Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 237453 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1300 on: August 20, 2014, 09:29:32 PM »
The people on the sidewalk were laughing at him for goodness sake.  When they first pulled their guns I was worried they would hit a bystander.

They should get charged with something, shouldn't they?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 20, 2014, 09:41:03 PM »
The people on the sidewalk were laughing at him for goodness sake.  When they first pulled their guns I was worried they would hit a bystander.

They weren't laughing when he started walking at the cops and yelling at them to kill him.

If they have a policy in place saying that they can do what they did, then what on earth would they get charged with?  The PD/city will get sued because they explicitly sanctioned it.  At the end of the day if you don't want crap like this to go on you sure as hell can't officially tell them they're allowed to do it.  I mean 21 rough ridin' feet?  Unreal. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 20, 2014, 09:49:28 PM »

They weren't laughing when he started walking at the cops and yelling at them to kill him.

If they have a policy in place saying that they can do what they did, then what on earth would they get charged with?  The PD/city will get sued because they explicitly sanctioned it.  At the end of the day if you don't want crap like this to go on you sure as hell can't officially tell them they're allowed to do it.  I mean 21 rough ridin' feet?  Unreal.

Yeah, good points. I suppose you could also argue some sort of negligence as they don't try to mend his wounds but instead made sure he was I'm handcuffs(!) That wouldn't necessarily get them charged, but should get them kicked out of the force or something.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1303 on: August 20, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »

Yeah, good points. I suppose you could also argue some sort of negligence as they don't try to mend his wounds but instead made sure he was I'm handcuffs(!) That wouldn't necessarily get them charged, but should get them kicked out of the force or something.

They should've pulled some forceps out of their batbelts, removed the bullets and then sutured up the wounds, after disinfecting them (of course).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 20, 2014, 09:55:56 PM »

They should've pulled some forceps out of their batbelts, removed the bullets and then sutured up the wounds, after disinfecting them (of course).

I mean crap, maybe they could have put pressure on them to try to stop the bleeding or something. Do cops not know how to administer basic first aid without a bat belt?

Again, I think I'm giving cops too much credit here. Oh well.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: August 20, 2014, 09:59:07 PM »
I bet they have a policy stating they're supposed to cuff violent suspects even if shot/severely injured.  Would be shocked if they didn't.  Safety first. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 20, 2014, 10:03:12 PM »
I bet they have a policy stating they're supposed to cuff violent suspects even if shot/severely injured.  Would be shocked if they didn't.  Safety first.

You're probably right

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 20, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
jesus christ that looks bad. like i don't even. i mean, i counted nine shots. :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 20, 2014, 10:11:09 PM »
cRusty, you shouldn't rest until you're out there on the streets of Feguson telling THE MAN he's dumb and did wrong.

Let us know when you're going, I want to set the DVR.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:49 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 20, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »
cRusty, you shouldn't rest until you're out there on the streets of Feguson telling THE MAN he's dumb and did wrong.

what on earth are you talking about you loveable old coot

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 20, 2014, 10:25:15 PM »
jesus christ that looks bad. like i don't even. i mean, i counted nine shots. :frown:

The news reports say the police confirmed that each officer fired six times.  You missed three somewhere in there apparently. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 20, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »

You seem pretty fired up about this, and I thought if you got out there on the streets it my help your angst, verve and zeal regarding the situation.

Did Eric Holder call this case "personal".   American's murdered every day, but this case, which may or may not have been murder, is "personal" for our AG?   Fascinating if so.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 20, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »

The news reports say the police confirmed that each officer fired six times.  You missed three somewhere in there apparently.

it begs the question that if their guns held ten bullets each, would they have shot him twenty times? twenty gun bullet then he would have been shot forty? i mean honestly what is the protocol here? just keep shooting until you can't shoot anymore? seemed excessive. like, overly.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 20, 2014, 10:34:20 PM »

You seem pretty fired up about this, and I thought if you got out there on the streets it my help your angst, verve and zeal regarding the situation.

LOL

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 20, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »
"black man shot 54 times after brandishing a pocket knife within 21 feet of 9 st. louis police officers at downtown music festival."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 20, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »
Mich is just totally divorced from reality at this point.  Consider putting the keyboard up for the night.

This was textbook suicide by cop.  Feel sorry for the cops put in that position and that the suspect wasnt getting the mental help he needed.  This is just the ultimate in shitty sutuations for everyone around.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 20, 2014, 10:40:16 PM »
Mich is just totally divorced from reality at this point.  Consider putting the keyboard up for the night.

This was textbook suicide by cop.  Feel sorry for the cops put in that position and that the suspect wasnt getting the mental help he needed.  This is just the ultimate in shitty sutuations for everyone around.

if true, then the cops should really be commended for really holding up their end. i'm half surprise they didn't both reload and then shoot him twelve more times just to be, like you know, really really sure they got him.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 20, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
Obvs you've never fired a gun and know very little about them.  But keep on expertin'.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 20, 2014, 10:45:19 PM »
Isn't Rick like one of the Little Apple's Finest?

If so, shouldn't you be out rousting some college kids Rick, or telling the SAE's to keep the music down or something?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: August 20, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
Obvs you've never fired a gun and know very little about them.  But keep on expertin'.

automatic handguns for st louis police? pull the trigger once and it fires all six shots?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 20, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »

it begs the question that if their guns held ten bullets each, would they have shot him twenty times? twenty gun bullet then he would have been shot forty? i mean honestly what is the protocol here? just keep shooting until you can't shoot anymore? seemed excessive. like, overly.

It wasn't question begging. However, this post does beg the question.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 20, 2014, 10:50:45 PM »

man I think we may need a new textbook for cops when it comes to dealing suicidal people walking with steak knives. Did you watch the video?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:18 PM »
For all of you on this blog that have attacked a cop and survived, what do you think you did differently than these guys to avoid being killed?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 20, 2014, 10:59:07 PM »
For all of you on this blog that have attacked a cop and survived, what do you think you did differently than these guys to avoid being killed?

did you watch the video?