Author Topic: Israel - Hamas peace process  (Read 56033 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #825 on: December 21, 2023, 11:31:15 AM »
Okay . . .

#armchair neocons/#blueanoneocon/#neocongE were all saying the same thing back in October.

#armchairneocons/#neocongE got all  :curse: :curse: :curse: about the FOIA'd internal emails from State aka the Clown Car (documented on this blog) discussing how the U.S. could not be sure that aid to Gaza would be used strictly for humanitarian purposes and not siphoned off for Hamas.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 21, 2023, 01:11:09 PM »
That's an AI deep fake

I mean, why wouldn't hamas want to please their patron on his bday?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 21, 2023, 01:30:02 PM »
Everything I don't like is . . . racist, a conspiracy theory, fascist (and now featuring) AI/Deep Fake (#blueanon/#blueanongE)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 21, 2023, 02:15:32 PM »
Everything I don't like is . . . racist, a conspiracy theory, fascist (and now featuring) AI/Deep Fake (#blueanon/#blueanongE)

I don't think hamas/putin is a conspiracy theory.  more like a love story

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #829 on: December 21, 2023, 02:47:49 PM »

Hamas thanks Pedo Pete for the funding

Keeping in mind wherever Samantha and her minions show up.  War usually follows. She’s positively Nulandesque

“In a letter to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Administrator Samantha Power, the lawmakers stress that taxpayer funds sent to Gaza and the West Bank could inadvertently aid Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs) such as Hamas and are seeking documents and information from USAID to ensure U.S.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 02:51:31 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 21, 2023, 03:06:51 PM »

Keeping in mind wherever Samantha and her minions show up.  War usually follows. She’s positively Nulandesque

“In a letter to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Administrator Samantha Power, the lawmakers stress that taxpayer funds sent to Gaza and the West Bank could inadvertently aid Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs) such as Hamas and are seeking documents and information from USAID to ensure U.S.”

hamas didn't attack Israel as a bday gift to Dark Brandon.  nice try

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 02, 2024, 07:26:42 PM »

hamas didn't attack Israel as a bday gift to Dark Brandon.  nice try
Your boy immediately took the Houthi’s off the terror list on day one and your boys state department sent millions to Gaza with virtually no guarantee that funds wouldn’t end up in the hands of Hamas

LMAO at DeflectoDug

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 06, 2024, 01:08:42 PM »
The turntables have turned and I am back on the anti-Israel side of this.

Certainly Israel was in a very, very difficult situation, but to go and make it an officially impossible situation was not the response I was expecting from Israel.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/visual-analysis-shows-60-gaza-now-evacuation-orders/story?id=106079156

How does any Israeli now expect anything less than total commitment from millions of ruined people to absolutely destroy Israel going forward? If I lived in Gaza, and my loved ones had been killed/maimed and my home destroyed, I would dedicate what is left of my life to destroying Israel. That’s how this works.

Serious question for Dax and KK…no gE'ing…what is the economic impact to the United States of losing Israel's influence in the Middle East?  I feel close to being ready to turn off the money to Israel, but concerned that I may not appreciate the implications.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 01:14:09 PM by Pete »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 09, 2024, 08:22:13 AM »
If you watch CNN, their Gaza coverage is vetted through the IDF  :thumbsup:

https://theintercept.com/2024/01/04/cnn-israel-gaza-idf-reporting/

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 09, 2024, 02:19:51 PM »
If you watch CNN, their Gaza coverage is vetted through the IDF  :thumbsup:

https://theintercept.com/2024/01/04/cnn-israel-gaza-idf-reporting/
What is the possible downside to cutting off all support for Israel, in your opinion?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 09, 2024, 02:30:53 PM »
The downside is that will likely be the end of the last (generally) secular democracy in the Middle East.

But support must come with demands.

Everybody talks about Blinks trying to protect civilians. If so, he’s really really shitty at it, then again he’s a shitty ineffectual clown (except in making sure the military industrial complex gets there’s), so no surprise there.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 09, 2024, 03:57:05 PM »
The downside is that will likely be the end of the last (generally) secular democracy in the Middle East.

But support must come with demands.

Everybody talks about Blinks trying to protect civilians. If so, he’s really really shitty at it, then again he’s a shitty ineffectual clown (except in making sure the military industrial complex gets there’s), so no surprise there.
OK, I am on the same page as you when it comes to demanding more of Israel.  However, my question is whether we are really ready to turn our backs on Israel if they do not meet our demands?  What would be the economic and strategic losses if we cut them off?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 09, 2024, 04:41:57 PM »
I suppose if you want you want Libya North in place of Israel and then you'll likely get lots of bad people on the border with Egypt and then you've got issues with controlling the Suez, and well . . . lots of not good things.

