Author Topic: Uconn joins Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, UNC and UCLA as cbb's newest blue blood  (Read 10278 times)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
We all know to be considered a blue blood you have to have at least four national championships.  IMO there couldn't be a more deserving school than Uconn to join the club.  So who will be the seventh member?  Probably Louisville.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
@lopakman

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
yeah, sad cardinal is rolling under stud Pitino and has one of the best venues for college basketball

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't sleep on Arizona, Miller has them heading in the right direction

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Give the mayor a few more years and ISU will be in the hunt!!

Move to the discussion of Big 12 or something.  ISU is 4 titles away from BB status

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
this is an interesting topic
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I rank schools by how well they have done during the life of the players they are recruiting.

UCONN just won their 4th title in the last 20 years.  Players and their parents will be keenly aware of UCONN's success.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I rank schools by how well they have done during the life of the players they are recruiting.

UCONN just won their 4th title in the last 20 years.  Players and their parents will be keenly aware of UCONN's success.

15 years if we want to get technical. Even more impressive.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Never understood why ku fans claim to be a blue blood when they only have 3 titles.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
seriously though, and i'm not saying this to get a rise out of ku fans, i would never do that (being serious), their lack of titles is concerning given their regular season success.  even so, they're a really fine program and their fans should be proud of that.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
seriously though, and i'm not saying this to get a rise out of ku fans, i would never do that (being serious), their lack of titles is concerning given their regular season success.  even so, they're a really fine program and their fans should be proud of that.

Agreed, especially considering the number of 1 and 2 seeds they have had

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Agreed.  Being a 1 or 2 seed is a ton of fun.  I am jealous of how often they get to enjoy that.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Agreed.  Being a 1 or 2 seed is a ton of fun.  I am jealous of how often they get to enjoy that.

they don't enjoy it though  :frown:  curse of the phog
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

That's just ridiculous.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile

Agreed.  It would be fun to be a #1 or #2 seed nearly every year.  It's too bad they can't capitalize on it more and transition from a top tier 2 program to a blue blood.   
 :frown:
@lopakman

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

15 years if we want to get technical. Even more impressive.

unreal, us high schoolers have seen UCONN win 4 titles, Kentucky win 3, Duke 2, UNC 2, and Florida 2, in our short lifetime.. yet, my poor grandpa, a proud Ottawa U. grad and KU bball supporter, has only got to witness 2 titles from them in his 61 years of life.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
KU has eight Final Fours and two national titles in my 28 years of existence.  It's been a rough stretch, no doubt.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Probably speaks more to the strength of the Big 8 / Big 12 than anything.  :frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I thought this thread was for Bluebloods?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
sad, but lets get back on topic.

the obvious BB's are the following.. in no particular order, but kind of, ya know:

UCLA: 11 titles, 1 in the last 20 years
Kentucky: 8 titles, 3 in the last 20 years
UCONN: 4 titles, all in the last 15 years
Duke: 4 titles, all in the last 25 years
North Carolina: 5 titles, 3 in the last 21 years

you've got to look into these leftovers to see who can make a run to join, but it would take a lot of titles:

Indiana: 5 nattys, 0 in the last 25 years. One title gets them back in the convo, may take 2 to solidify.
Florida: 2 nattys, both in the last 10 years. 2 gets them in the convo, 3 to solidify.
Louisville: 3 nattys, 1 in the last 25 years. One title gets them in the convo, 2 would be rock solid.
Kansas: 3 nattys, 1 in the last 25 years. One title might get them in the convo, 2 and you have a decent argument.
Michigan St: 2 nattys, 1 in the last 15 years. 2 is nice, 3 puts them in the convo.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
What goEMAW really needs right now is another thread that passively aggressively tries to deny KU's blueblood status.  That would be really funny and original, imo.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU has eight Final Fours and two national titles in my 28 years of existence.  It's been a rough stretch, no doubt.

So close to getting over the hump, I think sooner than later it will happen. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
What goEMAW really needs right now is another thread that passively aggressively tries to deny KU's blueblood status.  That would be really funny and original, imo.

How about one where you whine about the threads on a Kstate message board?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
I would argue that championships before the field expanded to 64 teams should be thrown out. Duke and UCONN each have 4, UNC and Kentucky each have 3. The bluest of the blue right there.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
What a long off season this is going to be for beems.