Author Topic: Uconn joins Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, UNC and UCLA as cbb's newest blue blood  (Read 10304 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile

i'm fascinated by man on man kisses. a dude can either do 'em or he can't. no middle ground here.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
KU has eight Final Fours and two national titles in my 28 years of existence.  It's been a rough stretch, no doubt.

Oh man, I bet you partied your ass off back in 1988 when you were two years old.   :party:
@lopakman

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Don't worry Beems, keep bagging 1 and 2 seeds and eventually you'll match blueblood status.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
UCLA: 11 titles, 1 in the last 20 years
Kentucky: 8 titles, 3 in the last 20 years
UCONN: 4 titles, all in the last 15 years
Duke: 4 titles, all in the last 25 years
North Carolina: 5 titles, 3 in the last 21 years

last night made me think of this thread. what a great night of basketball, a national audience getting to watch 2 of the 5 blue bloods dominate inferior opponents.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Where is mich state?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
What a long off season this is going to be for beems.
I didn't mean it. I miss you. Come back.  :frown:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Where is mich state?

oops, i have them at 5th in the leftover pile.

Duke: 4 titles, all in the last 25 years

you've got to look into these leftovers to see who can make a run to join, but it would take a lot of titles:

Indiana: 5 nattys, 0 in the last 25 years. One title gets them back in the convo, may take 2 to solidify.
Florida: 2 nattys, both in the last 10 years. 2 gets them in the convo, 3 to solidify.
Louisville: 3 nattys, 1 in the last 25 years. One title gets them in the convo, 2 would be rock solid.
Kansas: 3 nattys, 1 in the last 25 years. One title might get them in the convo, 2 and you have a decent argument.
Michigan St: 2 nattys, 1 in the last 15 years. 2 is nice, 3 puts them in the convo.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's pretty amazing that UConn has twice put themselves at the pinnacle of the college basketball world by winning men's and women's natty's in the same year.   

What is it?  14 combined b-ball natty's for UConn in the last 20 years or so?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
seriously though, and i'm not saying this to get a rise out of ku fans, i would never do that (being serious), their lack of titles is concerning given their regular season success.  even so, they're a really fine program and their fans should be proud of that.

Good thing their fans don't care about national titles like blue blood schools do. Their regular season success keeps them happy and Bill Self's seat cold. Could you imagine if Bill was coaching Duke and had the same conference title:national title ratio?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Blue bloods: the rich get richer.

Duke: 5 titles, all in the last 25 years

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ku fans just need to count their lucky stars Memphis gave away the title in 2008. Otherwise Duke, Uconn UNC, and UK would have 15 titles combined since Their 88 title. 

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/ESPNCBB/status/585283243471151104

the ku fans replying to this tweet are extra salty because they don't understand that AAU & Helms titles don't count.

bears are fast...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What could be invalid about titles from the early 20s that were awarded in the early 40s by a committee of 1 person?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:38:11 AM by ksu_FAN »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
What could be invalid about titles from the early 20s that were awarded in the early 40s by a committee of 1 person?

:lol:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Man, when I think of gold standard in college basketball, I think of Duke.

How many times has K reinvented himself and what he does?  Three?  He's won with veteran kids that stay all four years, he won with a hybrid of both, and now he's one-and-done'ing it like he's Calipari.

I mean, man, if I'm a five-star stud, and I'm looking at Duke vs. Kansas, there's no question about who I play for.  K can get you titles and a fat NBA contract.  Probably a preferable spot on that National team, too.

Oh, and if you stay four years, you have a degree.  From Duke.

It's just not fair.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Beautiful

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Beautiful

I mean, I'm pretty sure Bill Schroeder did the absolute best possible research that he could in the early 40s, but I'd also guess the amount of college basketball information from nearly 20 years earlier was pretty slim. For example, he might have missed the fact that the 1922 Missouri team finished with a better record than KU (16-1 compared to 16-2) and that KU and MU split the 2 game series that season. Perhaps that KC Athletic Club team (the other team that beat KU that season) was a real juggernaut, so that 2nd loss really didn't count toward determining that national champion? :dunno:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Beautiful

Coach K is just BITB.

UCONN doesn't get talked about enough. They have been amazing in the torn-a-ment.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Beautiful
I can hear the sarcasm, but let's be fair to that one guy. He did watch all of the video available from every ncaa basketball game throughout the first 30 years of the 1900's.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
With last nights game, and it being 2017: When you think blue bloods, who comes to mind?

UCLA: 11 titles
Kentucky: 8 titles
North Carolina: 6 titles
Duke: 5 titles

It's UK, UNC, Duke, and UCLA for me. A few schools (UCONN has 4 championships in like the last 17 years and if Indiana could have some more recent success to match their old school 5 titles) I could be convinced they're blue. Then there are some schools (Louisville and KU) that could maybe join if they would win on the big stage a few times in the near future.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
With last nights game, and it being 2017: When you think blue bloods, who comes to mind?

UCLA: 11 titles
Kentucky: 8 titles
North Carolina: 6 titles
Duke: 5 titles

It's UK, UNC, Duke, and UCLA for me. A few schools (UCONN has 4 championships in like the last 17 years and if Indiana could have some more recent success to match their old school 5 titles) I could be convinced they're blue. Then there are some schools (Louisville and KU) that could maybe join if they would win on the big stage a few times in the near future.

I can't argue with your facts. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you have to have more than 1 title in the past 40 years to be a blue blood, sorry UCLA

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you have to have more than 1 title in the past 40 years to be a blue blood, sorry UCLA

I'm listening.

Along those lines, it's pretty incredible to think the kids that are being recruited these days have seen UCONN win 3 or 4 tourneys.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it's those 4. I UCLA's sheer number of titles keeps then in the talks.

I agree with rhe rest of your assertions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk