Author Topic: Let's talk Auburn...  (Read 41042 times)

The Big Train

Re: Let's talk Auburn...
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2014, 06:24:12 PM »
this guy melted down pretty hard in here

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »
Guy seems kind of sensitive.

Offline MPP

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2014, 04:40:51 PM »
Hi. I know very little about Kansas St. or about the game with my alma mater (Auburn) except that it is the second half a home and home from 2007 and that Everydayshouldbesaturday.com used to relentlessly run down Ron Prince. And what the hell, a trip to Manhattan, KS is more interesting than playing Clemson for the 723rd time so, screw it, let's have some fun.

I don't really want to but if I have to, I'll Google some totally irrelevant stats about median temperature and humidity affecting the game or some such nonsense. I know we haven't won a non-conference road game since Thomas Jefferson was coaching VMI but I'm not sure stuff like that has any bearing on the outcome next Thursday.

But it's your house so if that stuff is expected, just let me know. I'm flexible.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2014, 04:45:28 PM »
Hi. I know very little about Kansas St. or about the game with my alma mater (Auburn) except that it is the second half a home and home from 2007 and that Everydayshouldbesaturday.com used to relentlessly run down Ron Prince. And what the hell, a trip to Manhattan, KS is more interesting than playing Clemson for the 723rd time so, screw it, let's have some fun.

I don't really want to but if I have to, I'll Google some totally irrelevant stats about median temperature and humidity affecting the game or some such nonsense. I know we haven't won a non-conference road game since Thomas Jefferson was coaching VMI but I'm not sure stuff like that has any bearing on the outcome next Thursday.

But it's your house so if that stuff is expected, just let me know. I'm flexible.
Do what you want.  :cheers:

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
Auburn hasn't seen a crowd as hostile as the one they'll see in Manhattan.  They'll roll over

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »
Yeah, I think they're going to be pretty intimidated by the crowd.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
Auburn hasn't seen a crowd as hostile as the one they'll see in Manhattan.  They'll roll over

You have no idea....it will get ugly.
@mikec2w

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »

You have no idea....it will get ugly.

It holds what? 50k? Hell, even Vaught-Hemingway in Oxford is bigger than that. Some of our players might have flashbacks to their high school days playing in such a tiny venue.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2014, 05:07:57 PM »

The only thing that sucks is how far away the students are from the visitors bench.  I still can't understand why we put all the big money donors there since they just sit on their hands and never make any noise.

bears are fast...

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »

The only thing that sucks is how far away the students are from the visitors bench.  I still can't understand why we put all the big money donors there since they just sit on their hands and never make any noise.

That sounds familiar. We have family season tickets at Auburn that we have had since the 60's and are on the 50 yard line about 30 rows up. I hate sitting in those because everyone around those seats are about 90 years old. I much prefer our seats in the endzone......

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »

That guy rolls over, just like you do, but when you come back up, there is going to be tears instead of laughter. What I am trying to say, is it will start out like this :ROFL: and then end like this  :bawl:

SICK BURN!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »
So is Auburn just a fancy name for Alabama State? Like, its how creoles pronounce it or something?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »

That sounds familiar. We have family season tickets at Auburn that we have had since the 60's and are on the 50 yard line about 30 rows up. I hate sitting in those because everyone around those seats are about 90 years old. I much prefer our seats in the endzone......

I hear ya, brotha... Our stadium, partly because it's so small, just seems really dead and is not intimidating at all. 

I've always maintained that if they'd move the students down from the upper deck, get the band out of the endzone and find away to teach people to cheer loudly when we are on DEFENSE rather than offense, we'd have a better chance to pull off some upsets.

As it is, the false start penalties we cause our own team are just drive killers.  Hopefully, the visiting Auburn fans can give us some pointers on what we can do better to attain a more SEC-SEC-SEC level of enthusiasm...  Striped ties and button downs would be a great place to start, amirite?

:cheers:
bears are fast...

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2014, 06:52:54 PM »
Nailed it, Bookie...

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2014, 08:03:38 PM »

I hear ya, brotha... Our stadium, partly because it's so small, just seems really dead and is not intimidating at all. 

I've always maintained that if they'd move the students down from the upper deck, get the band out of the endzone and find away to teach people to cheer loudly when we are on DEFENSE rather than offense, we'd have a better chance to pull off some upsets.

As it is, the false start penalties we cause our own team are just drive killers.  Hopefully, the visiting Auburn fans can give us some pointers on what we can do better to attain a more SEC-SEC-SEC level of enthusiasm...  Striped ties and button downs would be a great place to start, amirite?

:cheers:
It must be sad that the fanciest event they have to look forward to all year involves a white tablecloth over a candelabra bedecked folding table in a parking lot.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »
Teams like Auburn, Oregon, and Baylor are hard for the Cats because they are better both athletically and schematically. You can overcome one but you can't overcome both.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2014, 09:28:50 PM »
Teams like Auburn, Oregon, and Baylor are hard for the Cats because they are better both athletically and schematically. You can overcome one but you can't overcome both.

Say what you want but I am expecting a good game. I think Auburn pulls away late because our depth of talent but it will be a damn good one.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »

Say what you want but I am expecting a good game. I think Auburn pulls away late because our depth of talent but it will be a damn good one.

I hope y'all start running a bunch of 2's & 3's in at some point... Snyder will scheme the ever-living crap outta the backups.

:billdance:
bears are fast...

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »

Yes, if you pull away late its because your backup left guard is very good. Depth is key in these games. I mean, what if our backup longsnapper isn't as good as yours?

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2014, 11:25:57 PM »

I hope y'all start running a bunch of 2's & 3's in at some point... Snyder will scheme the ever-living crap outta the backups.

:billdance:
You will see "backups" on defense all night long. We generally play about 10 guys on DL alone every game and often wear down OL's because of it. Our talent is deep there.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »

i'm a delusional idiot for handicapping as a 14-17 point favorite

I agree completely.
bears are fast...

Offline autryn2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2014, 08:36:55 AM »

Yes, if you pull away late its because your backup left guard is very good. Depth is key in these games. I mean, what if our backup longsnapper isn't as good as yours?

I really like this quote.... and wish I had come to this thread first...
My opinion of your board (members) have increased because of this thread....

For myself, I think there are so many upper classmen on our team, I don't think they will be much affected by the atmosphere in your stadium, although it may be very load... Playing in Manhattan just won't be as bad as playing in Jordan Hare West (Our name for the bama stadium since we OWN it)...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2014, 08:38:29 AM »
That is a pretty clever name for Bama's stadium. 

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2014, 08:41:29 AM »

i'm a delusional idiot for handicapping as a 14-17 point favorite

I agree completely.

i'd happily bet Auburn -14 against you if the line gets there.

vegas has underrated auburn 11 straight games.

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2014, 08:54:32 AM »
That is a pretty clever name for Bama's stadium.

for a good long while it was extremely accurate.  up until just a few years ago, through circumstance, we'd always brag that bama had never beaten AU at bama's home.  they did get 2 revenge thrashings very recently though that fixed that.