Author Topic: Let's talk Auburn...  (Read 40576 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk Auburn...
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2014, 09:45:39 AM »
If Auburn doesn't win by at least 3 TD's than their entire staff needs to be fired before they even get on the plane to go back home.

catzacker

« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »
If Auburn doesn't win by at least 3 TD's than their entire staff needs to be fired before they even get on the plane to go back home.

I agree with this.  In each and every position on the field, auburn has a more talented player.  maybe, maybe it's a push at one WR position with Lockett.  This reminds me of '96 and '10 when we played Nebraska at home early in the season. Everyone was thinking we had a shot and then they just came in and rolled us.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2014, 10:21:39 AM »
I am a big Auburn fan and have seen almost no Kansas State football this season, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

You guys are overreacting to your close game against Iowa State. The Auburn game has been circled since last season on Kansas State's schedule. It will be a night game in your own building against a top 5 team. A morning game in Ames is easy to look past when you have such a big game coming up. This will be the first road game Auburn has played since Tennessee in early November last season.

That being said, the problems your team has are probably real because even looking past Iowa State, you shouldn't be giving up 28 points in a half to them. However, Auburn has problems of their own. Our secondary can give up big plays and we are not the best tackling team. Our defensive line is good and if they get penetration/pressure it will almost certainly be a long night for you... but if your O-Line can hold up, you will be able to move the ball both on the ground and through the air.

Auburn's offense is no joke though. Nick Marshall's passing ability is questionable at best, but nobody has really been able to stop the read option. Corey Grant is one of the fastest players in college football, and Cameron Artis-Payne has been very effective running between the tackles. I think he is averaging about 7 yards per carry this season right now. Even Florida State with all of their NFL talent on defense gave up a ton of yards on the ground to us.

If I were handicapping the game, I'd make Auburn a 14-17 point favorite in a high scoring game (over/under in the mid-high 60s). I look forward to seeing the game in person next Thursday.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »
nobody has really been able to stop the read option. Corey Grant is one of the fastest players in college football

turn out the lights.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »
nobody has really been able to stop the read option. Corey Grant is one of the fastest players in college football

turn out the lights.

They had nearly 600 yards of total offense against Arkansas.   Artis-Payne had 181 yards.

Auburn's back-up QB was 12 for 16, 246 yards and 2 TD's vs Arkansas.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »
Nobody had the Auburn game circled on their calendar. Good grief, we play in the Big 12, get off your SEC high horse.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2014, 10:47:11 AM »
They will put up close to seven hundred yards and sixty points on ourdefense. 
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2014, 10:56:25 AM »
I am a big Auburn fan and have seen almost no Kansas State football this season, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

You guys are overreacting to your close game against Iowa State. The Auburn game has been circled since last season on Kansas State's schedule. It will be a night game in your own building against a top 5 team. A morning game in Ames is easy to look past when you have such a big game coming up. This will be the first road game Auburn has played since Tennessee in early November last season.

That being said, the problems your team has are probably real because even looking past Iowa State, you shouldn't be giving up 28 points in a half to them. However, Auburn has problems of their own. Our secondary can give up big plays and we are not the best tackling team. Our defensive line is good and if they get penetration/pressure it will almost certainly be a long night for you... but if your O-Line can hold up, you will be able to move the ball both on the ground and through the air.

Auburn's offense is no joke though. Nick Marshall's passing ability is questionable at best, but nobody has really been able to stop the read option. Corey Grant is one of the fastest players in college football, and Cameron Artis-Payne has been very effective running between the tackles. I think he is averaging about 7 yards per carry this season right now. Even Florida State with all of their NFL talent on defense gave up a ton of yards on the ground to us.

If I were handicapping the game, I'd make Auburn a 14-17 point favorite in a high scoring game (over/under in the mid-high 60s). I look forward to seeing the game in person next Thursday.

You, sir, are a delusional idiot. 

Let me summarize the rest of your post:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: SEC-SEC-SEC!! :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »
Also, sak, you'll wanna bet your double-wide on Auburn when the line opens in the 4-6 point range...

:Wha:
bears are fast...

