Author Topic: Israel - Hamas peace process  (Read 58438 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #700 on: October 25, 2023, 12:59:34 PM »
in case anyone would like a very cut-and-dry process for how Israel publicly addresses stuff (and they've only been doing it this way since pretty much always):

1. We haven't heard reports of deaths, we'll check into it
2. People were killed, but by a faulty Palenstinian rocket/bomb
3. OK we killed them, but they were terrorists
4. OK they were civilians, but they were being used as human shields
5. OK there were no fighters in the area, so it was our mistake. But we kill civilians by accident, they do it on purpose!
6. OK we kill far more civilians than they do, but look how terrible other countries are!
7. Why are you still talking about Israel? Are you some kind of anti-semite?

Now do Hamas!!  :excited: :excited:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 25, 2023, 01:02:20 PM »
The New York Times (#blueanon publication of record) - a massive disinformation/misinformation machine, The Squad is not going to be pleased:

The Times’s initial accounts attributed the claim of Israeli responsibility to Palestinian officials, and noted that the Israeli military said it was investigating the blast,”

“However, the early versions of the coverage — and the prominence it received in a headline, news alert and social media channels — relied too heavily on claims by Hamas, and did not make clear that those claims could not immediately be verified,”

Well what we know so far is two pieces of evidence held up by Israel have been debunked.

The missile video shared at the press conference is almost certainly not of the missile that hit the hospital and the audio recording of Hamas operatives was digitally pieced together and likely faked entirely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/24/world/middleeast/gaza-hospital-israel-hamas-video.html
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/20/what-have-open-source-videos-revealed-about-the-gaza-hospital-explosion

Audio analysis says that the missile is coming from the opposite direction Israel claimed:
https://www.npr.org/2023/10/23/1208061552/what-new-analysis-shows-about-the-gaza-hospital-explosion

Other details like "the rocket was launched from a cemetary" have been debunked as well.

The problem with all of this is the size of the crater which is pretty good evidence it was not an Israeli airstrike.

I hope we get a thorough independent investigation.

At this point do you think that would do any good at all?  People already believe what they are going to believe.

I don't really disagree, but I think it is important to know what happened.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 25, 2023, 02:05:44 PM »
in case anyone would like a very cut-and-dry process for how Israel publicly addresses stuff (and they've only been doing it this way since pretty much always):

5. OK there were no fighters in the area, so it was our mistake. But we kill civilians by accident, they do it on purpose!
6. OK we kill far more civilians than they do, but look how terrible other countries are!

i don't think hamas has a perpetual victim complex? could be wrong tho

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 25, 2023, 02:11:29 PM »

Yeah, both sides engage in pretty heavy propaganda and outright lies, is that what you're looking for? The problem here is that one of these bodies is a universally condemned and world recognized terror cell that should be eliminated. The other is an actual country that receives billions of dollars from western allies and is recognized by the united nations.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 02:23:57 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 25, 2023, 02:18:42 PM »

this is like when magas compare the US border to the north korean border

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 25, 2023, 02:28:02 PM »

:lol:Perpetual victim complex huh? Not including recent events I can only think of about 6 million reasons why Israel might have that?  Probs fake news tho.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 25, 2023, 02:31:39 PM »

Yeah, both sides engage in pretty heavy propaganda and outright lies, is that what you're looking for? I will take it. The problem here is that one of these bodies is a universally condemned and world recognized terror cell that should be eliminated. The other is an actual country that receives billions of dollars from western allies and is recognized by the united nations.I won't disagree with you here unless you're saying Hamas shouldn't be viewed as terrorists?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 25, 2023, 02:39:01 PM »

:lol:Perpetual victim complex huh? Not including recent events I can only think of about 6 million reasons why Israel might have that?  Probs fake news tho.

I would continue this conversation, but every time you reply you make it clear just how deeply unserious of a person you are. Charybdis would drown in the depths of your ignorance.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 25, 2023, 02:50:32 PM »

I would continue this conversation, but every time you reply you make it clear just how deeply unserious of a person you are. Charybdis would drown in the depths of your ignorance.

