Author Topic: Auburn T-shirt ideas  (Read 45271 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Auburn T-shirt ideas
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2014, 08:54:43 PM »
What about Roll Snide

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »
Roll kites
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »
I bet you if _33 puts it on a navy shirt and makes the circle yellow we could market it to all the pig aggies as a new work shirt.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2014, 06:45:30 AM »

Offline damonismyhero

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2014, 09:38:19 AM »
Did the C&D letter really say part of the infringement had to do with using the color purple? Was it at least a certain purple on the color palette?

That would be a misguided path for them to go down, considering purple is one of like 10 colors that SPREADSHIRT chose to offer it in.  I like the crimson myself because roll tide.

You could sell literally tens of these in tuscaloosa

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2014, 09:56:29 AM »
It doesn't take much to "infringe" on intellectual property rights, see Vanna White vs Samsung.

I highly doubt K-State does much, though they might push it if you don't take it down (because they are for $$$). I only got flack about representing players, they never said anything about my Frank shirts. I'm sure Snyder is a bigger deal to them though.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:31 AM »
so, AD, would you like to go to the supreme court against clams and his buds? 

Nobody's foolish enough to accept this invitation.

clams & co. would end their throats, litigiously speaking.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2014, 10:58:33 AM »
ROLL SNYD  :billdance:

I made this a few days ago before I saw this thread and it's entries:

https://twitter.com/HazenShort/status/507290312734019585

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
The 15th?  What is that, the last day to purchase and reasonably expect to have them before the game?  I have no qualms with the AD on this.  Have to at least pretend to protect trademarks and likenesses and what not or else a big dog will steal it, no?

If it wasn't the SEC, it would be weird that Auburn fans get so pissed at this.  If they did a rock chalk war hawk shirt or whatever, I would give zero shits.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2014, 11:53:18 AM »
The 15th?  What is that, the last day to purchase and reasonably expect to have them before the game?  I have no qualms with the AD on this.  Have to at least pretend to protect trademarks and likenesses and what not or else a big dog will steal it, no?

If it wasn't the SEC, it would be weird that Auburn fans get so pissed at this.  If they did a rock chalk war hawk shirt or whatever, I would give zero shits.
That's a great idea for them, rock chalk war hawk. They'll probably donate some money to the ku ad to use it for one season if they find out about it though. Delete these posts ASAP Mods!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
It doesn't take much to "infringe" on intellectual property rights, see Vanna White vs Samsung.

I highly doubt K-State does much, though they might push it if you don't take it down (because they are for $$$). I only got flack about representing players, they never said anything about my Frank shirts. I'm sure Snyder is a bigger deal to them though.

did they care about using EMAW?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2014, 02:16:29 PM »
War Eeyore

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »
War Egore

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2014, 02:26:43 PM »

If you are putting on shirts to sell, yes.

On spreadshirt (and I assume other sites like it) eventually K-State will contact the website and the site will take stuff down. All stuff they didn't like eventually was taken down (not by me) from my sites in the past, including anything with "EMAW" on it. However, none of my "doom" stuff has ever been taken down (and it shouldn't be) and surprisingly none of my "Bruceketball" stuff has yet either.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »

On spreadshirt (and I assume other sites like it) eventually K-State will contact the website and the site will take stuff down. All stuff they didn't like eventually was taken down (not by me) from my sites in the past, including anything with "EMAW" on it. However, none of my "doom" stuff has ever been taken down (and it shouldn't be) and surprisingly none of my "Bruceketball" stuff has yet either.

Why is goEMAW allowed to exist, then?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2014, 02:47:25 PM »

Why is goPowercat?

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »

Why is goPowercat?

Good question!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 12, 2014, 02:51:51 PM »

The name itself isn't a problem because the site isn't a fee site to make money so they aren't going to fight that. Perhaps they may have an issue if there was premium or something like that, I don't know., but I do know when you slap it on something and try to sell it that it becomes a problem.

I'm assuming gopowercat is licensed with K-State.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2014, 02:52:07 PM »
I think trim carries around a patent or something that he mushes in the faces of those who challenge gE's right to emaw.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »

Why is goPowercat?

Good question!

The name itself isn't a problem because the site isn't a fee site to make money so they aren't going to fight that. Perhaps they may have an issue if there was premium or something like that, I don't know., but I do know when you slap it on something and try to sell it that it becomes a problem.

Perhaps there is no precedence for domain names.  Don't people snatch up domain names they think businesses will pay big bucks for?  I don't know that a company can simple issue a C&E to anyone thinking of acquiring a term they have trademarked, they have to acquire the domain themselves don't they? ~=LAWYERS=~?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2014, 02:57:21 PM »
I think trim carries around a patent or something that he mushes in the faces of those who challenge gE's right to emaw.

It's a letter from Mr. Kstate that gives us cart Blanche to run fools how we want

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2014, 02:59:39 PM »

It's a letter from Mr. Kstate that gives us cart Blanche to run fools how we want

Yeah, I wasn't aware that KSU was screwing around with anyone using emaw or gE.  _FAN, you're good to use either.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »

Yeah, I wasn't aware that KSU was screwing around with anyone using emaw or gE.  _FAN, you're good to use either.

Okay. All stuff with any sort of emaw on it was taken of spreadshirt, but that's been over a year or more.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2014, 03:06:42 PM »
Okay. All stuff with any sort of emaw on it was taken of spreadshirt, but that's been over a year or more.

I was wondering what happened when I tried to replace my shock & goEMAW shirt.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2014, 03:12:08 PM »

Hypothetically, could they could operate unlicensed if they were fully ad-supported? And could gE slap images of Snyder and the Powercat and the words "K-State" on top of the site, since it doesn't charge fees?