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2014, 11:15:36 AM »

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: SEC-SEC-SEC!! :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

i'm a delusional idiot for handicapping as a 14-17 point favorite? it opened at 13 before the season began. that was when we didn't know how our offense would look after replacing a heisman finalist and maybe the best offensive ineman in the country. not to mention before you guys almost dropped a game to iowa state.

incidentally, auburn has covered the spread in 11 straight games.

i thought i was giving you the straight dope. if you think a 14 point spread is delusional, then bet the farm on kansas state because you will have the opportunity to do so.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »

i'm a delusional idiot for handicapping as a 14-17 point favorite? it opened at 13 before the season began. that was when we didn't know how our offense would look after replacing a heisman finalist and maybe the best offensive ineman in the country. not to mention before you guys almost dropped a game to iowa state.

incidentally, auburn has covered the spread in 11 straight games.

i thought i was giving you the straight dope. if you think a 14 point spread is delusional, then bet the farm on kansas state because you will have the opportunity to do so.

I think he means a 14 pt. spread is to low?  :idk:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »
Also, sak, you'll wanna bet your double-wide on Auburn when the line opens in the 4-6 point range...

it opened at 13 before the season started. what makes you think it will swing that much?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »
Auburn hasn't seen a crowd as hostile as the one they'll see in Manhattan.  They'll roll over

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2014, 12:04:49 PM »

it opened at 13 before the season started. what makes you think it will swing that much?

A) it was quickly bet down to 8

B) Massey currently has it projected at 6 & Sagarin at 2. While not always accurate on game outcomes, are very solid in projecting lines as their algo's are VERY similar to those used to set lines.

C) Vegas books aren't fooled by the media.

Books might bait all the SEC-SEC-SEC lemmings at 7.5, but I doubt it's much over that if at all. Most outside the  SEC-SEC-SEC realize what a fluke the barners were last year & how evenly matched these teams really are.  The best team in your overhyped league got absolutely skull-mumped by OU in the Sugar, NU (a mediocre big 10 team) handled Georgia pretty easily and y'all needed MIRACLES at home to beat both. Talk to me about giving up 21 to piggy AT HOME . They're worse than Iowa State.

Have fun in Manhattan.
bears are fast...

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
arkansas is worse than iowa state? funny because i don't think arkansas got blown out by an FCS team yesterday.

and uh, link to where it was bet down to 8? i saw it drop to 11.5.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
oh, and re: oklahoma/alabama.

if by "best team in the SEC" you mean "did not reach the SEC title game" and "skullf****" you mean" "outgained by about 100 yards and had a 7 point lead in the final minute before closing the game with a scoop and score" then... okay.

what is the Big 12's record in the cotton bowl over the last 10 years? Serious question, I don't know the answer... it just seems like every year the SEC wins it.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »
and also... when you say nebraska handled georgia easily... you do realize it was a 5 point game where georgia outgained the huskers by over 100 yards, right?

and like you said, auburn beat them both.

furthermore, you do realize nebraska is in the big 10 not big 12, right?

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »
did my own research... no current member of the big 12 has a win in the cotton bowl over the last decade.

and again, link to where the game was bet down from 13 to 8.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2014, 12:28:17 PM »
did my own research... no current member of the big 12 has a win in the cotton bowl over the last decade.

Toothless hillbilly.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2014, 12:30:34 PM »
Awwww burn!

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »
arkansas is worse than iowa state? funny because i don't think arkansas got blown out by an FCS team yesterday.

and uh, link to where it was bet down to 8? i saw it drop to 11.5.

Did arky play NDSU? The Bison would destroy pig aggy.  :lol:

It got to 8 at 5dimes.eu, but you'll have to trust me on that as I have no reason to lie about it & "big game futures" lines are no longer on the board as the season has started.

bears are fast...

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
It used to be we could make a big play in the return game to make up for our lack of offense or defense but I don't see that happening this year, so yeah its gonna be bad

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »

You may wanna avoid that talking point... Two middle of the road Big12 teams are wrecking shop in the toothless SEC-SEC-SEC.

:ROFL:
bears are fast...

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2014, 12:56:30 PM »

A) it was quickly bet down to 8

B) Massey currently has it projected at 6 & Sagarin at 2. While not always accurate on game outcomes, are very solid in projecting lines as their algo's are VERY similar to those used to set lines.

C) Vegas books aren't fooled by the media.

Books might bait all the SEC-SEC-SEC lemmings at 7.5, but I doubt it's much over that if at all. Most outside the  SEC-SEC-SEC realize what a fluke the barners were last year & how evenly matched these teams really are.  The best team in your overhyped league got absolutely skull-mumped by OU in the Sugar, NU (a mediocre big 10 team) handled Georgia pretty easily and y'all needed MIRACLES at home to beat both. Talk to me about giving up 21 to piggy AT HOME . They're worse than Iowa State.

Have fun in Manhattan.
I like this guy.

Gonna win 'em all!