You'll have a sophisticated indigenous arms industry fall into the hands of what will likely be not so good people and all the technology that goes with it, plus the nuclear weapons.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 09, 2024, 05:48:20 PM »
I suppose if you want you want Libya North in place of Israel and then you'll likely get lots of bad people on the border with Egypt and then you've got issues with controlling the Suez, and well . . . lots of not good things.

You'll have a sophisticated indigenous arms industry fall into the hands of what will likely be not so good people and all the technology that goes with it, plus the nuclear weapons.
That would be bad. Agree on that.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 09, 2024, 05:51:24 PM »
Bloodthirsty warpig DAX cannot allow the forever war money tap to be turned off. Remember how angry he was when Biden selflessly removed the US from Afghanistan?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 09, 2024, 07:08:11 PM »
Some stoned frontier gibberish from the StalkerBot

#onbrand

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 19, 2024, 09:43:31 AM »
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240119-journalist-confronts-us-state-dept-over-gaza-university-destruction/

This is not the worst thing that the IDF has done, not the most egregious, not the worst or most outrageous thing a spokesperson has done but it is just such a great example of the work that the US does on behalf of Israel when we already have all the relevant information. What are we doing?

Here is another one that of all people TOM FRIEDMAN confronts Blinken with the asymmetry of the Israeli response, I'll leave it to all of you to evaluate if Blinken is being serious with his words, when our actions have been sending weapons to Israel and publicly defending them.

https://youtu.be/X9BS_pNK6vc?si=zWdCeYPPRPFAIKyQ&t=903

Lastly, the latest in the river to the sea discourse that was declared as "genocidal" language in many corners:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/netanyahu-from-river-sea-israel-control-1234949408/

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 19, 2024, 10:29:05 AM »
The thing is, all of this work "raising the issue" and "close discussions at the highest levels" and the embedded claims that we are restraining Israel belies all of the evidence of the tactics being used in this war and the incredible destruction and killing being unleashed on mostly civilians and for what?  Not any sort of lasting peace, that is never going to happen under Netanyahu. So this is all just to further entrench the occupation and make a Palestinian state impossible. This is the purpose.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-01-18-2024-73d552c6e73e0dc3783a0a11b2b5f67d

As for the other stated goals for the conflict:

1) destroying Hamas
2) returning the hostages

those aren't being achieved either:

A sharp divide in Israel’s war leadership has broken into the open after former military chief Gadi Eisenkot called for elections within months and said the government was not being truthful with the public about its offensive against Hamas.

A blunt television interview, in which Eisenkot also declined to say that he trusted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, marked a widening split over key questions such as how to secure the return of hostages held by the Palestinian militant group and planning for after the war.

Eisenkot, a centrist minister and observer to the country’s war cabinet, said in the interview aired on Thursday night: “It is necessary, within a period of months, to return the Israeli voter to the polls and hold elections in order to renew trust because right now there is no trust.”

As well as echoing a call from the opposition for snap elections, he added in the interview, which was recorded over recent weeks, that “we should say bravely that it is impossible to return the hostages alive in the near future without an agreement [with Hamas]”. He said Israel should consider halting the fighting for a “significant” period of time as part of any such deal.

The former military leader, whose 25-year-old reservist son was killed in battle in Gaza last month, said the release of the hostages should be the top priority, but it would not be achieved through military force alone and anyone who said otherwise was “selling fantasies” to the public.

-Financial Times
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 10:34:15 AM by Kat Kid »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 31, 2024, 10:38:40 PM »
https://www.axios.com/2024/01/31/palestine-statehood-biden-israel-gaza-war

let's go

There are several options for U.S. action on this issue, including:

Bilaterally recognizing the state of Palestine.
Not using its veto to block the UN Security Council from admitting Palestine as a full UN member state.
Encouraging other countries to recognize Palestine.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 31, 2024, 10:53:15 PM »
https://www.axios.com/2024/01/31/palestine-statehood-biden-israel-gaza-war

let's go

There are several options for U.S. action on this issue, including:

Bilaterally recognizing the state of Palestine.
Not using its veto to block the UN Security Council from admitting Palestine as a full UN member state.
Encouraging other countries to recognize Palestine.
I’m sold. Count me in.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 31, 2024, 11:06:06 PM »
Is Hamas eradicated yet?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 31, 2024, 11:33:13 PM »
Is Hamas eradicated yet?

Well they tend to headquarter themselves in hospitals and amid women and children soooo...yeah, pretty much wiped out

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 01, 2024, 07:18:04 AM »
Is Hamas eradicated yet?

Well they tend to headquarter themselves in hospitals and amid women and children soooo...yeah, pretty much wiped out

:lol:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 01, 2024, 07:34:10 AM »
Mission Accomplished time to close out this ticket
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 14, 2024, 11:13:31 AM »
Another hospital is evacuated in Gaza where thousands of Gazans are sheltering.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/14/world/middleeast/nasser-hospital-gaza-israel-evacuation.html

What is the end point? Is there anyone here that still supports this?