Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235574 times)

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #950 on: August 19, 2014, 12:29:48 AM »
compared to how LA cops looked during the rodney king riots:

so like 20 years from now it'll just be robocop?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 19, 2014, 12:31:29 AM »
abbey road cover was four daris' as well

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 19, 2014, 12:32:53 AM »

The front cops on the left and center are absolutely using this pic for their facebook profile too.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 19, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »
compared to how LA cops looked during the rodney king riots:

so like 20 years from now it'll just be robocop?

are you trying to alter the historical record to make a point or just using a bit of hyperbole?

Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 19, 2014, 12:58:49 AM »
are you trying to alter the historical record to make a point or just using a bit of hyperbole?

These cops are even doing the "hands up, don't shoot" thing!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 19, 2014, 01:01:57 AM »
no, its a mocking deal.  these are the cops and NG who have successfully completed their "execute a black youth and cover it up because all cops are racists test."
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 19, 2014, 01:06:19 AM »
MiR do you see the family's lawyer as a good Samaritan helping under represented groups?  Do you see him as an honest and plain dealer?

What the eff is this? I see Benjamin Crump as an attorney donating his time, thousands of lawyers do it everyday. Why the eff are we talking about this?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 19, 2014, 01:11:06 AM »
MiR do you see the family's lawyer as a good Samaritan helping under represented groups?  Do you see him as an honest and plain dealer?

What the eff is this? I see Benjamin Crump as an attorney donating his time, thousands of lawyers do it everyday. Why the eff are we talking about this?
kinda out of context at this point.  better set in the 'is he or isn't he an opportunist' deal.  and the questions are pretty benign and just meant to find out how you feel about this guy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 19, 2014, 01:15:51 AM »
like, neither side understands they are total assholes

Neither side? No offense but what are you paying attention to? Do you really think this is a two-sided affair?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 19, 2014, 01:20:23 AM »

kinda out of context at this point.  better set in the 'is he or isn't he an opportunist' deal.  and the questions are pretty benign and just meant to find out how you feel about this guy.

I think of him the same way I think of any professional that's donating their time. Feel free to let me know why anyone should think otherwise. I'm interested to know why he is a discussion point, I didn't bring him up.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: August 19, 2014, 01:24:04 AM »

I think of him the same way I think of any professional that's donating their time. Feel free to let me know why anyone should think otherwise. I'm interested to know why he is a discussion point, I didn't bring him up.
Never said you brought him up.  It did seem like you were defending him pretty vivaciously in my opinion.  More to my question's point, I was trying to find out if you think he is doing this out of altruistic value to the under represented groups in the US, agree that it was professional self promotion, or purely an ambulance chaser of a lawyer. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 19, 2014, 02:20:52 AM »

Never said you brought him up.  It did seem like you were defending him pretty vivaciously in my opinion.  More to my question's point, I was trying to find out if you think he is doing this out of altruistic value to the under represented groups in the US, agree that it was professional self promotion, or purely an ambulance chaser of a lawyer.

I make it a point not to question the motives of someone who provides thousands of dollars of goods or services to someone for free that generally wouldn't be able to get these services. I don't care if he's doing it for publicity for his practice or not, nor should anyone else.

Post-racial America, a black man is asked to justify the motives of another black man making the choice to help other black people :thumbs: I am absolutely sure that this is the first and last conversation on this board with posters openly questioning the motives of an attorney doing pro-bono work, amazing.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 19, 2014, 06:47:10 AM »
Some of these cops were so thirsty for some hot gun action, they didn't even bother to put on their cop pants before heading out.

I think they probably got told to stop wearing the paramilitary camo and the only non camo pants this guy owned were jeans from 15 years ago.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 19, 2014, 07:04:31 AM »

Neither side? No offense but what are you paying attention to? Do you really think this is a two-sided affair?

Uh, in the context of what we were watching live at the time of that post  with people throwing crap at the cops, and then the cops throwing gas back at them, yes, they are both assholes. Do you really think this is a one sided affair? Good grief mir
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 19, 2014, 07:45:01 AM »
Why in the hell does it matter why Crump took this case

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 19, 2014, 07:58:29 AM »

Uh, in the context of what we were watching live at the time of that post  with people throwing crap at the cops, and then the cops throwing gas back at them, yes, they are both assholes. Do you really think this is a one sided affair? Good grief mir

No I think this is like a seven sided affair. There aren't just cops and rioters, there were peaceful protesters, angry protesters, media, gawkers, smokers, jamochers, and midnight tokers among these groups. Good grief seven.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 19, 2014, 08:03:52 AM »

No I think this is like a seven sided affair. There aren't just cops and rioters, there were peaceful protesters, angry protesters, media, gawkers, smokers, jamochers, and midnight tokers among these groups. Good grief seven.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 19, 2014, 08:08:54 AM »
Review and understanding of motives in situations such as this is not a racial thing.

You don't think Gloria Allred's (one example) motives aren't questioned whenever she intervenes or shows up in front of the cameras MIR?

You still haven't established why Benjamin Crump should be questioned and compared to Gloria Allred. Are we wondering if he's an opportunist because he had the gall to represent the parents of one other black kid that was shot? You don't even know whether or not he is licenced in Missouri or if Brown's parents asked him to help or if he just showed up. All we know is that this dude helped Trayvon Martin's parents and it's helping these people, so I'll ask again, why do we need to question this man's motives?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 19, 2014, 08:35:29 AM »

Also, there aren't just cops, there's Ferguson city cops, St. Louis county cops, highway patrol, and national guard. And probably more.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:19 AM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 19, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »
Review and understanding of motives in situations such as this is not a racial thing.

You don't think Gloria Allred's (one example) motives aren't questioned whenever she intervenes or shows up in front of the cameras MIR?

You still haven't established why Benjamin Crump should be questioned and compared to Gloria Allred. Are we wondering if he's an opportunist because he had the gall to represent the parents of one other black kid that was shot? You don't even know whether or not he is licenced in Missouri or if Brown's parents asked him to help or if he just showed up. All we know is that this dude helped Trayvon Martin's parents and it's helping these people, so I'll ask again, why do we need to question this man's motives?
So do you disagree that there is a divide, and possibly a growing one, between black leaders (like A Jackson/Sharpton), and black communities?  That maybe their, the leader's, motives don't always coincide with the goals of the community they rush to represent?  Do you find any of the resentment of leaders like Jackson or Sharpton from the right to carry any weight or is it a total slander operation to discredit movements from disadvantaged communities which are agitating for more enfranchisement?   

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 19, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
Why in the hell does it matter why Crump took this case

It doesn't. What matters is that he's hurling around inflamatory accusations like "execution" whenever he can get in front of a microphone. He shouldn't be doing that, both because it violates his duties as an attorney and whips up the mob.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 19, 2014, 09:08:36 AM »
Christine ByersVerified account
?@ChristineDByers
Police sources tell me more than a dozen witnesses have corroborated cop's version of events in shooting #Ferguson