Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 361659 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

missandei yelling out dracarys was weird to me
I took it as fairly lame foreshadowing.

What? She's telling dany to #bid

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
This is easily the worst episode of the series, imho.

every episode for three years has been easily the worst.

Naw, I've been mostly fine with everything except the dorne adventure. Season 6 is great. Season 7 was a step back but enjoyable. I liked easing into season 8 and all the reunions. Got usually ends strong, so I still have hope but it's deteriorating quickly.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
such an expansive show coming to an end with all character threads merging into one was always going to be hard for some of you to deal with

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the giant crossbows are GOTs version of the TLJ hyperspace kamikaze

youre telling me that in 10000 years of continuous warfare (presumably including normal size crossbows) nobody thought of scaling up the crossbow to murk dragons and wreck entire fleets?

I don't have any issue with them building a ballista to shoot at dragons. They are just way too accurate. It would be really hard to hit a flying dragon with a heavy bolt from a ship bobbing up and down on the water from more than 100 yards away.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
They're made by the same guy who made a zombie, I think they're some magic involved here.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
They're made by the same guy who made a zombie, I think they're some magic involved here.

Dragon seeking bolts!!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is easily the worst episode of the series, imho.

every episode for three years has been easily the worst.

Naw, I've been mostly fine with everything except the dorne adventure. Season 6 is great. Season 7 was a step back but enjoyable. I liked easing into season 8 and all the reunions. Got usually ends strong, so I still have hope but it's deteriorating quickly.

I'd add a few other really dumb plot lines, but otherwise agree.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
jaimie is way too good-looking for brienne. most unrealistic part of the show so far.
Dude has only one hand. Probably affects his self-esteem a bit. Plus, he was nailing his sister before. Isn't not incest an upgrade from incest no matter who he was boinking before?

Maybe Jamie loves and respects Breanne? That makes up for a lot of physical shortcomings, even for men. I actually liked this development.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's Brienne (unless Breanne is a nickname joke that i don't get)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m also still a big fan of the entire Arya storyline, and I hope they don’t ruin it by having her kill Cersei.

Well, the Hound and Arya are headed to KL. We all know what they're setting up the Hound for. It seems like Arya's still got a major role to play, which is kinda annoying to me because Arya's whole super-ninja-assassin thing has worn a bit thin.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's Brienne (unless Breanne is a nickname joke that i don't get)

Nah - I just can't get all the spellings right. Apparently Bronn has the two ns, too.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the Bronn scene did not bother me at the time but now you guys have ruined it for me  :frown:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nah, the Bronn scene is barely a blip on the radar of stuff to complain about.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
I don't have any issue with them building a ballista to shoot at dragons. They are just way too accurate. It would be really hard to hit a flying dragon with a heavy bolt from a ship bobbing up and down on the water from more than 100 yards away.

it would be all but impossible.  also, a person riding a dragon could see a fleet of rough ridin' ships at dragon-shooting range more easily than a person on a fleet of rough ridin' ships could see a dragon.  and also, they show those rough ridin' overgrown arrows hitting the ships as if they were rough ridin' cannonballs.  jfc, even actual cannon don't sink ships that easily.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Arya's whole super-ninja-assassin thing has worn a bit thin.

it's the only thing the show hasn't mumped up beyond all belief.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

it would be all but impossible.  also, a person riding a dragon could see a fleet of rough ridin' ships at dragon-shooting range more easily than a person on a fleet of rough ridin' ships could see a dragon.  and also, they show those rough ridin' overgrown arrows hitting the ships as if they were rough ridin' cannonballs.  jfc, even actual cannon don't sink ships that easily.
Magic arrows tho

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you can either magic up a giant dragonseeking arrow or you can magic up a giant ship-destroying arrow.  but everyone knows you can't fit two magics into the same giant arrow.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Some of you guys are trying way too hard with this show. If you’re calling BS with some of these events this season, why the eff have you been keeping up on dragons, dead soldiers, etc. the past 10 years? Good grief. Stop trying so hard to bury nice things.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Liked the second watch better. It's really clear that tyrion jumping off the ship and getting bonked with the mast was supposed to be the end of the episode. The next scene of the unsullied washing ashore and the next 20 minutes felt very much like the start of the next episode that was cut short and didn't fit the tone of the first 2/3rds. So we ended up with a good 55 minute episode and then half of a very poorly edited episode mashed together and it's just doesn't flow correctly.

The sneak attack is just so amazingly stupid though...

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
It's really clear that tyrion jumping off the ship and getting bonked with the mast was supposed to be the end of the episode. The next scene of the unsullied washing ashore and the next 20 minutes felt very much like the start of the next episode that was cut short and didn't fit the tone of the first 2/3rds.

interesting thought and makes sense. i thought it was the end of the epi while watching live.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Liked the second watch better. It's really clear that tyrion jumping off the ship and getting bonked with the mast was supposed to be the end of the episode. The next scene of the unsullied washing ashore and the next 20 minutes felt very much like the start of the next episode that was cut short and didn't fit the tone of the first 2/3rds. So we ended up with a good 55 minute episode and then half of a very poorly edited episode mashed together and it's just doesn't flow correctly.

The sneak attack is just so amazingly stupid though...

I agree in that if the writers were like "okay bottom line we gotta get this down to 1 dragon" then the better way to do it would have been to have Rhaegal just go down against Viserion and the whites. Kind of dumb he survived all that and then just gets blasted out of the air from a considerable distance away by a bunch of grayjoy turds. Otherwise though I think they needed some way of giving Cersei a hostage that is close to Dany and I mean whats another scenario for that to happen that isn't equally as stupid?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Not spending 15 seconds on Jon saying goodbye to ghost was just tragic. Same with not showing us Sansa and arya's reaction to learning about aegon.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Perhaps it’s not really goodbye. :Wha:

But it’s pretty clear they wanted to have the dragon going down to be like, hey look these things are vulnerable after all. Still, would have been 10,000x better if they did that by having one of the dragons killed during that pointless negotiation scene at the gate.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
On the positive side, Jon's funeral speech was really good. I really don't want them doing the mad queen, but all the scenes with tyrion and varys were very good and they seem to be settling it up well. Arya's hit it and quit it made me happy. Hound with sansa was great.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Not spending 15 seconds on Jon saying goodbye to ghost was just tragic. Same with not showing us Sansa and arya's reaction to learning about aegon.
The wolves haven't done crap so who cares.

Sansa's Aegon reaction was going straight to Tyrion to tell on him, she's cold blooded now.