Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235546 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #600 on: August 15, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
If you're too dumb to understand what trim is saying, then I'm not sure that's trim's fault.  at a certain point you can't dumb down information even further
No I understand exactly what he is saying and it was a valid issue 24 hours ago.  Today we find out dramatically new information which radically changes the case law which applies in this case. Trim doesn't want to acknowledge how the paradigm of the case has radically shifted.

I didn't watch the news past 3 or so.  What changed?
oh sorry, didn't realize the felony issue was a non-issue, carry on.

Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 15, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
:lol:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 15, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
Why the  :lol: Trim? 
Through your expert legal opinion I now believe this choir boy was ordered to his knees and summarily executed in the streets of Ferguson. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
Through your expert legal opinion I now believe this choir boy was ordered to his knees and summarily executed in the streets of Ferguson. 

It was the emoticon that represented what I did in real life when I read your post.

It's fine for you to have your position that Brown's theft of cigarillos from the convenience store justifies the cop shooting him dead.  Go nut with it. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 15, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

It was the emoticon that represented what I did in real life when I read your post.

It's fine for you to have your position that Brown's theft of cigarillos from the convenience store justifies the cop shooting him dead.  Go nut with it.

Gee Trim, I never thought of couching my argument there.  Tell me, how violent of a felony has to be committed before the fleeing felon rule kicks in?  Or maybe you can educate me on how far away the cop was when gunning down this young man, how many hits, or anything useful which  prosecutor might use, that we KNOW for sure happened?  Because, its almost like I asked you for your opinion on this (or anyone else) pages ago, because it sure seems more and more like this guy thought he was going down for a strong arm robbery, tried to attack and cop, and ended up dead.  But I'll let you finish on the whole choir boy thing.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »
is stealing $50 worth of cigars a felony?  it shouldn't be if it is.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2014, 06:43:15 PM »

Theft from the person and/or simple robbery are (in Illinois). 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 15, 2014, 06:45:12 PM »

i guess it makes sense, but still.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 15, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »
I've never heard of a fleeing felon rule.  You can shoot felons that are running away in MO? 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 15, 2014, 06:54:11 PM »
Bread, thoughts on Trim's deliberation analysis? Can ballistics studies show how rapidly the shots were fired? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2014, 06:57:49 PM »

Bread, thoughts on Trim's deliberation analysis? Can ballistics studies show how rapidly the shots were fired?
No
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2014, 07:00:15 PM »
Can ballistics studies show how rapidly the shots were fired?
No
[/quote]
That's too bad.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »
I've never heard of a fleeing felon rule.  You can shoot felons that are running away in MO? 

Just the ones with deadly cigarillos. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »

i guess it makes sense, but still.
robbery in the 2nd degree.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 15, 2014, 07:28:14 PM »
No
That's too bad.
[/quote]people should be more concerned with distance and number of hits.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 15, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »

He assaulted the shopkeeper, too. He clearly was a bad person. He didn't deserve to die, though.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 15, 2014, 07:42:02 PM »

He assaulted the shopkeeper, too. He clearly was a bad person. He didn't deserve to die, though.

Yes, the guy is clearly a rough ridin' a-hole and honestly, ferguson is better off without him.  that argument won't hold up in court though.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2014, 07:44:20 PM »
No
That's too bad.
people should be more concerned with distance and number of hits.
[/quote]

If he has wounds in the front and back, that will support all of the witness testimony. I don't know how you could support the cop at that point.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 15, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
Edn, did you miss the chief say that cop that shot Brown was not aware that Brown was a suspect in the robbery? I'm very confused why you keep bringing it up. How is the felony (even though it isn't one, certainly wouldn't have been one if Brown got arrested that day) a factor if the cop didn't know if he committed the crime? The only change in act 2 of this play is the credibility Johnson, and that really hasn't changed if he was forthright with the feds when he talked to them.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 15, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »
Did anyone hear a friend of the cop tell the cops side of the story on some conservative radio show?

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 15, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »
Earlier today we wondered why Dorian Johnson was not charged, after seeing the video do we all agree that he shouldn't have been charged? All he did on the video was put the swisher sweets back on the counter. Also as to his credibility, his attorney said Johnson did tell the FBI and DOJ about Brown committing theft.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 15, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
Yes.

Too me the most damning thing so far is that guy that tweeted about it from his patio. Granted, I know nothing about his character and whether or not that could be shredded on the stand. But seemed to be an unbiased witness.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 15, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
Earlier today we wondered why Dorian Johnson was not charged, after seeing the video do we all agree that he shouldn't have been charged? All he did on the video was put the swisher sweets back on the counter. Also as to his credibility, his attorney said Johnson did tell the FBI and DOJ about Brown committing theft.

Well, the guy who robbed that old man with his pregnant girlfriend that got shot by the old man was charged with murder sooooo...

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 15, 2014, 10:09:49 PM »
Edn, did you miss the chief say that cop that shot Brown was not aware that Brown was a suspect in the robbery? I'm very confused why you keep bringing it up. How is the felony (even though it isn't one, certainly wouldn't have been one if Brown got arrested that day) a factor if the cop didn't know if he committed the crime? The only change in act 2 of this play is the credibility Johnson, and that really hasn't changed if he was forthright with the feds when he talked to them.

The problem is that Brown knew he was a suspect in a felony.  Not sure why you are even debating whether or not its a felony, because its a class C.  Brown didn't know if the cop was "approaching" him for j walking or the felony he JUST committed.  Now those are the facts of the interaction, in addition to the fact that the cop didn't know about the other crime.  But lets take that info and look at it logically.  We have a suspect, who knows he just committed a crime.  Would it be logical for the suspect to assume the cop is approaching him about that felony or about j walking?  Would the reaction of a criminal be different if they could reasonable infer the cop was stopping them for a felony or for a bullshit ticket? 

link for statue in case you wanted to double check:
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5690000170.htm

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 15, 2014, 10:18:35 PM »
Dudes, that video came out of Brown shoving a store clerk, or that he may have stolen some blunt wraps doesn't really matter. It wouldn't matter if Brown had stolen the cigs, shoved the clerk, rubbed his junk on some kid on the way out, and then ran over a gas pump on his way out. Once -- regardless of a scuffle with the cop -- the first shot was fired, when he ran then knelt and raised his hands, then the cop pumped him full of more lead the situation is the same.

The cop still decided to continue to empty bullets into the dude's body.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.