probably did), and went for Wilson's gun (no idea), then I still think Wilson had reasonable cause to fire at a fleeing Brown (the "fleeing felon rule"). But, if Wilson was shooting at a fleeing Brown, it's also possible that Wilson shot Brown even as he tried to surrender.

I still think the cop likely walks based on the prior robbery, aggressive behavior, and autopsy results, but an indictment might at least be appropriate based on these facts, if true.

The two wounds to the head are hard to square up. Both would have killed Brown almost immediately, and the only way the cop could have hit the top of Brown's head with the trajectory of the bullet towards his chin is if (1) the cop was standing over him - nobody is saying that - or (2) Brown's head was inclined towards Wilson. That suggests Brown was moving towards Wilson, unless he was already falling forward dead from the shot to the eye, which would make the shot to the head extremely difficult.

You're a real piece of crap if you think the "fleeing felon" rule was justified.
It isn't about whether it is a good rule. It is about whether the rule will apply to this case. Obviously KSU! thinks the cop is a piece of shot murderer for killing a guy that was running away, but this is about the law, not KSU!
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 24, 2014, 09:54:27 AM »
Article doesn't tell much except Wilson doesn't take his wedding vows seriously.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 24, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
this all reminds me of the southpark epi when they were shooting everything after yelling "it's coming right at us"

#pikepost

Haha. Shoot 'em Ned!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: August 24, 2014, 01:05:25 PM »
At least he called in sick after wasting a kid.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 24, 2014, 05:13:01 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 24, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »
http://huff.to/VN7Q1w

Hey look a weasely little dork who became a cop and beat up a 12 year old.   :horrorsurprise:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 24, 2014, 06:17:21 PM »
http://huff.to/VN7Q1w

Hey look a weasely little dork who became a cop and beat up a 12 year old.   :horrorsurprise:

Did you get to where they recapped what they've found about other Fergie cops?  There's a theme re: 12-year-olds, including 12-year-old girls.

Cosma isn't the only officer whose past has received new attention in the wake of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown and the subsequent protests in Ferguson. Eddie Boyd III, an officer who faced allegations of hitting children while serving under the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department, quietly resigned and sought employment with the Ferguson Police Department. Boyd faced three complaints of physical abuse against children between 2004 and 2006, two of which were dropped. Internal affairs sustained the third complaint against Boyd, saying there was sufficient evidence to support the allegation that he struck a 12-year-old girl in the head with a pistol, and recommended Boyd be fired. The St. Louis police chose to demote him.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 24, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »
How does this profession end up with so many weaklings?

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 24, 2014, 11:17:47 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/darren-wilsons-first-job-was-on-a-troubled-police-force-disbanded-by-authorities/2014/08/23/1ac796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html?wpmk=MK0000203
what a smear piece

I think its important that a police force is made up of officers who live within the community in which they serve.

I also believe that a police department that was disbanded for disproportionately and over aggressively targeting minorities - who had working for it an officer that has then then since been in an incident in which the suggestion of minority targeting has again been raised is relevant to any story that's come since then.

What is it then, specifically, in the article that leads you to believe its a "smear job" purposefully designed by the washington post writer and its editors?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 25, 2014, 07:35:20 AM »

How does this profession end up with so many weaklings?

Easy path to "power," how much the cop exercises it is probably dependent on how weak they are.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:01:17 PM by cfbandyman »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 25, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/darren-wilsons-first-job-was-on-a-troubled-police-force-disbanded-by-authorities/2014/08/23/1ac796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html?wpmk=MK0000203
what a smear piece

I think its important that a police force is made up of officers who live within the community in which they serve.

I also believe that a police department that was disbanded for disproportionately and over aggressively targeting minorities - who had working for it an officer that has then then since been in an incident in which the suggestion of minority targeting has again been raised is relevant to any story that's come since then.

What is it then, specifically, in the article that leads you to believe its a "smear job" purposefully designed by the washington post writer and its editors?

Everybody knows that the Post has been out to get Ferguson police officer Wilson forever.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »
what a smear piece

Dorian Johnson was wanted for other theft crimes.
Dorian Johnson has lied to police before.
Dorian Johnson has made false police reports before.
Since we know that both had no respect for the law, they are guilty of assaulting the cop since they have a track record of repeatedly breaking the law.

Or

Maybe the actions of related individuals don't have a bearing on this case and we shouldn't convict people based on their prior associations. Its an absurd thing to bring up when Wilson doesn't have a negative police record (that I've seen to this point).  If he was part of a small group of officers who were fired that would be an issue.  If Wilson had a history of specific complaints that would be an issue.  But since none of this directly relates to Wilson and his conduct its just as absurd to bring up as the criminal history of Johnson or anyone else from Brown's circle of friends.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile