Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235548 times)

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1025 on: August 19, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
can we get these fuckers some goddam tasers or pepper spray or something?

No other details. But this will make folks even more edgy.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 19, 2014, 01:49:50 PM »

The Ferguson Police Chief said on CNN last week that the officer was treated with a swollen face and had no further injuries.

I recall reading something similar now that you mention it. If he had a blowout fx the PD would have released images I'm sure.

It takes time to hit yourself in the face and for the swelling to go down.  Be patient

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 19, 2014, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 19, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 19, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
The next revelation will be there is Brown's DNA on the gun.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 19, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »
starkly and profoundly wtong at every level.

First I asked you about the lawyer directly and you diflected with a it does matter he is a pro quip no way black dudes would be self promoters.  When asked about you diflected with a racist remark about how white people all think blacks have elected leadership and group meetings.  Totally offensive response which promoted nothing but ignorance and was only subterfuge to duck the serious issues with exploiters like Jackson (who rightly so are being booed by the black comminity because these men see these events as fundraisers.)  Which leads to the final note that thesr situatuons can lead to alot of money via speaking fees, fundraising for foundations, future clients (wrong about sealed settlements) and a number of other avenues.

Dude, I answered every question you asked, you just didn't like the answer.

So do you disagree that there is a divide, and possibly a growing one, between black leaders (like A Jackson/Sharpton), and black communities?  That maybe their, the leader's, motives don't always coincide with the goals of the community they rush to represent?  Do you find any of the resentment of leaders like Jackson or Sharpton from the right to carry any weight or is it a total slander operation to discredit movements from disadvantaged communities which are agitating for more enfranchisement?

I don't even know what/who "black leaders" are, that's some crap that white people made up as a means to feel like we need spokespeople. Who are white leaders, hispanic leaders, asian leaders? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are individuals who make individual decisions to sometimes speak out or act about things that sometimes get the attention of mass media, sometimes not. We don't have meetings where they tell us what they are going to say and do. Any agreements, disagreements, games of backgammon, etc. are decisions of individuals, I cannot speak as any collective. I don't know any black people that give much thought to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, so I can't tell you about any divide in "black communities" (also a completely ambitious term, doesn't really mean anything, I'm black, very black, and I have no idea which black community I'm a member of). I know a lot of people made fun of Al Sharpton for being a snitch, but I mostly saw that on social media. I think the only person I had a conversation about it with was a white dude.

What the hell does this have to do with Benjamin Crump?

No, the "black community" did not boo Jesse Jackson, some people at that press conference booed Jesse Jackson. Why do you keep on insisting on putting us in groupings? In essence this entire conversation is you trying to put us in groups, when I tell you not to do it, you get mad and tell me that either I'm wrong or are ducking your hard hitting questions. I asked you several questions as it pertains to this that you didn't answer, who are the while leaders, hispanic leaders, asian leaders? What is a "black community?" Are you talking about the people of Ferguson, if so why are you asking me how they feel about people, I haven't taken a poll? If you are referring to the people of Ferguson why are you splitting out the black component?

Also I'm wrong about Crump asking about the Martin/Zimmerman civil settlement remain sealed? Okay buddy.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-04-15/news/os-trayvon-hoa-settlement-crump-argument-20130415_1_sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin-benjamin-crump
I'm sure the Orlando Sentinel's also wrong.

All of those reasons you listed that Crump has to gain for doing pro bono work could be transferred to every attorney ever.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 19, 2014, 02:23:56 PM »
I had no idea how much white dudes hated Jesse and Al. 

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 19, 2014, 02:25:32 PM »
Serious question here.... What happens on a national level if it's announced that this cop won't be charged?  I'm not saying he won't or even guessing one way or the other... just "what if"?  I mean... it's going to be rough ridin' insane right? Like lots of broken crap. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 19, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
starkly and profoundly wtong at every level.

First I asked you about the lawyer directly and you diflected with a it does matter he is a pro quip no way black dudes would be self promoters.  When asked about you diflected with a racist remark about how white people all think blacks have elected leadership and group meetings.  Totally offensive response which promoted nothing but ignorance and was only subterfuge to duck the serious issues with exploiters like Jackson (who rightly so are being booed by the black comminity because these men see these events as fundraisers.)  Which leads to the final note that thesr situatuons can lead to alot of money via speaking fees, fundraising for foundations, future clients (wrong about sealed settlements) and a number of other avenues.

Dude, I answered every question you asked, you just didn't like the answer.

So do you disagree that there is a divide, and possibly a growing one, between black leaders (like A Jackson/Sharpton), and black communities?  That maybe their, the leader's, motives don't always coincide with the goals of the community they rush to represent?  Do you find any of the resentment of leaders like Jackson or Sharpton from the right to carry any weight or is it a total slander operation to discredit movements from disadvantaged communities which are agitating for more enfranchisement?

I don't even know what/who "black leaders" are, that's some crap that white people made up as a means to feel like we need spokespeople. Who are white leaders, hispanic leaders, asian leaders? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are individuals who make individual decisions to sometimes speak out or act about things that sometimes get the attention of mass media, sometimes not. We don't have meetings where they tell us what they are going to say and do. Any agreements, disagreements, games of backgammon, etc. are decisions of individuals, I cannot speak as any collective. I don't know any black people that give much thought to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, so I can't tell you about any divide in "black communities" (also a completely ambitious term, doesn't really mean anything, I'm black, very black, and I have no idea which black community I'm a member of). I know a lot of people made fun of Al Sharpton for being a snitch, but I mostly saw that on social media. I think the only person I had a conversation about it with was a white dude.

What the hell does this have to do with Benjamin Crump?

No, the "black community" did not boo Jesse Jackson, some people at that press conference booed Jesse Jackson. Why do you keep on insisting on putting us in groupings? In essence this entire conversation is you trying to put us in groups, when I tell you not to do it, you get mad and tell me that either I'm wrong or are ducking your hard hitting questions. I asked you several questions as it pertains to this that you didn't answer, who are the while leaders, hispanic leaders, asian leaders? What is a "black community?" Are you talking about the people of Ferguson, if so why are you asking me how they feel about people, I haven't taken a poll? If you are referring to the people of Ferguson why are you splitting out the black component?

Also I'm wrong about Crump asking about the Martin/Zimmerman civil settlement remain sealed? Okay buddy.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-04-15/news/os-trayvon-hoa-settlement-crump-argument-20130415_1_sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin-benjamin-crump
I'm sure the Orlando Sentinel's also wrong.

All of those reasons you listed that Crump has to gain for doing pro bono work could be transferred to every attorney ever.
more racism from MiR bug surprise.   I never put black people into groupings.  But its absurd to say that. Certain leaders in the black community havent generated an enormous amounty of gravity through their groups and activism.  I never asked you about what blacks thought.  I asked about your views on those centers of gravity and how they interact positively and negatively.  Your racism, based on facts you assume im sure, has attempted to deflect self evaluation through red herrings like "who are the white or hispanic leaders".  The questions were designed to ask questions of members here to further discourse to find personal views.

And the point about the sealed settlements was that silence isnt bad, not the status of one case.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 19, 2014, 02:36:27 PM »
Police are supposed to shoot to kill so the number of shots is irrelevant IMO.

Why he pulled a gun in the first place is the biggest question.

Really?  I thought they tried to knock a perp down sometimes.  I could be wrong though.

I could be mistaken.  I am remembering my DARE officer talking about it.  I'm pretty that when they are trained they shoot to kill when they shoot though.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 19, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
Serious question here.... What happens on a national level if it's announced that this cop won't be charged?  I'm not saying he won't or even guessing one way or the other... just "what if"?  I mean... it's going to be rough ridin' insane right? Like lots of broken crap.

Why do you think that? 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 19, 2014, 02:42:42 PM »
Police are supposed to shoot to kill so the number of shots is irrelevant IMO.

Why he pulled a gun in the first place is the biggest question.

Really?  I thought they tried to knock a perp down sometimes.  I could be wrong though.

I could be mistaken.  I am remembering my DARE officer talking about it.  I'm pretty that when they are trained they shoot to kill when they shoot though.
cops are trained to shoot center mass.  It is the highest force on the continuum of force available to a LEO and has fairly strict standards.  Its important to remember the escalation of force isnt a chess match and force is employed to overcome a threat, not to equal it.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 19, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »

Why do you think that?

Because basically the entire world is convinced this guy is guilty and needs to be put away.  It's going to extend well beyond Ferguson if this guy somehow walks due to lack of supporting evidence.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 19, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

Why do you think that?

Because basically the entire world is convinced this guy is guilty and needs to be put away.  It's going to extend well beyond Ferguson if this guy somehow walks due to lack of supporting evidence.

No

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 19, 2014, 02:51:03 PM »
This thread is too long to read, but did you guys know they just killed another guy?

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-protests-live-updates-day-10-130710733.html

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 19, 2014, 02:53:09 PM »
This thread is too long to read, but did you guys know they just killed another guy?

yeah its almost like he had a knife and was threatening the cops. Such bullshit.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 19, 2014, 02:54:20 PM »
Good grief.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 19, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »
Isn't the #1 rule to never bring a knife to a gun fight?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 19, 2014, 02:55:29 PM »

Sounds like this guy was just asking to get shot.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 19, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »

Sounds like this guy was just asking to get shot.

martyr

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 19, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »

The first rule is "You don't talk about Fight Club", but that's probably the second rule.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 19, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »

The first rule is "You don't talk about Fight Club", but that's probably the second rule.
:thumbs:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 19, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
Why didn't these racist pigs just give him a puppy dog for the knife!

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 19, 2014, 03:13:04 PM »
The knife guy sounds like "suicide by cop."  He wanted to get killed.  Totally different situation, and I hope it doesn't get wrapped into this.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."