Good luck mounting a 3x120mm radiator in your Apple case  :lol:

OH, IKNOWRITE!

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Apple
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »
I don't own anything apple but their stuff is the sexy.  THE SEXY 

This. Too bad it's mostly poorly engineered or has a complete lack of thought for function and ergonomics.
this is just stupid.
the only thing that i can think of that was poorly designed ergonomically was their first couple of mice.  the new super mouse is incred well designed. 

regarding functional engineeing, LOL at trying to talk smack on that mac pro superg pointed to.  or my imac for that matter. 

iphones- no removable battery, yellow spots on screen, glass that shatters way too easily, etc.

imacs- severe issues with yellows screens, even stopped production. Other than that huge flaw, this and the Mac Pro are by far the two best products.

No, the Magic Mouse still sucks. Sorry. Everyone of the predecessors was awful.

This is an overly stupid rant that hits some good points- http://gizmodo.com/5537348/adam-carolla-complains-about-apple

There's plenty more. My biggest gripe goes beyond just simple engineering. It is about how closed the systems are. They don't offer much in terms of power, and have no way to upgrade most of your system. They limit features based on what they want. I want the choice of having any features I want. But that's just me.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2010, 02:06:26 PM »

I'm taking it thats the only thing you have been mounting lately isn't it.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »

I'm taking it thats the only thing you have been mounting lately isn't it.

:surprised: <-- finally got to use this
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »
evga :lol:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »
The best part about Apple is that when you buy something from them, it just fracking works.  It just works.  You take it out of the box, plug in a couple of cords, and go.  Not 16 cords, 13 disks, 184 drivers, then anti virus that you have no idea whether or not it is doing anything or not.  Since I have had my Mac, I have had no popups, Apple hasn't asked me once if I was sure I wanted to do anything even though I always clicked the box that says don't ask me again, and I have not had one problem.  (waiting for computer to explode before I get done typing)

FYI- before you computer nerds reply, I admit I am a computer Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  I can see where you doodz that know how to fix and upgrade computers and stuff would hate Apple.   :cheers:

:users:  <------ me but without that big box underneath my monitor and with a nice flat screen monitor and elite magic mouse.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2010, 10:21:38 PM »

Best customer service, and best warranty, by far.  Last ASUS RMA I had was sent back with physical damage.

The best part about Apple is that when you buy something from them, it just fracking works.  It just works.  You take it out of the box, plug in a couple of cords, and go.  Not 16 cords, 13 disks, 184 drivers, then anti virus that you have no idea whether or not it is doing anything or not.  Since I have had my Mac, I have had no popups, Apple hasn't asked me once if I was sure I wanted to do anything even though I always clicked the box that says don't ask me again, and I have not had one problem.  (waiting for computer to explode before I get done typing)

FYI- before you computer nerds reply, I admit I am a computer Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  I can see where you doodz that know how to fix and upgrade computers and stuff would hate Apple.   :cheers:

:users:  <------ me but without that big box underneath my monitor and with a nice flat screen monitor and elite magic mouse.

Pop ups are not related to the operating system, Macs can get viruses too, and no hardware can function without drivers, drivers are ALWAYS required.

I know, I know I am definitely taking the bait.  :bait: :bait: :bait: :bait: :bait: :bait: (<- except biting)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »

Best customer service, and best warranty, by far.  Last ASUS RMA I had was sent back with physical damage.

Pop ups are not related to the operating system, Macs can get viruses too, and no hardware can function without drivers, drivers are ALWAYS required.

I know, I know I am definitely taking the bait.  :bait: :bait: :bait: :bait: :bait: :bait: (<- except biting)
pfffffft.  Hey Hemmy.  How is Gilbert and that gay guy that can throw the javelin real far?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2010, 09:16:03 AM »

pfffffft.  Hey Hemmy.  How is Gilbert and that gay guy that can throw the javelin real far?

OMG LOL, Lamar.  I can totally see Hemmy hanging out with Lamar and Booger.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:38 AM »

I used macs for a couple years. If you are a computer Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and won't be using it for much more than web surfing, it's probably great for you. If you're doing anything more involved than that, I found Macs to be seriously limited and have serious flaws when it comes time to do stuff you need to. Some of the stuff you talked about is just because it's an open system. If PC's shipped with just a handful of  configurations, there would be no need for it to have custom drivers or anything. I would much rather have the ability to have the most up to date hardware and advanced drivers capable of basic things Macs are strangely missing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »

I used macs for a couple years. If you are a computer Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and won't be using it for much more than web surfing, it's probably great for you. If you're doing anything more involved than that, I found Macs to be seriously limited and have serious flaws when it comes time to do stuff you need to. Some of the stuff you talked about is just because it's an open system. If PC's shipped with just a handful of  configurations, there would be no need for it to have custom drivers or anything. I would much rather have the ability to have the most up to date hardware and advanced drivers capable of basic things Macs are strangely missing.

yup, Macs are not good for anything more involved than web surfing.  you can't make this crap up folks!

holy rough ridin' crap that's a great post

lamar

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
They knew.  Will it affect perception of the brand much? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38260210/ns/technology_and_science-wireless/

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
I think it already has affected the brand perception but the bigger question is does that even matter?  I don't think it does. It's a pretty good study in social economics.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2010, 11:35:13 AM »

yup, Macs are not good for anything more involved than web surfing.  you can't make this crap up folks!

Not for anything I used them for. Architecture, graphic design (despite them being popular in this field, I'll argue to the death that they're awful for this), 3D modeling, etc. It proved to lack basic necessary features and grew incredibly unstable when you taxed the system regularly. I'm sure they're good for something medium to high end. I do not know what it is.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:40:18 AM by ew2x4 »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2010, 11:48:01 AM »
ok cause you said they weren't good for anything much more than web surfing.  glad you cleared that up for us :lol:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »
I don't know much about computers but I do know I just had my second ipod quit on me in the past year and a half. The headphone jack went out both times and I end up with only one headphone working.
 :chainsaw:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2010, 12:15:01 PM »
They knew.  Will it affect perception of the brand much? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38260210/ns/technology_and_science-wireless/

I picked mine up the other day.  The signal monitor does change quite a bit when I hold it in my left hand.  No dropped calls yet.  Pretty fantastic upgrade from the 3g IMO.  The new screen is amazing.  Maybe I'll get free bumpers Friday  :pbj:

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »
I don't know much about computers but I do know I just had my second ipod quit on me in the past year and a half. The headphone jack went out both times and I end up with only one headphone working.
 :chainsaw:

sansa FTW

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »
ok cause you said they weren't good for anything much more than web surfing.  glad you cleared that up for us :lol:

I'm still not convinced that they're not.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2010, 02:04:35 PM »
ok cause you said they weren't good for anything much more than web surfing.  glad you cleared that up for us :lol:

ok hemmy

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »

ok hemmy

hemmy- hates anything he doesn't have

me- hates things if I have good reason to after I've used them for years

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »
Secunia ranks Apple first in software insecurity, Safari said to have AutoFill vulnerability

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/22/secunia-ranks-apple-first-in-software-insecurity-safari-said-to/

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
"security through obscurity"

The Big Train

« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
 :excited:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »
Wow what a great thread. This site was much better in 2010 than it is now, no question.