Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 361706 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Meh, the books will vindicate the Meera theory if they ever get written. Disappointing that the show ditched Meera but whatever. Shows cant do everything in the books.

But everyone except known dumbasses should be disappointed by where the show went with the WW. The WW and 3ER were the central mysteries of the show - not just the books - and the show ultimately gave short shrift to both. The WW were ice zombies and the 3ER was a plot device to provide some necessary flashbacks. Okkkkk.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:41:59 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
pretty enjoyable reviews
I like that I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand #metoo

He has no clue.

There's a difference between what it was and what it's become. /pitout. You all know what I'm talking about.

I honestly have no idea

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Add me to the list who thought Meera should have had a larger part in this show.

She got a paralyzed teenager from Winterfell to wherever the eff beyond the wall the former 3ER was and back. Seems a pretty large part imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
why wouldn't cersai have one of those huge arrow guns shoot tyrion?  she absolutely would have, if this were irl

Probably because Tyrion really hasn’t been worth crap the last few seasons and always ends up getting owned whenever they battle Cersei.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
BUT — I definitely think it was stupid that they didn’t just unload those ballistas on the last living dragon that was just sitting right there like an idiot.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

I could be mistaken, but I believe it’s likely that Jon will make his way to Dragon Stone and as a true Targaryen king may likely somehow reanimate the stone Dragons there. I wouldn’t rule out Jon, Arya and Sansa all riding dragons together. This may not happen exactly but I think it is likely to play a role.

Check out my new article in Time magazine.

http://time.com/5583761/game-of-thrones-tyrion-dragon/
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
has anyone talked about how Bronn could just waltz into a fortress and into a quiet room with the hand of the king while carrying a rough ridin' crossbow? and then they just let him waltz his happy ass back out and don't have like the army murder him or anything. And who has a rough ridin' Lord do their murdering for them?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
This was a bad episode and the bronn thing was maybe 5th on the list of bad.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
has anyone talked about how Bronn could just waltz into a fortress and into a quiet room with the hand of the king while carrying a rough ridin' crossbow? and then they just let him waltz his happy ass back out and don't have like the army murder him or anything. And who has a rough ridin' Lord do their murdering for them?

I mean, half the people at Winterfell would’ve been like “Oh hey, ‘sup Bronn” when he walked in. And he’s a half-assed Lord anyway.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I’m more troubled by the fact that he led off his negotiations by admitting that Cersei was probably the losing side. But yeah, your points, too. It was pretty dumb.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
jamie is just going to tell cersei that bronn two-timed her when he gets back and then ser steps-forward-menacingly will lop off his head.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
also then sam will get highgarden

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
the giant crossbows are GOTs version of the TLJ hyperspace kamikaze

youre telling me that in 10000 years of continuous warfare (presumably including normal size crossbows) nobody thought of scaling up the crossbow to murk dragons and wreck entire fleets?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I’ve skimmed this thread since last night and you people are the absolute rough ridin' worst. I get it, something isn’t 100% right, but JFC. Write it yourself and just rough ridin' imagine it happening.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe third worst

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
It's ok to admit when something has gone down in quality. This is easily the worst episode of the series, imho. Still had some good moments, but what a rough ridin' mess.

Tbh I can't even think of any episode that comes close to being this bad.

Plot points for the last two episodes have been leaked and it's taking all my strength to not go read them tho.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's ok to admit when something has gone down in quality. This is easily the worst episode of the series, imho. Still had some good moments, but what a rough ridin' mess.

Tbh I can't even think of any episode that comes close to being this bad.

Plot points for the last two episodes have been leaked and it's taking all my strength to not go read them tho.
The A-team getting the zombie to send to cersei was the dumbest.

I thought the first scene when Dany made Gendry a lord was one of the best in the last three seasons

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I tend to judge each episode as if it couldn’t help the circumstances it starts with. On that scale I think this was a fine episode. I’m still pissed with how the white walker storyline ended but I’ve come to grips with the fact that there’s simply not enough time to do anything else with it. I think the Jon vs Dany plot and setting her up as Mad King 2.0 is probably as interesting of a storyline that they could come up with at this point.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m also still a big fan of the entire Arya storyline, and I hope they don’t ruin it by having her kill Cersei.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
BUT — I definitely think it was stupid that they didn’t just unload those ballistas on the last living dragon that was just sitting right there like an idiot.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is easily the worst episode of the series, imho.

every episode for three years has been easily the worst.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
jaimie is way too good-looking for brienne. most unrealistic part of the show so far.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
jaimie is way too good-looking for brienne. most unrealistic part of the show so far.
Dude has only one hand. Probably affects his self-esteem a bit. Plus, he was nailing his sister before. Isn't not incest an upgrade from incest no matter who he was boinking before?