Author Topic: Surgery  (Read 16538 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Surgery
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
Wow, that chart is incredibly helpful.  It's crazy that medical professionals constantly ask the question but don't have or can't articulate that chart when the patient is all "dunno:

I always thought 0 = it's mumped up enough that I'm here seeking medical help but I can tolerate it no problem b/c I'm not a wuss.  And the numbers 1-10 were like some level of increasing torture you'd go through as a POW.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »
For reference, natural childbirth is generally regarded as an 8, very few people will ever experience 9/10
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2019, 04:54:51 PM »
11/10

Man flu

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2019, 05:46:44 PM »
wow i have never seen those definitions, it truly is very helpful. I always just see the stupid emojis.

I always answer on this scale: the worst pain i have ever experienced is a 3 and the worst pain i can imagine is a 10

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2019, 10:14:35 PM »
Hip replacement booked for January.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »
We can rebuild him...

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2019, 12:06:16 AM »
Hip replacement booked for January.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Let me know if you need any pro tips. 
@mikec2w

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2019, 01:11:11 AM »
My dad just had triple bypass surgery after a heart attack.  They asked him his pain lvl after surgery.  He said 10.  He looked miserable. Could barely talk.  Once they got the chest tubes out it went down to a 2 for him.  They think the tube was pinching a nerve against his rib cage which was causing the intense pain.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2019, 04:47:03 AM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
My dad just had triple bypass surgery after a heart attack.  They asked him his pain lvl after surgery.  He said 10.  He looked miserable. Could barely talk.  Once they got the chest tubes out it went down to a 2 for him.  They think the tube was pinching a nerve against his rib cage which was causing the intense pain.
Damn. Sounds like he is okay now though?
:adios:

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2019, 05:54:57 PM »
Damn. Sounds like he is okay now though?

Supposed to be discharged tomorrow.  Been there since Thanksgiving.  When they operated, the surgeon said his heart was barely beating.  They didn't stop his heart and put him on the heart lung machine because of that. 

Lot of life changes he's going to have to make.  Such as acting like a 76 yr old and not working like he's 30.  That will be hard for him

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2022, 06:40:44 PM »
Modern medicine is amazing. I got me gall bladder removed this morning. I already feel a lot better from not having a gall bladder. I’m up walking around. I’m a little sore & it hurts to stand straight up. Other than that I’m fine. When I’m sitting I feel better now than I did yesterday.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »
Modern medicine is amazing. I got me gall bladder removed this morning. I already feel a lot better from not having a gall bladder. I’m up walking around. I’m a little sore & it hurts to stand straight up. Other than that I’m fine. When I’m sitting I feel better now than I did yesterday.
Glad to hear it. Hope your recovery continues to go well.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2022, 07:30:52 PM »

Scale of 1-10 how good was that propofol?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2022, 07:38:45 PM »
I hope you get to have normal shits soon

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2022, 07:49:52 PM »

I went to the ER Monday night because I had an attack that lasted 4 hours & I started vomiting. They gave me 1 hit in my IV when I got there & it helped some, but not a lot. 45 minutes later they gave me another hit & that felt good. My cousin drove me to CVS at 2:00am to get a Zofran prescription filled. I was leaning on the counter & the pharmacist asked if I was OK. I told her I got another IV pain med pushed & a oxy just before I left 15 minutes earlier. She laughed & told me I looked like I was feeling pretty good.

Today they gave me fentanyl right before they put me out. I guess when I woke up I was in pain & caused my blood pressure to spike. I don’t know what they gave me for that, but I woke up feeling good.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2022, 07:58:13 PM »

I went to the ER Monday night because I had an attack that lasted 4 hours & I started vomiting. They gave me 1 hit in my IV when I got there & it helped some, but not a lot. 45 minutes later they gave me another hit & that felt good. My cousin drove me to CVS at 2:00am to get a Zofran prescription filled. I was leaning on the counter & the pharmacist asked if I was OK. I told her I got another IV pain med pushed & a oxy just before I left 15 minutes earlier. She laughed & told me I looked like I was feeling pretty good.

Today they gave me fentanyl right before they put me out. I guess when I woke up I was in pain & caused my blood pressure to spike. I don’t know what they gave me for that, but I woke up feeling good.

Wait, I confused propofol (Diprivan) with Dilaudid. Dilaudid is the pain med.  The propofol was OK. I was actually disappointed. I usually feel it for 10-15 seconds before falling asleep & it feels great. Today they pushed it & asked if I was feeling it yet. I kind of felt it for a second, then was out. I’m bummed I missed feeling the effects.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2022, 12:09:53 AM »
Jesus, that sucks. Glad you had a successful surgery and feeing better.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2022, 06:06:31 AM »
My mom just had her gall bladder out too!

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2022, 10:51:27 AM »

The feeling that sweeps through your body as they inject fentanyl to induce anesthesia is really something. I have a tendency to be be more sappy than usual when emerging from anesthesia. The last time I had it, I was mumbling to Mrs SSOC about how much I appreciated her giving children to our family and how they are beautiful like her while the nurse encouraged me to remain calm and take deep breaths.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2022, 11:41:54 AM »
The feeling that sweeps through your body as they inject fentanyl to induce anesthesia is really something. I have a tendency to be be more sappy than usual when emerging from anesthesia. The last time I had it, I was mumbling to Mrs SSOC about how much I appreciated her giving children to our family and how they are beautiful like her while the nurse encouraged me to remain calm and take deep breaths.

Being put to sleep is a great feeling. I loved the upper GI scope they did last year. I felt nothing from the scope, then I came home & slept 3 more hours. I woke up feeling the best I’d felt in years.

I always come out different. One time I came out very angry yelling “I’m in pain get me some rough ridin' Toradol now.”

My best friend died of cancer that they found while he was under. The doctor told his wife, then he woke up to his wife crying & she had to tell him. My wife told me when I woke up yesterday I just kept asking if they found cancer and if the doctor “Amanda’d her” like they did to my friend’s wife. My wife said I asked 20 times but I only remember once.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2022, 02:08:59 PM »
sounds like gall bladders are for pussies

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2022, 04:03:00 PM »
That's just mean.  I mean offending the good name of pussy cat.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.