I know right?  I guess instead of using 6 million reasons of having a victim complex I should have just used the butchering of babies, kids and women as an example?  Not to mention the Israeli's that are still kidnapped. 
And to think that I will miss out on your astute knowledge of not only Israel but Israeli tactics.  Man, my ignorance.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 25, 2023, 03:38:03 PM »
Israel has more banners for biden up.  I cannot believe how much that country loves him

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 29, 2023, 08:32:30 PM »
Just a friendly reminder that humanitarian aid - a shipment of flour - was allowed to be delivered to a bakery in Gaza. The Israelis were generous enough to wait until the entire shipment was unloaded before bombing that bakery.

I’m honestly not sure if I believe the story since Israel spent the weekend knocking out all forms of communication in Palestine…no phones, no internet, nothing. So if they can’t even write a blog post about what is happening or call for an ambulance, I’m not sure how this story managed to get out.

Poor Israel, though!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 29, 2023, 08:35:39 PM »
I mean they gave them two weeks to flee to the desert you agendite
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 29, 2023, 08:52:23 PM »
I’m hearing reports that the bakery was a hamas stronghold, please disregard my previous blogpost

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #713 on: October 29, 2023, 09:11:15 PM »
Really sad series (as usual) there for BAC

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2023, 01:44:20 AM »
Really sad series (as usual) there for BAC

Which part, brother?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 30, 2023, 07:18:52 AM »
The last several posts. 

Thus the usage of "series"

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 30, 2023, 08:32:29 AM »
Sorry knucklehead I’ll be more specific what aspect of the afore mentioned content are you taking exception to?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 30, 2023, 11:07:11 AM »
According to many global news outlets (even Fox News), Russians stormed a runway that a flight from Israel was landing on.

That seems really anitisemitc, doesn’t it? 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 30, 2023, 11:09:12 AM »
russia is on the side of hamas.  I don't think real idiot can dispute that now

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 30, 2023, 11:10:20 AM »
According to many global news outlets (even Fox News), Russians Muslims stormed a runway that a flight from Israel was landing on.

Meanwhile #blueaongE/#neocongE ignores the thousands of marches across the globe with chants of clearing out Israel from the river to the sea etc. etc.  Include those that propose the eradication of Israel on the most #blueanon college campuses and streets of our nation.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: October 30, 2023, 11:12:15 AM »
Also, I feel bad for all the Gaza people who are going to be tortured until the hostages are found.  Can you imagine how many are being yanked off the street and brutally butchered to get info?

AND, I don’t blame the IDF one bit for it. Every reasonable human on earth would have concluded this is exactly what would happen if you pulled off what Hamas was planning.  It’s all part of Hamas’ plan.  They knew very well what would happen.

So we dance the dance that Hamas obligated us all to dance…

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 30, 2023, 11:12:58 AM »
#slowduggin lets everyone know that Muslims are on the side of Hamas . . . that's the kind of deep deep analysis that makes the $9.95 a month worth it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 30, 2023, 11:13:37 AM »
According to many global news outlets (even Fox News), Russians Muslims stormed a runway that a flight from Israel was landing on.

Meanwhile #blueaongE/#neocongE ignores the thousands of marches across the globe with chants of clearing out Israel from the river to the sea etc. etc.  Include those that propose the eradication of Israel on the most #blueanon college campuses and streets of our nation.
I think you are in a tough spot.  You and I seem to agree that the IDF has to protect Israel. However, it’s clear to you (and all humans) that Russia is pro-Hamas.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 30, 2023, 11:17:16 AM »

I think you are in a tough spot.  You and I seem to agree that the IDF has to protect Israel. However, it’s clear to you (and all humans) that Russia is pro-Hamas.

I think you I agree that the United States continues to spend billions of dollars to protect the country where billionaire Hamas leaders are holed up, and Western leaders continue to meet with and give an audience to Hamas facilitators like Mahmoud Abbas. 

Trying to point out that a government was trying to free their citizens from captivity as a sign of some kind of alliance is absolutely  :lol: :lol:

The alliance is so strong that our alleged friends took our citizens hostage . . . the deep deep thoughts of #blueanongE/#neocongE

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 30, 2023, 11:20:43 AM »
According to many global news outlets (even Fox News), Russians stormed a runway that a flight from Israel was landing on.

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1718766555582836755?s=20